• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Seattle Seahawks

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, im fine with people criticizing when its due, but people who give up in the middle of a game and try to tell those of us who know theres still hope that the game is over get no patience from me. I will call them out and I have no problem with it. Now its on them to realize football games are 4 quarters long

If I've learned anything over the years that I've been on sports message boards, it's that there will always be some people who will cry "game over" or some similar defeatist statement and try to convince you that it's just their passion for the team talking. I get the frustration of this team laying an egg in the first half a few too many times this year, but as frustrated as I get, I'm always positive that a comeback is possible, especially with that much time left. This team in particular has shown the ability to fall behind big early and come storming back for the win. It might be frustrating as it happens, but they should have the benefit of the doubt at this point.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was the only game i though was over by half. Wanted to break my year old TV

I think most of us were in the same boat until they at least got that TD late in the first half to give you enough hope to hold on.

What frustrates me the most is hearing them say game after game that they know the protections aren't acceptable and game after game it doesn't seem to improve. We are all worried about Wilson's long term health with all the pounding he is taking week in and week out. Where is the extra protections? Where are the adjustments to the offense? How many times are they going to run no back sets on 3rd downs and throw on every single one of them? How many times are they going to throw on first down inside the 5y line?

You take a win any way you can get one in this league and be damned thankful for it. But who wouldn't be frustrated with seeing the same mistakes and problems every single week?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So disappointed.

Tates run back looked like there was an illegal block.

That catch that really wasn't.

Glennon's run and gets hit in the head for another non-call.

Losers just don't get any breaks.

You guy's played well though… We had some tough call's early with the PI on Earl Thomas.. OMG that was a ridiculous call… That should a been are ball on the pick..instead you guy's get 7 early…

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guy's played well though… We had some tough call's early with the PI on Earl Thomas.. OMG that was a ridiculous call… That should a been are ball on the pick..instead you guy's get 7 early…

and the refs missed some on TB

a helmet to helmet on Doug Baldwin by Mark Barron which resulted in a Baldwin drop

and then holding or PI on the CB (started with a G) against Baldwin

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like us to dominate the next two going into the bye but honestly I'll just happy if they can win we look very disjointed and need anyone that is coming back to get here already.

8 - 1 is sweet though glad to be a fan of this team.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had the game at SF penciled in as a Seahawk loss since before the season started and I see nothing that makes me change my mind. Your team has a great chance unless they stumble down the stretch. As we all know if both teams win out and SF beats us at home they win the 5th tie breaker. So I get why you all wouldn't be too worried as you still control your own destiny. Still I'd be at least a little frustrated if I was in your shoes.

Oh, no doubt, a loss for you guys would have been great and I would rather have you guys lose than win, but after hearing the talk from your team after the victory over the Rams, I almost think that a loss might have done you guys some good. I think there's some things going on with the run defense and offense that need fixing, I don't know that there's that sense of urgency when you're still winning, and Percy isn't going to fix the run defense or the pass protection. Let's put it this way -- if New Orleans, Green Bay or SF go up 21 on you guys, even if it's at home, I think you lose. If you play this way against any of those three teams you lose. It will be interesting to see whether or not that stuff gets corrected or not.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no doubt, a loss for you guys would have been great and I would rather have you guys lose than win, but after hearing the talk from your team after the victory over the Rams, I almost think that a loss might have done you guys some good. I think there's some things going on with the run defense and offense that need fixing, I don't know that there's that sense of urgency when you're still winning, and Percy isn't going to fix the run defense or the pass protection. Let's put it this way -- if New Orleans, Green Bay or SF go up 21 on you guys, even if it's at home, I think you lose. If you play this way against any of those three teams you lose. It will be interesting to see whether or not that stuff gets corrected or not.

They should probably view the past two games as a loss because it should be a clear wake up call for this team.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harvin just gives us another explosive play capability that we currently do not have. Getting both of our starting OT back and moving the really crappy replacement tackle back to where he is better than who took his spot at guard will be huge. Getting two guys back off of injury fixes three positions on the O line.

As for the run defense that of course has us concerned and it should. However we haven't been known as a stout run defense as it is. They have their games where they are lights out and those where you scratch your head. It was a concern going into the year, but they have played so many different combos on the D line due to injury and suspension. Gore and AP have to be worrisome. The question is will getting the offense back healthy give them the missing firepower they need to overcome that run defense issue? I think most of us believe it will.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In terms of sacks allowed and hits on Wilson, the pass protection was much better this week than it's been in a while. There were a couple of hits where Wilson got up wincing, so obviously there's more work to be done there, but they were a hell of a lot better today than they've been.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they do these promotions for every home game, so I know there's more than just this one, but I can't find them. Do you know where I need to go to find more of them?

I'm not sure Dude I just follow this account

https://twitter.com/winSeahawks

It's Seahawks promotions they have some other cool stuff for the win this week as well not seeing anything else for Jack in the box though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seahawks will be good as ne, before they have to play a playoff team. In the mean time enjoy eating the Seahawks dust.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Dude I just follow this account

https://twitter.com/winSeahawks

It's Seahawks promotions they have some other cool stuff for the win this week as well not seeing anything else for Jack in the box though.

Thanks. I followed the link to the free Red Robin burger and found the page with the promotions on it.