• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TABOO...

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is marty at his end?

i never thought i'd say this, but especially since he came back from his injury. i am more comfortable and i think the team plays with more confidence when moose is in net.

i'll be honest a good part of me is hoping marty retires at the end of this season and moose signs on for one more as either splitting duty with whoever else or as the starter.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that really worries me about that is I'm not sold on any of our goaltending prospects.its something that needs to be seriously addressed.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the two youngins both look better than frazee at least.

personally from what i've seen i like clermont a lot

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good I'm not big on frazee.thing that worries me most is we've been so spoiled with Marty its been a position that kind of got bypassed as low priority.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's obviously a combination of him slowing down, combined with an unusually number of quality chances being taken against him this season.

I'm just watching the highlights again, and I'm not sure what the biggest issue is. Marty looks like he already knows the season's over. Frankly, all the players do.

Also, rebounds and exiting the zone are killing us right now. We're back to Lemaire's mainstay of jamming the puck up the boards, but the defensive was so awful at collapsing back to the net for both goalies tonight. You didn't see that problem in the rangers game, where I thought they did an exceptional job limiting the rangers ability to take multiple shots from rebounds for the majority of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're not just talking about last night's game, but I dont think hes at the end. Obviously hes not great still but I do think with a good team in front of him hes still very good if not one of the best. The goals "he" gave up last night werent weak goals.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i agree with what tilo said....marty can only be good when he has a good defense in front of him.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think last year's Olympics has a lot to do with this. We know how important it is for Marty to play for his country, and to be replaced by Luongo and for Canada to win, I think it ruined his normal confidence, because he hasn't been the same since at least in my opinion.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
zach and langs werent the same either. usa winning would've been the best outcome. but then again we are talking about getting paid to play a kids game. come on man up!

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember an old adult movie called "taboo".

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be done, but it is hard to say. I think there is a confluence of events conspiring against him at this point. Injuries the last 2 years that seem to be nagging at him, his age, a bad defense, and a team that looks like it can't wait to be playing golf.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty's retirement would still affect cap. So, the way to let him go, is to trade or waive him, and cap hit would be at the half of his avg salary. But if our offense would not improve, it wouldn't matter who is the goalie.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think last year's Olympics has a lot to do with this. We know how important it is for Marty to play for his country, and to be replaced by Luongo and for Canada to win, I think it ruined his normal confidence, because he hasn't been the same since at least in my opinion.

I agree with this 100% He has not been the same since the olympics. I even had a friend at work who doesnt know a thing about hockey (other than he knows I watch the devils) say that ever since Marty got pulled in the olympics that he has been looking washed up ever since. I didnt see it as much until I see him play this year... In the last few years he has been beaten glove side (lets not forget the canes playoffs) and then he was always good for a bad angle goal every now and then... but this season he just seems slow and old... doesnt have anything to do with the defense in front of him... Eventually this time would come... and the time I think is now... I thank him for all he has done... but dont be the Farve of the NHL please.... when its time to stop... STOP.

Vort

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marty's retirement would still affect cap. So, the way to let him go, is to trade or waive him, and cap hit would be at the half of his avg salary. But if our offense would not improve, it wouldn't matter who is the goalie.

Incorrect. He wasn't 35+ when he signed the deal.

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agree with most posts in this thread. If it does happen it'll just be a sad event retiring on such an awful low after such an amazing career.