• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Seattle Seahawks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives -

Injuries. Despite the Seahawks injury woes on the Oline, Tampa may have more issues with injuries. Mike Williams has been lost for the season, as have 7 other players. Out for this game will be Doug Martin (forcing them to pass more) and Carl Nicks.

Buccaneers Offense. This unit has been pretty bad, and losing their running game won't help them. They have been throwing the ball better since Glennon took over, but they're gonna have to throw the ball into the teeth of the LOB if they really want to be successful. It could be a long day if the Bucs have to become one dimensional.

Russell Wilson. He's been amazing when taking the amount of pressure he's been under this season. His 99.0 QB rating is impressive, as you'd think that with the amount he's been under durress that it would have produced more than 4 interceptions. If he plays mistake free, then it is really hard to beat this team.

Negatives -

Tackles. It doesn't seem possible, but the Seahawks current tackle situation looks worse each week. It looks like the starting tackles may start being able to play as early as next week, but the situation needs to improve this week. Russell Wilson needs to be protected, he's been under pressure too much this season.

Coaching. The Bucs are a mess, but even so, they only lost by 2 to the Saints. The Seahawks have some issues with the play calling and adjustments, so this could be a good opportunity to do that, but this 0-7 team may not be a pushover.

Buccaneers Defense. Not the best defense in the NFL, but they are a middle of the field and could play a better game than people are expecting.

Matchups -

Golden Tate vs. Darrelle Revis. There's been great debate this week about what Tate is as a WR. The Bucs do a lot of run zone, but when they do run man, Revis is one of the best in the business. If Tate can beat Revis in man-to-man, it should go a long way to prove his skills.

Vincent Jackson vs Richard Sherman/Brandon Browner. Jackson is exactly the type of receivers that Sherman and Browner thrive against. Jackson has been 40% of the Bucs passing offense, so if he's shut down, there really isn't another weapon that is consistent enough to hurt the Seahawks (at least since Mike Williams went down).

Mike Glennon vs 5 Ends. The Seahawks pass rush has been much improved this season, and Glennon has played mistake free football since becoming the starter (3 picks in 181 attempts). He is a rookie and looks like it at times, so as the pressure mounts mistakes could happen. He's only been sacked 10 times, so getting pressure may not be as easy as it would seem.

Overview -

The Seahawks learned last week that you can't under estimate a team, and if they make the same mistakes against the Bucs that they did against the Rams, the game could be another ugly one. The last thing the Seahawks want is to give away a game at home to an 0-7 team. The Seahawks allowed the Rams to run the ball way too well last week, and never made them throw the ball. The noise at CenturyLink will be a huge advantage, but the players still have to come out and play the game and not play down to the competition.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read that Tampa has the 7th ranked run defense, and Lynch should be allowed to be more involved than he was last week, so it'll be interesting to see who wins out in that match-up. Using Lynch more should hopefully alleviate some of the offensive line issues too. I'll be interested to see how our run defense bounces back after last week too. They gave up way too many yards, but kept the Rams out of the endzone when they had to, so we'll see if they can carryover the toughness they showed on not allowing a rushing touchdown and leave the issues that caused them to give up 200 yards on the ground behind.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa is definately banged up on offense with Martin, Williams and Nicks out. Never the less even without Golson I still feel like they have a lot of quality players on defense. Guys like Revis, Barron, Foster, David, Mccoy are quality players. I don't see us scoring a ton unless their offense turns it over which could happen.

The only guy on their offense that scares me is obviously V JAX but I think Sherman and Browner can hand him. I dont see them being able to move it that well

I'm going to say we win 23-6. Go Hawks

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa has a really good d-line. They were #1 last year stopping the run and top 10 again this year too I believe. Their secondary is missing Goldson but from what I hear Revis is starting to get healthier and they're going to start utilizing "revis island" more often now

Offensively even if they were healthy they were a team I felt like we matched up well with anyways.

Seahawks 27
Bucs 10

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if we're going to see them stack the los on defense like the Rams did.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if we're going to see them stack the los on defense like the Rams did.

If I was Tampa's D coordinator....hell yes.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably will stack the box. But hopefully this time the Hawks can take advantage of it this time.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the coaching staff will utilize quick slant routes for once. I wonder if Wilson's height makes that hard? Seems like Seattle hasnt really gone to what is bread and butter for many nfl teams.

And damn, i put another 250 on Seattle with vcash...hope i dont lose any imaginary cash...:cool:

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something to keep an eye on, Jets 20, Saints 14 at half.

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully our offense actually does something today. Do not let Russell Wilson take hits the way he didadt week. Giacomini and okung are almost back...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undrafted rookie Jeff Tuel and the Bills are giving the Chiefs a really good game (13-13). Tuel did throw a pick six, but not sure if the defense was just very weird and fooled Tuel, or if the DB blew his coverage and just happened to be in a great no man's land. 11-25-176-1-2 (though he's looked better than this, and his receivers aren't really helping him much).

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs pulling their best Seahawks impression. Alex Smith 27 pass attempts, Jamaal Charles 8 carries.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints were just in a 3&38 situation. New York's pass rush is manhandling Brees today.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs pulling their best Seahawks impression. Alex Smith 27 pass attempts, Jamaal Charles 8 carries.

A game that could've-have-been for the Bills. Easily could've gone the Bills way but nope.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the coaching staff will utilize quick slant routes for once. I wonder if Wilson's height makes that hard? Seems like Seattle hasnt really gone to what is bread and butter for many nfl teams.

And damn, i put another 250 on Seattle with vcash...hope i dont lose any imaginary cash...:cool:

I was wondering the same thing. There were a couple of plays where miller looked wide open on slants but there also looked to be a throwing lane for him. He probably was too focused on the pass rush, especially after coughing it up a couple of times the week before, to get settled down to make the throw. It was basically survival mode the whole time. I saw one stat that said he was 6-7 throwing when the Rams only brought 4.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another side note, The Hawks Win over the Panthers is looking more and more impressive. They will be 5-3 after today. if the Saints lose the Panthers are 1 game out of first.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26-17 Jets up...Saints 4th and 2 with 4 mins left!