• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Targeting

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn’t launch his body, he kept his ground. Makes all the difference in the world apparently. Still I dont think anyone knows the rules lol

If this play happened in the Nebraska v Ohio State game, I bet they uphold it. All depends of officiating crew which is fucked up! Either it is or isn't targeting, shouldn’t matter which crew makes call

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally get the rule.

But Nebraska just got 2 players ejected on bang bang calls that yes were penalties imo but not worthy of an election.

Really think this rule needs to be looked at. I mean very similar hits in other games the call was reversed and not called targeting
Blame poor tackling technique. There is no reason to go for the head.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame poor tackling technique. There is no reason to go for the head.

I can agree with this to an extent. Offensive player lowers head while defender is trying to tackle, defenses head its a lowered offensive players head, called targeting on a bang bang play

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to make it easy on the new Wisky QB in the first half next week

GhostRiderRushville

Original Caravan Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,103,757.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia defender jacked for bear hugging a sliding TTech qb. Bullshit rule needs adjusted.....

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I was surprised they reversed the first targeting call. I agree that it should have been reversed but the call has just become so dumb now I always expect it to be upheld

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for trying to make the game safer. But it's getting out of hand, imo. There is a certain amount of risk that you accept when you choose to play football.

I mean, if you go into it not understanding that you can get hurt playing the game...I'm pretty sure you'd figure it out at some point during the first day in full pads.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for trying to make the game safer. But it's getting out of hand, imo. There is a certain amount of risk that you accept when you choose to play football.

I mean, if you go into it not understanding that you can get hurt playing the game...I'm pretty sure you'd figure it out at some point during the first day in full pads.

More players are going to get hurt because they are playing "scared" about what they can and can not do. Result = injuries

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally get the rule.

But Nebraska just got 2 players ejected on bang bang calls that yes were penalties imo but not worthy of an election.

Really think this rule needs to be looked at. I mean very similar hits in other games the call was reversed and not called targeting
I have to definitely agree with you on this. Unless there is reasonable evidence that it was done deliberately, there should be another penalty. Perhaps a 20 or 25 yard penalty, and the player remains in the game.

The calls were definitely borderline.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to definitely agree with you on this. Unless there is reasonable evidence that it was done deliberately, there should be another penalty. Perhaps a 20 or 25 yard penalty, and the player remains in the game.

The calls were definitely borderline.
I think that's why the rule is so "bad" as it is. Its very hard to determine "intent" But after all this time you'd think the powers that be would be able to improve the rule

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally get the rule.

I hate the rule more than anyone here, I can guarantee you that. But Nebraska’s defense doesn’t know how to tackle. Every time you looked up they were just launching their bodies to tackle. Sometimes it worked, other times they get hit with the rule and got players ejected. Other times we just spun around them since they didn’t use their arms to tackle. It was an embarrassment how they pretend to play defense.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to allow actual refereeing in spirit of sport to take place. That means using common sense intent versus bang bang plays to eject people. It’s so fucking gay how many times we need to stop the game, run the monitor out to the field, watch dozens of replay frames, agonize fractions of a second and what’s happening etc... the defender either intended to take out a defenseless player or they didn’t. Remove the replay aspect and just live with the referees call as they see it refereeing the game. It’s killing the flow of the game and unwittingly players are getting ejected for things outside of their control because of the “letter of the rule” contact.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally get the rule.

Truth. It needs to be revised.

Too many hits are called targeting when it just wasn't...... They've gone to far with it........

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too many hits are called targeting when it just wasn't...... They've gone to far with it........
Any cheap shots to the head are targeting in my opinion.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention in some cases the offensive player leads with there helmet and initiates contact yet defender gets called.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention in some cases the offensive player leads with there helmet and initiates contact yet defender gets called.

I see this with facemask as well. The offensive player RARELY gets called for a facemask. They usually get the benefit of the doubt, defensive players have it tough nowadays.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this with facemask as well. The offensive player RARELY gets called for a facemask. They usually get the benefit of the doubt, defensive players have it tough nowadays.

Yup! Why is that allowed yet the defender can't do it? Its very clear when the offensive player does it and its usually right in front of official yet nothing called

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Targeting on Auburn? Shouldn't have been called to begin with. Good thing they reversed it

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety Thomas on Clemson literally launched as if he was diving and drove his helmet into the BC Quarterback's head.

Even the commentators said it was the textbook launching and leading with the crown of the helmet.

BC is giving Clemson all they want. Had Clemson down 28-13 at the half.

BC is getting screwed by the officiating in the second half. Kicked a punt to the Clemson 1. Penalty for illegal motion. Rekick. Punt is frozen on the 1 again. Penalty for Holding. Rekick, Clemson got to run this one back to the 38. No penalty.

Clemson won 34-28