• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tank For Trevor

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Hurts was the cats meow?

I like Hurts and think he can develop into a top 15-20 QB in the league. But I think that's it for him and there are parts of his game that worry me in regards to his long term ceiling. I think Justin Fields is an elite prospect like Wentz was was coming out of college. That potential to maybe one day develop into a top 5 QB in the league. With where the Eagles are with the state of their franchise I don't think it would be wise for them to pass on Fields if he somehow dropped to their pick.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Lawrence needs to pull and Eli and demand a trade to a playoff caliber team.

As good as Trevor was in college, if he's propped up by a shitty NFL O-Line with no running game he's going to get the crap beat out of him.

Joe Burrow? Remember him?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Lawrence needs to pull and Eli and demand a trade to a playoff caliber team.

As good as Trevor was in college, if he's propped up by a shitty NFL O-Line with no running game he's going to get the crap beat out of him.

Joe Burrow? Remember him?

the jags ol is middle of the pack per pff and they have like 80m in cap room to add to it. Plus they could trade Minshew for an OL in theory as well.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question on Lawrence for those of you that seem to study College football players. Not just read on them. (like me)
Lawrence a couple years ago beat the vaunted Alabama team for a championship. Ever since then he was considered the cream of the crop.
My question is. If he doesnt play in that game or lost that game. Would all the SportsHoopla still be talked about him? or would he just be considered a good QB on a top College team? Instead of this cant miss #1 pick generational player.
or do you feel he is a legit generational player?
TL was the overall top recruit in his class, and could have gone anywhere he wanted. I think he would have started and been a very good college QB at any of Oklahoma, Bama, UGA, or Ohio State. He would have been in a good position with talent around him wherever he committed. He also came in and beat out Kelly Bryant for the starting job, after Bryant had led them to the playoffs the previous year.

As far as the Bama NCG goes, he played excellent in the game - some said he was the best freshman QB ever. There were high expectations the whole way.

As far as being a "generational" player, ya know ... he's ben compared to Manning somewhat as far as pre-snap IQ. But as far as ability, I don't think he's as far along as Burrow was coming into the league this year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Devonta Smith, keep Darnold. Jets will be dangerous

It’s Fields
Joe Douglas is a guy respected around the league as a guy that knows what he’s doing, if it’s true, Justin Fields is a Jet

Darnald has been surrounded by a terrible situation and he has proven to overcome 0% of it. Good QBs have to some extent overcome bad situations a million times over. You’re gonna insert this guy into yet another offensive system, hope he stays healthy (big problem) and hope he isn’t exactly what he has shown in the NFL (big risk). Time to move on, a 3rd is probably very doable

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lawrence's stock dropped some, for sure. In addition to the fumbles, as @FaCe-LeE-uS pointed out in the game thread, he seemed to be only going with his pre-snap read, then staring the guy down the whole way. OSU def picked up on it. He didn't do well when pressured.

But he'll still go #1.

Fields stock went up. Those deep throws and his mobility reminded me a little bit of Russ Wilson.

Zach Wilson from BYU declared, and is climbing the charts in the mocks.
I’ve got to be missing something with T Law. Because every time I’ve watched him play I’ve never been blown away. Incredible collegiate career and has plenty of arm talent to develop into something special. But from what I’ve seen he doesn’t appear to be as pro-ready as everyone thinks he is. He doesn’t read defenses very well, he doesn’t use his progressions often, and he stares down his targets. Honestly if that’s what he’s always done then he will struggle mightily in the NFL.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve got to be missing something with T Law. Because every time I’ve watched him play I’ve never been blown away. Incredible collegiate career and has plenty of arm talent to develop into something special. But from what I’ve seen he doesn’t appear to be as pro-ready as everyone thinks he is. He doesn’t read defenses very well, he doesn’t use his progressions often, and he stares down his targets. Honestly if that’s what he’s always done then he will struggle mightily in the NFL.
I tend to take all the hype with a grain of salt. Especially when they bring out the "big gun" cliches. These QBs can have all the physical gifts imaginable and still end up bad or really average. Or the so called experts will say the kid isn't ready for the big stage, too short, not enough arm strength to succeed, too slow to escape pressure, bad vision, etc. etc. And most of the talking heads and so called draft gurus are wrong more often than right. Let's see what situations all these kids land in and find out what they are or aren't.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I've seen much of him outside of the big games but I think T Law will be at least good as long as he doesn't buy into his own hype. Mahomes and Lamar Jackson are MVP caliber players and they both have things to work on still. The NFL is a humbling sport even when you're the best so being the best prospect doesn't guarantee squat. T Law still needs a good coach, a decent team, a decent GM, and he needs to develop more just like everyone else.

I'm actually more worried about Justin Fields, tbh. I love the upside but none of what I just saw against Clemson translates to the NFL. He is better than Haskins for sure but I definitely want to look at more film once the Chiefs stop playing football and I move towards looking at draft prospects.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys, but I like Zach Wilson the best here:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hurts and think he can develop into a top 15-20 QB in the league. But I think that's it for him and there are parts of his game that worry me in regards to his long term ceiling. I think Justin Fields is an elite prospect like Wentz was was coming out of college. That potential to maybe one day develop into a top 5 QB in the league. With where the Eagles are with the state of their franchise I don't think it would be wise for them to pass on Fields if he somehow dropped to their pick.
I'd pass on Fields and build the team around Hurts. A second rounder was spent on him, has looked descent in 2 of 3 games just needs real weapons around him. Sounds crazy but if one of those two stud WRs are still on the board, draft him.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pass on Fields and build the team around Hurts. A second rounder was spent on him, has looked descent in 2 of 3 games just needs real weapons around him. Sounds crazy but if one of those two stud WRs are still on the board, draft him.

WR would be a wasted pick for the Eagles. If a QB that is too good to pass up doesn't drop to them then the pick would be better spent on the best defensive player on the board or offensive line. The Eagles are going to have a new DC for the first time in a long time and they have failed to draft a great defensive player to build around since Cox and Graham and both of them are nearing the end of their road. They desperately need to add some blue chip talent on defense that they can then transition and build around for the next decade on that side of the ball.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR would be a wasted pick for the Eagles. If a QB that is too good to pass up doesn't drop to them then the pick would be better spent on the best defensive player on the board or offensive line. The Eagles are going to have a new DC for the first time in a long time and they have failed to draft a great defensive player to build around since Cox and Graham and both of them are nearing the end of their road. They desperately need to add some blue chip talent on defense that they can then transition and build around for the next decade on that side of the ball.
You're not wrong but all positions are open for a top first rounder pick but I wouldn't go Fields. I'd give Hurts the keys and if he fails in the next year or two than go after the next QB prospect in that draft.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not wrong but all positions are open for a top first rounder pick but I wouldn't go Fields. I'd give Hurts the keys and if he fails in the next year or two than go after the next QB prospect in that draft.

Who knows what QBs will be in the next draft or if the Eagles would even be in position in one of those drafts to get one. I think Field is potentially a blue chip level of talent at QB that a team like the Eagles can afford to pass up despite having Jalen Hurts on the roster. If they did go the route of Fields or Wilson in the 1st round then I'm sure they could easily flip Hurts for a 2nd or 3rd if they then decided to.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys, but I like Zach Wilson the best here:

meteoric rise, and flavor of the month.......could be good, i know his arm isnt all that

I actually think when all is said and done that the BYU QB will go ahead of Fields.

Fields is very similar to the last Ohio State QB to be taken in the 1st round. He is better.....but he is closer to Haskell than he is to Lawrence.

I cant put my finger on it exactly but I just don't love what I have seen from Fields. I understand why people rate him as high as they do. But I don't think I would be the one to pull the trigger on him.

Why is that? The BYU qb is the flavor of the month....and pumped on draft sites. But other than that, what is it you see in the zach wilson......? or just seeing hype.......

Also, fields game is 180 degrees opposite of haskins, come on man.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what QBs will be in the next draft or if the Eagles would even be in position in one of those drafts to get one. I think Field is potentially a blue chip level of talent at QB that a team like the Eagles can afford to pass up despite having Jalen Hurts on the roster. If they did go the route of Fields or Wilson in the 1st round then I'm sure they could easily flip Hurts for a 2nd or 3rd if they then decided to.
It'll be an interesting off-season with a lot of questions that'll be answered by the end of draft weekend.