1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tate Martell. He gone.

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Hang_On_Sloopy08, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hang_On_Sloopy08 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

So just learned Tate was at the Ohio State vs. Michigan State basketball game posting Instagram photos from the stands when he learned Haskins, Urban, and newly acquired Justin Fields were sitting courtside.

Martell has now removed Ohio State from his Instagram profile.

Yup he mad and he gone.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. tOSUstate

tOSUstate Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

From the pre-season to now this has been one of the craziest that I can remember. Part of me feels bad for Tate but I never loved the signing to begin with. He's just so fucking short.
    Don't get me wrong if he ends up starting for the Buckeyes or any other team I'll definitely root for him.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BTHOtu

BTHOtu Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Hes ass, my dude.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. mall3013

mall3013 Hoopla's #1 Bucknut

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 0

The kid should have just went on about his business without sending tweets on social media. Now he looks like a complete shit talking, cocky, arrogant, afraid to compete ass clown. I thought he would be better than this. I understand he can be upset about the situation, but don't post shit on social media about being butthurt.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Across The Field

Across The Field Oaky Afterbirth

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 24,657

I don't get why people are so pissed about the social media stuff. I like that he has confidence. He sent that back before Day took over full-time, and before they brought in the new OC. Nobody knows what's actually going on between he and the team/staff. My guess is that he can see the writing on the wall. Don't forget, he was never Day's guy. Matt Baldwin is, and obviously so is Fields. Not to say he has 0 shot of winning the competition if he comes in and plays better, but he's clearly at a disadvantage.

If I were him, I'd be doing what's best for my future, too. If he leaves now, he has a legit shot of starting for a team this fall. If he stays, he could be looking at least at another year. As someone who will have already graduated, I think there are rules about transferring that are different than underclassmen transferring. For example, if Burrow tried to transfer again, I think he'd have to sit out since he already grad-transferred once.

6. gobucks0409

gobucks0409 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,086

I don't think he's graduated yet. Isn't he scheduled to after the spring semester?

He COULD end up not graduating, and extending his undergrad studies for another year (or could he graduate, and instead of going for a graduate degree, go for another degree?).

7. Across The Field

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 24,657

He's scheduled to graduate after this current semester, then he's a grad transfer. Not sure what the rule is if he transfers before then, but my guess is he doesn't leave before then, like what Burrow did last year. He leaves in 3 months, gets to spend the next 4.5 month with his new team, and he's in great shape to start at schools like Miami or WVU.

8. gobucks0409

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,086

Yeah, but like I was saying... Say Fields does not end up getting his waiver. Tate could just continue his undergrad studies for another year (go for a double major or something), then grad transfer next year if he doesn't think he'll be the starter.

9. Across The Field

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 24,657

It's a lot easier to minimize the risk of rolling the dice like that when you're not living it. From the way it sounds from not only Fields' lawyer but from other sources close to the NCAA, it sounds like the waiver will come through. It'd set a dangerous precedent for the NCAA not to in this day of racial outrage, as it should honestly.

Another thing to consider - Tate isn't a guarantee to beat out Baldwin. People act like he's just another Stephen Collier type, but Baldwin can fucking sling it. His teammates love his ability, and remember - he was Day's guy, Tate was Urban's. Day and Yurcich run offenses tailored to guys who are able to sit in the pocket and sling it, which isn't really Martell's strength, but it is Baldwin's. TBH, I'm not sure Martell would be starting this year even if Fields' couldn't play.

10. jwolt92

jwolt92 The voice of fuckin reason

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 8,767

The biggest thing I learned out of all of this was that his name is fuckin Tathan..

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I have to be honest. I can’t imagine the betrayal he had to of felt when he saw Haskins, Urban, and Fields sitting courtside chumming it up. They did nothing wrong and I get it, but still.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. gobucks0409

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,086

Yeah, it's just like wooing a big time recruit. Happens pretty often.

• Like Like x 1
  13. KingKoolKat75

KingKoolKat75 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,750

A confident person would have went over and made an introduction,,,not take it as a slight and act like a bad breakup.

14. Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I’m more of a realist. In the moment that wouldn’t be a good feeling to see. Doesn’t say anything about his confidence, it’s an act of betrayal regardless when they’re laying out the red carpet for a guy who’s never played a down.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sgt Brutus

Sgt Brutus Minister of Propaganda

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 3,258

Cucked by papa Urban

16. corn train

corn train Have some of it

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 200

Did Taint think they would stop recruiting QBs for 4 years straight until he graduated? Must have been devastating for him, and confusing, when the coaches name Haskins starter last year

• Facepalm Facepalm x 2
  17. Codaxx

Codaxx Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

This transfer thing is a disaster. It’s a double edged sword. I complete understand a kid like Jalen Hurts and think the rule is great for situations like that. This BS with Freshmen QBs transferring is complete nonsense. They haven’t had a full year in the S&C progrAm or college coaching and they think they should start over guys that have 2-3 years head start on them. They are transferring because they brought a knife to a gun fight in most cases. Guve yourself a little time to at least make it a fair fight before you leave. I really think they need to roll this back. I think this should only be available to upper classmen (by educational designation). Under classmen should have to get a waiver from an advisory board under certain situations (I.e family, sanctions, etc)

18. gobucks0409

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,086

Isn't this how it is now? Unless you want to sit a year?

I'd support restricting transfers, if you extend it to coaches, too.

19. KingKoolKat75

KingKoolKat75 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,750

No...I'm aware some people make decisions based on emotion. Just saying it would benefit him if he didn't make such a big decision based on seeing the coach with another QB.

20. Codaxx

Codaxx Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

No. Right now anyone can leave. I am in favor of 2 year commitment and than you are free to go.