• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tank For Trevor

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be an interesting off-season with a lot of questions that'll be answered by the end of draft weekend.
wasnt hurts a top 15 qb like a week an:scratch:d a half ago, and rising fast? Now the eagles are drafting a qb?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasnt hurts a top 15 qb like a week an:scratch:d a half ago, and rising fast? Now the eagles are drafting a qb?
Yes this is true. I personally saw a big difference in the offense with Hurts starting so getting him a top talent to work with I think would be the best way to go. Fields may or may not pan out but why risk it when the QB you spent a second on has looked pretty descent and that's with little talent around him.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off. The only reason that team made the AFC title game was because of their Defense. Their offense sucked.
There Defense right now doesnt even come close to resembling the defense from that year.
So while a top QB will make their team better. It wont make them a playoff team next year.
Like @megalodon30 seems to think.

Mahomes as great as he is wouldnt make a team with exact same personnel a +10 in the win column as he claims.
Mahomes walked into a perfect scenario. Most great QBs has to wait a few years of building to get those results.
Alex Smith the year before mahomes started was an MVP candidate on the Chiefs. No one's gonna claim Alex Smith as an all time great. Mahomes already had a playoff team when he started.

The Jags are a cesspool right now who are about to have some coaching overhaul (or should) acting like all they are missing is a QB is absurd.

Depends on just how good Lawrence is. Colts went from 2 wins and the number 1 pick to 11 wins and in the playoffs immediately after drafting Andrew Luck. Some QBs just are that good. We’ll see if Trevor has that skill level.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets beating the Rams today was the biggest win for Jacksonville since they defeated Pittsburgh to advance to the AFC Title game. I hope they don't blow it now by winning a game here at the end. Trevor Lawrence to Justin Fields is like Peyton Manning to Ryan Leaf!

God bless Sam Darnold,

Signed,
All Jags fans!

really GIF by Shock Top

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well with all due respect to OSU fans.....us who argued about haskins last year, were told how stupid we were.

Haskins wasn't ready. He simply did not have enough experience. He needed to go to a more stable program to have a chance

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins wasn't ready. He simply did not have enough experience. He needed to go to a more stable program to have a chance
One year starters aren’t my cup Of tea usually. But guys have made it work. I also admit I don’t recall interacting with you on Haskins. So don’t think I was taking a shit at you specifically. That’s why I said osu fans and not you:suds:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on just how good Lawrence is. Colts went from 2 wins and the number 1 pick to 11 wins and in the playoffs immediately after drafting Andrew Luck. Some QBs just are that good. We’ll see if Trevor has that skill level.
You can't really compare the Jags to that Colts team. The Colts tanked big time but they still had Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Dallas Clark, Jeff Saturday ( yes over the hill but a leader) on offense and Freeney and Mathis on the defensive front. And they also drafted T.Y. Hilton with Luck. Luck was fantastic like we all knew he would be but he had some weapons to work with.
For comparison, the 2011 Colts with Dan Orlovsky, Curtis Painter and a little of 39 yr old Kerry Collins thrown in passing the ball.
Top 2 WRs- Wayne 75 rec/ 960 yds, Garcon 70 rec/ 947 yds
2020 Jags with Minshew and Glennon
Top 2 WRs- Chark 53 rec/ 706 yds Cole 52 rec/ 619 yds.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit on my last post. Garcon and Clark left the Colts in Luck's first year but T.Y. Hilton had 50 rec/ 861 yds and Reggie Wayne had 106 rec/ 1355 yds. Luck also had a couple of other players. The Jags don't have much other than Chark so I guess the point is Jax needs a lot more pieces than the 2012 Colts did with Luck.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ready or not, he didn't seem to want to get better. I don't know if fighting for a job is in his wheelhouse either and that is what he's going to have to do.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As You Wish Cary Elwes GIF by Disney+

Haskins and Fields aren't the same QB.
Haskins will start for someone eventually.

He’s not a shitheel. He’s not an actual idiot. He’s just immature. Junior high level immature, and he’s rich now. Bad combo.

Id have fired Ron before I cut my second year first round pick QB tbh. Hope the Lions sign him, which I’m sure won’t happen, they hate talent.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He’s not a shitheel. He’s not an actual idiot. He’s just immature. Junior high level immature, and he’s rich now. Bad combo.

Id have fired Ron before I cut my second year first round pick QB tbh. Hope the Lions sign him, which I’m sure won’t happen, they hate talent.

He'd better grow up real fucking fast then. The NFL does not tolerate ridiculously immature players unless they are elite talent, which he has yet to show.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd better grow up real fucking fast then. The NFL does not tolerate ridiculously immature players unless they are elite talent, which he has yet to show.
He’s 23, with two years of guaranteed money coming his way still.

There’s no need to panic. But he definitely needs to grow up. And check every stripper at his door for cameras prior to entry moving forward.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There’s no need to panic. But he definitely needs to grow up. And check every stripper at his door for cameras prior to entry moving forward.

I'm not talking about money. He'll get another shot, but a second team is not going to give a damn about him being a 1st round pick and he's going to have to earn it.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure didn't help that his weapons were like 14 UDFA (granted they struck gold with McLaurin) and the O line was not good. He might not develop into a star but I think he is at least good enough to be a solid career back up somewhere

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it a Detroit thing now? Like the tigers won't sign a FA worth a shit and the Pistons be like "Christian Wood is amazing??? Fuck offering him a contract"