• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tanard Jackson

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After he gets reinstated, if he is in football shape then I say keep him..we can't count on Merriweather to stay healthy and we just lost Phillip Thomas for the season..which by the way sucks cause that means we are stuck with Gomes and Doughty once again.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not even get reinstated.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not even get reinstated.

Why ?/ he did his time for his crime...If he pisses clean, and has adheared to everythign he needed to do ...why wouldn't he?

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why ?/ he did his time for his crime...If he pisses clean, and has adheared to everythign he needed to do ...why wouldn't he?

It's up to Goodell. Last time I checked it's a hearing. Not just a date when he's automatically reinstated. There's a lot of ifs to it. He may not be clean. He's failed tests enough to where it's definitely not a given. I definitely won't give him the benefit of the doubt that he's changed until he proves otherwise.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanard is a longshot, at best. First, he has to be reinstated. Not a given, but he probably will be. Then he has to be physically evaluated. No way he is in football shape. You only get that way by playing/practicing football. He will most likely end up on the PUP list for 6 weeks. Most concerning will be his skill level. Remember, he hasn't really played for close to 2 years (injured in 2012, suspended in 2013). Does he still have it? If so, does he have the desire?

My guess is he will be reinstated and go immediately on the PUP. If our current safety roster turns out ok during those first 6 weeks, then I wouldn't be surprised if we don't try and trade him for some low round pick next year.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's up to Goodell. Last time I checked it's a hearing. Not just a date when he's automatically reinstated. There's a lot of ifs to it. He may not be clean. He's failed tests enough to where it's definitely not a given. I definitely won't give him the benefit of the doubt that he's changed until he proves otherwise.

I know its a hearing...but im sure he was told...you will do this and this and this or there is no way you get back in.....If he didnt do what he was told and he doesnt piss clean, then no...he wont be back..but if he has done what was expected (and I would think he would if he wants to play) then why wouldnt he be let back in?

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanard is a longshot, at best. First, he has to be reinstated. Not a given, but he probably will be. Then he has to be physically evaluated. No way he is in football shape. You only get that way by playing/practicing football. He will most likely end up on the PUP list for 6 weeks. Most concerning will be his skill level. Remember, he hasn't really played for close to 2 years (injured in 2012, suspended in 2013). Does he still have it? If so, does he have the desire?

My guess is he will be reinstated and go immediately on the PUP. If our current safety roster turns out ok during those first 6 weeks, then I wouldn't be surprised if we don't try and trade him for some low round pick next year.

agree, however.....if we dont need him....I doubt he gets traded...lets face it...with his past, and with no playing like you pointed out....He has ZERO trade value....he only right now...has value to us.....We will either have to activate him ....which to me says he plays...or we cut him....Nobody would offer a thing for him....I certainly wouldnt want the skins offering a pick for a player in these circumstances.....Late round picks are valuable.......Morris is proof of that....Rambo is proof of that

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goddell has not bent over backwards as of late to do the Redskins organization any favors. Jackson is fighting an uphill battle just to get reinstated. And he will likely be of little use until week seven or later in any case.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, however.....if we dont need him....I doubt he gets traded...lets face it...with his past, and with no playing like you pointed out....He has ZERO trade value....he only right now...has value to us.....We will either have to activate him ....which to me says he plays...or we cut him....Nobody would offer a thing for him....I certainly wouldnt want the skins offering a pick for a player in these circumstances.....Late round picks are valuable.......Morris is proof of that....Rambo is proof of that

You're probably right, but once you get into mid season and injuries mount, there might be some team out there that is desperate.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right, but once you get into mid season and injuries mount, there might be some team out there that is desperate.

desperate yes, but not that desperate to trade a pick for a guy in those circumstances.....If he is activeated he plays...if not he is cut.....then they can bring him in for a look see and maybe sign him

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its a hearing...but im sure he was told...you will do this and this and this or there is no way you get back in.....If he didnt do what he was told and he doesnt piss clean, then no...he wont be back..but if he has done what was expected (and I would think he would if he wants to play) then why wouldnt he be let back in?

I'm sure he's been told the same things when he was suspended the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time that led to this too. Point is, I don't trust someone like this to get their act together. They have to earn the trust.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he's been told the same things when he was suspended the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time that led to this too. Point is, I don't trust someone like this to get their act together. They have to earn the trust.

I agree...he does need to earn it...but the only way to earn it....gotta walk the walk...im sure they gave him a list of things to do before he could even think about it......if he did it....they would reinstate...now...pissing clean will be huge...and will HAve to stay that way too...Im not saying after he gets back ...he wont piss dirty...not at all...but just saying .....if he did as he was told...they would give him that chance again

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tanard gets reinstated I can almost assure anyone that he will see action as a Redskin in the second half of the season coming off pup that I'll assume he would be placed on. Our secondary is full of question marks, and I'm not including any rookie in that statement. Tanard showed last preseason his value and contribution worthyness. I also agree with someone else in this thread that it isn't any guarantee that he hasn't yet already failed another drug test that we just haven't heard about. No doubt we could use this guy.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tanard gets reinstated I can almost assure anyone that he will see action as a Redskin in the second half of the season coming off pup that I'll assume he would be placed on. Our secondary is full of question marks, and I'm not including any rookie in that statement. Tanard showed last preseason his value and contribution worthyness. I also agree with someone else in this thread that it isn't any guarantee that he hasn't yet already failed another drug test that we just haven't heard about. No doubt we could use this guy.
^this^ Our safety play is shaky as hell. merriweather cant stay healthy. thomas is out. doughty cant start. rambo is a question mark. gomes/pugh? im not relying on tanard but we might find ourselves needing him after PUP.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is it a given he isnt in shape ? the suspension doesnt mean he cant work out

now i agree that you plan for the worst and hope for the best but lets not just assume he falls to pieces either

if his suspension is lifted the skins get time for him to get back in shape . perhaps after the bye he could be ready if needed

i always thought they get a roster exemption for some time :suds:

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After he gets reinstated, if he is in football shape then I say keep him..we can't count on Merriweather to stay healthy and we just lost Phillip Thomas for the season..which by the way sucks cause that means we are stuck with Gomes and Doughty once again.

That is what Bucs fans used to say all the time.

He is the reason the Team Quit on Morris in 2011. He was giving a Starting Job after being a Druggy and out of Football shape.

Until he gives you 1 solid year of football, Do Not Trust Him, he will kill your team. Still has one of the greatest hits I have seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd personally hope to see Gomes or Pugh make progression than risk Tenard relapse

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss hits like that. Would be a penalty in today's NFL, sadly.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i hit