• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tampa could deal for OBJ

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tampa can keep that defensive unit together and healthy, it should be smooth sailing for the Bucs. SB proved they have enough offensive firepower.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tampa can keep that defensive unit together and healthy, it should be smooth sailing for the Bucs. SB proved they have enough offensive firepower.

Thanks for stopping by

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No-one was prepared to claim Fournette off waivers at $4.17M but there was definitely interest in him at a cheaper price. I think multiple teams would have signed him at $2.5M but as a FA he got to choose which team he signed for. If Brady specifically didn't want him he wouldn't have been signed since the Buccaneers were already strong at RB. Signing Fournette meant releasing 7th round prospect Raymond Calais who was claimed by the Rams.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No-one was prepared to claim Fournette off waivers at $4.17M but there was definitely interest in him at a cheaper price. I think multiple teams would have signed him at $2.5M but as a FA he got to choose which team he signed for. If Brady specifically didn't want him he wouldn't have been signed since the Buccaneers were already strong at RB. Signing Fournette meant releasing 7th round prospect Raymond Calais who was claimed by the Rams.

I wouldn't call what they had strong. Average maybe

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Edelman was terrible last year from what little I saw him. I'd be kinda shocked if Brady even wanted him but if the Patriots cut him for some reason then I could see him on TB.

My .02 on this is that with Brady you overpay for the guys who beat man coverage (Evans, Gronk) and underpay for the guys who beat zone coverage. Brady can turn a good number of WRs in the league to the next Welker, Amendola or Edelman. Or Godwin, even. I can't see Tb getting in a bidding war for that.

TB needs to keep their money on their dline, imo. I might be biased in that assessment.

Oh both lines. Their D and OLine are both very good. If Brady has time he'll find someone. And Suh doesn't have much time and they could improve their guard situation a bit more (maybe with a 2nd or 3rd rounder).

I don't get why they'd bring in OBJ at this point. If Brown returns and you still have Evans, why would you spend more money on OBJ? You've already got two very serviceable wide receivers there...

AB only played 8 games and nearly put up 500 yards and 50 receptions... that's coming into a new org, with Evans/Godwin on the roster, and after a couple years off. He's probably happy as hell now, so zero reason to think he wont soar back over 100 receptions and 1,000 yards this upcoming season.

Because he's a headcase, only played half a season, and will only be happy on dominant teams, he's not going to command much of a market value or big contract.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is ZERO chance of anyone trading for OBJ this offseason.

$15M annually for a WR that hasn't been good in like 4 years who also is coming off a blown knee? C'mon.