• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tanking?? Maybe, maybe not, but certainly not trying to win!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week the team signed Mark Sanchez as back-up to Colt McCoy. When McCoy"s season abruptly ended they signed some guy named Johnson who hadn't thrown a pass in the NFL since 2011. Think about that for a moment, then ask yourself if there weren't better choices to make, even if the decision wasn't going to be Kaepernick.

I wonder if the real decision wasn't one to tank the season and begin planning for the future. A future perhaps without either Smith or McCoy behind center and a draft position currently at 16, and likely rising with each loss. OK, I can understand Sanchez sort of, but this latest signing screams an unwillingness to want to win another game this season. Now don't get things twisted, they will deny any hint at tanking, but let's be honest, this team is just one more injury away from having a Colin Kaepernick type player, albeit, one not nearly as skilled or experienced, as its starter. Even if we exclude Kaepernick, weren't there better experienced, more recently active, options available? Despite any denials, I smell a planned tanking! Smart move, but you didn't hear it from me!:D

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week the team signed Mark Sanchez as back-up to Colt McCoy. When McCoy"s season abruptly ended they signed some guy named Johnson who hadn't thrown a pass in the NFL since 2011. Think about that for a moment, then ask yourself if there weren't better choices to make, even if the decision wasn't going to be Kaepernick.

I wonder if the real decision wasn't one to tank the season and begin planning for the future. A future perhaps without either Smith or McCoy behind center and a draft position currently at 16, and likely rising with each loss. OK, I can understand Sanchez sort of, but this latest signing screams an unwillingness to want to win another game this season. Now don't get things twisted, they will deny any hint at tanking, but let's be honest, this team is just one more injury away from having a Colin Kaepernick type player, albeit, one not nearly as skilled or experienced, as its starter. Even if we exclude Kaepernick, weren't there better experienced, more recently active, options available? Despite any denials, I smell a planned tanking! Smart move, but you didn't hear it from me!:D
We aren’t tanking and please kaep and his lawyer aren’t coming to DC and never would . How do you make the case the NFL won’t let me play. And then sign a contract with the skins for 6 games ? Sorry but he won’t sabatoge his case for 6 games . This team was folding before the CDC. Injury because the defense isn’t playing well at all and CDC can’t score points

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren’t tanking and please kaep and his lawyer aren’t coming to DC and never would . How do you make the case the NFL won’t let me play. And then sign a contract with the skins for 6 games ? Sorry but he won’t sabatoge his case for 6 games . This team was folding before the CDC. Injury because the defense isn’t playing well at all and CDC can’t score points

Enough of the Kaep stuff, besides suing for what was previously done, has no bearing on any contract that he might sign now. That said, this thread wasn't about Kaep, but tanking by not putting the best players on the field. Excluding Kaep, there were better players than Sanchez to back up McCoy and after McCoy went down, there were definitely better players than Johnson to back up Sanchez.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, when it comes to making the playoffs our Redskins are breathing on a respirator with a very slim chance of playing a 17th game this season no matter who we have at the QB position at this point in a very disappointing season. Whether we want to call it tanking or just not having the talent to win for the rest of the season is debatable but nothing that our front office does anymore surprises me because they are totally inept.

Before the season started, and on another thread on this site, I predicted the Redskins would finish this season 7-9 and I think I'm going to be pretty close even though hope I will be wrong.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, when it comes to making the playoffs our Redskins are breathing on a respirator with a very slim chance of playing a 17th game this season no matter who we have at the QB position at this point in a very disappointing season. Whether we want to call it tanking or just not having the talent to win for the rest of the season is debatable but nothing that our front office does anymore surprises me because they are totally inept.

Before the season started, and on another thread on this site, I predicted the Redskins would finish this season 7-9 and I think I'm going to be pretty close even though hope I will be wrong.

You know for the life of me I can't see where they get win #7. In the prediction thread I picked our guys because of two reasons.

1. Because I believe that this game against the Giants without Beckham, is their best opportunity to do so.

And …

2. Because this guy has finally picked our team to win one!!:D

th

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know for the life of me I can't see where they get win #7. In the prediction thread I picked our guys because of two reasons.

1. Because I believe that this game against the Giants without Beckham, is their best opportunity to do so.

And …

2. Because this guy has finally picked our team to win one!!:D

th

Sty, I agree with you, if we can't beat the Giants without Beckham that 7th win might be totally elusive.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they have to tank, they are that bad.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they have to tank, they are that bad.
The question is do you shut down some guys who are injured and playing like crap. Trent, Dunbar, and to a lesser extent, Thompson comes to mind.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is do you shut down some guys who are injured and playing like crap. Trent, Dunbar, and to a lesser extent, Thompson comes to mind.

Shut them down.

We are drafting a QB in 2019, might be looking for a coach, and Im not going to be shocked if we are not at least considering trading up for a QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut them down.

We are drafting a QB in 2019, might be looking for a coach, and Im not going to be shocked if we are not at least considering trading up for a QB.

i hope we dont trade up , we wont have any help fro FA the next 2 seasons do to the ASS trade