• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tate Martell. He gone.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sloopy, do tell, what did you disagree with in my post above? I feel like everything I said was a fact.

• I was impressed with Fields in High School - Fact
  • College is a different level from high school - Fact
  • Harrison High lost a lot of games (they went 9-4 his senior year, and lost 7 in two years) - Fact
  • Ohio State wants to compete with Clemson, Bama, and UGA - Fact
  • Justin Fields couldn't start at any of those teams - Fact
  • Martell is short - Fact
  • He had significantly better stats than Fields in High School - Martell- 64% of passes completed for 2,400 yards and 41 touchdowns and 1 interception and 1,257 yards rushing and 21 touchdowns (he maintained a high level of production for 3 seasons) - Fields - 66% of passes completed for 2,770 yards and 23 touchdowns and 6 interceptions and 1,176 yards rushing with 15 touchdowns - Fact
  • Martell played against much better competition in high school than Fields - Fields played 5A Georgia ball, they played one top 100 football team his senior year in high school and were blown out by them. Played none his junior year and was blown out in the playoffs - Martell played at Bishop Gorman, never lost a game in 3 years, and beat 15 top 100 teams. He also won a national championship, came in 2nd another year and 7th his sophomore year, and had 3 state titles. His final game, he led his team to a 84-8 victory over a top 100 team in Liberty. - Fact
Everything I said was a fact. You just don't like the conclusion that the facts point to.

Ok, Dwight

Reactions: gob

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So..... Fields sucks, and OSU stands no chance because he wouldn't be able to beat out the only QB rated higher than him in his class, the highly rated incumbent QB, or the Heisman runner up for a starting spot. Also, Tate is much, much better because he tore it up in HS.

Cool

I have to assume people talking up Martell didn't see how he faced against the only athletic defense he faced all year. And that was OSU in the spring game. He was awful

Now I was still excited to see what he had this year but he obviously doesn't have enough confidence in his ability. Oh well

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to assume people talking up Martell didn't see how he faced against the only athletic defense he faced all year. And that was OSU in the spring game. He was awful

Now I was still excited to see what he had this year but he obviously doesn't have enough confidence in his ability. Oh well
Yep. I wanted to see a good competition this spring. Disappointing.

Oh well. His life to live. He's gotta do what he thinks is best for him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree. I think UGA handled the situation well. Some random kid made racial remarks towards him. That's horrible. The school investigated and dismissed the kid from the team, which I think was a good reaction. I don't see how he can then come back and say UGA is a hostile environment, when they clearly responded to help him, and there's no other evidence of misbehavior. The NCAA should absolutely deny the waiver. Everyone knows the real reason he's now a Buckeye. He wasn't a good enough football player to be a starter at UGA. He knew he wasn't good enough to win the starting job, didn't want to compete to try to get better, so decided to leave to go elsewhere. That's the reason he transferred, and no other, should have to sit like everyone else.

lolzzzz nope but nice try. This is actually the reason Tate transferred though so maybe you are a bit confused.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen Fields play much but I have so much faith in him I am willing to put my avi where my mouth is.

Any takers?