• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tank For Trevor

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s Fields
Joe Douglas is a guy respected around the league as a guy that knows what he’s doing, if it’s true, Justin Fields is a Jet

Darnald has been surrounded by a terrible situation and he has proven to overcome 0% of it. Good QBs have to some extent overcome bad situations a million times over. You’re gonna insert this guy into yet another offensive system, hope he stays healthy (big problem) and hope he isn’t exactly what he has shown in the NFL (big risk). Time to move on, a 3rd is probably very doable

So they are going to take Fields instead of a Smith? I think if Darnold had Smith he would be good and could develop

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about money. He'll get another shot, but a second team is not going to give a damn about him being a 1st round pick and he's going to have to earn it.
I’m talking about the money.

He is 23 and rich, with guaranteed future income. He has time to get his shit together and become what he was drafted to become, a starting NFL QB.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well with all due respect to OSU fans.....us who argued about haskins last year, were told how stupid we were.
I dont remember anyone saying Haskins was supposed to be great. I thought he shouldn’t have been picked in the 1st and/or came back to school another year. Fields is in a whole different class than Haskins. This was the #1 HS recruit and top 5 recruit of all-time..projected #2 but #1 in any class. Not a fair comparison. All that being said, I still think Lawrence should go #1 but saying Manning-Leaf is like Lawrence-Fields is pretty crazy. I think Fields needs to work on more of his game and Lawrence is more NFL ready but both have high sky potentials.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont remember anyone saying Haskins was supposed to be great. I thought he shouldn’t have been picked in the 1st and/or came back to school another year. Fields is in a whole different class than Haskins. This was the #1 HS recruit and top 5 recruit of all-time..projected #2 but #1 in any class. Not a fair comparison. All that being said, I still think Lawrence should go #1 but saying Manning-Leaf is like Lawrence-Fields is pretty crazy. I think Fields needs to work on more of his game and Lawrence is more NFL ready but both have high sky potentials.
i could be wrong, but seem to recall folks disputing his vision, procession, and well sheer ability to play in the nfl......

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready or not, he didn't seem to want to get better. I don't know if fighting for a job is in his wheelhouse either and that is what he's going to have to do.
Yep another huge key to his short stint, he had no work ethic, desire or really competitive nature.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could be wrong, but seem to recall folks disputing his vision, procession, and well sheer ability to play in the nfl......
Before he was drafted, I said those things and it seemed like most Ohio St fans agreed. But while he was started a lot did stick up for him bc they felt Rivera didn’t give him a fair chance. Turned out, the dude has no work ethic and partied in strip clubs instead. It surprised me bc I heard how hard he had been working...so from that aspect, it did surprise me.

All I’m saying is Fields should not be compared to him bc he was an Ohio St QB with not much experience. Fields did have only basically 1 1/2 years starting college football and he isn’t more NFL ready than Lawrence. He holds onto the ball to long sometimes and slow on his reads but he is young and has a high ceiling...turns out Haskins ceiling was limited, probably had a lot to do with his work ethic. I don’t feel sorry for him one bit

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I even admit I'm exaggerating some on that comparison. But I do indeed believe it to be a massive difference between Lawrence & Fields and that is my main point. There shouldn't ever be an actual Manning-Leaf difference in #1 & #2 ever again... although ya never know.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say that Fields reminds me a bit of Deshaun Watson coming out and I checked a couple of draft sites and they're seeing similar things. If he busts then his career will look a bit like Mariota or Winston and not Leaf.

imo

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Gase was fired it would be stupid for the Jets to draft anybody besides Fields....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they are going to take Fields instead of a Smith? I think if Darnold had Smith he would be good and could develop

Joe Douglas didn’t draft Darnald, and history tells us that new GMs that get a so so QB grandfathered in, usually moves on from that QB

it’s time. Darnald got dinged up again yesterday, so besides the very average play, he has become a legit durability problem

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched that QB1 show on Netflix which featured Fields

for what it’s worth, he is such an awesome kid from a great family, so character will never come into play with this guy

conversely Spencer Rattler, that kid from OU who will prob be a high draft pick down the road, was the biggest douche I’ve ever seen

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just to add to my comment, if the jets had any plan to keep Darnold, they should not have fired Gase… as weird as that sounds... and I hate gase, and wanted him fired...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just to add to my comment, if the jets had any plan to keep Darnold, they should not have fired Gase… as weird as that sounds... and I hate gase, and wanted him fired...

I agree, because you would have had another “transition” season into a new system

and furthermore, you are approaching decision time to have to pay Darnald, that also makes this a no brainer

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Douglas didn’t draft Darnald, and history tells us that new GMs that get a so so QB grandfathered in, usually moves on from that QB

it’s time. Darnald got dinged up again yesterday, so besides the very average play, he has become a legit durability problem

We shall see. Will be a very exciting off season for every team this year!

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I even admit I'm exaggerating some on that comparison. But I do indeed believe it to be a massive difference between Lawrence & Fields and that is my main point. There shouldn't ever be an actual Manning-Leaf difference in #1 & #2 ever again... although ya never know.

Being an Ohio State fan, the biggest difference between Fields and every QB they have had recently that got drafted is he actually transitions through all of his reads. Haskins might have went through a couple before he was getting rid of it, every QB besides Haskins just tucked and ran if the first one, maybe two, wasn't open. Fields surveys the whole field (sometimes to a fault cause he holds the ball to long) and doesn't rely on his athleticism as much to run when he probably could. While that's frustrating as a college fan, it will translate much better to the NFL