• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T-Rode's Unpopular Opinion - Session 4: Kevin Durant

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T-Rode's Unpopular Opinion - Session 4:

From the time Kevin Durant came into the NBA, he's played for one franchise. The Seattle Supersonics/Oklahoma City Thunder. During Free Agency before the 2016-17 season, Kevin Durant signed with the Golden State Warriors, the team that beat the Thunder in the Western conference finals the year prior. Kevin Durant received TONS of hate from NBA fans for that move. He was accused by Stephan A. Smith of ruining the NBA season last year and accused by many fans of stabbing Russell Westbrook in the back. With that said...

KEVIN DURANT DID WHAT HE NEEDED TO DO TO WIN AN NBA TITLE. There's nothing wrong with that. The reason you play the game of basketball is for the love of the game, the love of the money or to win championships. Kevin Durant wanted to win an NBA title, so he did what he needed to do to get that done.

He realized there was no way he was gonna beat the Warriors while on the Thunder. He saw that the Warriors were DOMINATING the league, so, if you can't beat them, join them. Kevin Durant was an 7 time all-star before joining Golden State. He was a league MVP before joining Golden State. He was a 4-time scoring champion before joining Golden State. So yes, Kevin Durant needed Golden State to win an NBA title. But that's what the game is about to him. The game is about winning an NBA title to Kevin Durant and he did what he needed to do and there is NOTHING wrong with that.

That's my unpopular opinion.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T-Rode's Unpopular Opinion - Session 4:

From the time Kevin Durant came into the NBA, he's played for one franchise. The Seattle Supersonics/Oklahoma City Thunder. During Free Agency before the 2016-17 season, Kevin Durant signed with the Golden State Warriors, the team that beat the Thunder in the Western conference finals the year prior. Kevin Durant received TONS of hate from NBA fans for that move. He was accused by Stephan A. Smith of ruining the NBA season last year and accused by many fans of stabbing Russell Westbrook in the back. With that said...

KEVIN DURANT DID WHAT HE NEEDED TO DO TO WIN AN NBA TITLE. There's nothing wrong with that. The reason you play the game of basketball is for the love of the game, the love of the money or to win championships. Kevin Durant wanted to win an NBA title, so he did what he needed to do to get that done.

He realized there was no way he was gonna beat the Warriors while on the Thunder. He saw that the Warriors were DOMINATING the league, so, if you can't beat them, join them. Kevin Durant was an 7 time all-star before joining Golden State. He was a league MVP before joining Golden State. He was a 4-time scoring champion before joining Golden State. So yes, Kevin Durant needed Golden State to win an NBA title. But that's what the game is about to him. The game is about winning an NBA title to Kevin Durant and he did what he needed to do and there is NOTHING wrong with that.

That's my unpopular opinion.
Agreed. Fuck Russell Westbrook.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he did what he needed to do to win but why is he fake now. He seems like a fake tough guy now acting like he is all big and bad, he knew coming to GS it was Steph’s team and tries to continue to prove it’s his team but it never will be. GS won a title without him, GS won 73 games without, GS didnt need him...he needed GS. But like you said he did what he had to do, I’m just not sure how much more he can deal with this team not being “his team”.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he did what he needed to do to win but why is he fake now. He seems like a fake tough guy now acting like he is all big and bad, he knew coming to GS it was Steph’s team and tries to continue to prove it’s his team but it never will be. GS won a title without him, GS won 73 games without, GS didnt need him...he needed GS. But like you said he did what he had to do, I’m just not sure how much more he can deal with this team not being “his team”.

Golden State didn't need him to win a title, but arguably, they needed him to win the last two.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State didn't need him to win a title, but arguably, they needed him to win the last two.
That is a losing argument. They didn't need him, they needed Green to not get suspended.
I'll be interested to see what happens now that he and Green are somewhat at odds. I think Green is more valuble to the team than Durant.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a losing argument. They didn't need him, they needed Green to not get suspended.
I'll be interested to see what happens now that he and Green are somewhat at odds. I think Green is more valuble to the team than Durant.

Durant can do things on defense that Green cant.
Green can't do things on offense that Durant can.

My money is on Durant being more valuable.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the sales pitch to Durant was accurate. Durant would probably win a championship staying with the Thunder. Going to the Warriors, he could win many championships.

Durant didn't leave to win a championship. He left because he probably wants to win 6 championships.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the sales pitch to Durant was accurate. Durant would probably win a championship staying with the Thunder. Going to the Warriors, he could win many championships.

Durant didn't leave to win a championship. He left because he probably wants to win 6 championships.

He was never gonna win a title in OKC. Westbrook will never win a title until he leaves OKC.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was never gonna win a title in OKC. Westbrook will never win a title until he leaves OKC.
I disagree.

One of the only reasons he didn't win a title in OKC is because Durant spent one year injured and Westbrook spent one year injured.

He left a 9/10 wife for a 10/10 wife. Its understandable but he still would've won a title at some point.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

One of the only reasons he didn't win a title in OKC is because Durant spent one year injured and Westbrook spent one year injured.

He left a 9/10 wife for a 10/10 wife. Its understandable but he still would've won a title at some point.

They had 8 years together to win one and couldn't do it. I don't think it was happening. But, that's mere speculation at this point.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had 8 years together to win one and couldn't do it. I don't think it was happening. But, that's mere speculation at this point.
It is speculation.

I'm just pointing out that 2 years were sabotaged with injuries. 1 year he made the Finals. 2 years he made the Conference Finals and lost to the champs.

That wasn't a team that was struggling in any way. Its just hard to win a championship when there is actual competition.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is speculation.

I'm just pointing out that 2 years were sabotaged with injuries. 1 year he made the Finals. 2 years he made the Conference Finals and lost to the champs.

That wasn't a team that was struggling in any way. Its just hard to win a championship when there is actual competition.

I'm just pointing out that it never happened. I'm not saying they were a bad team, I'm just saying someone was always gonna beat them as they did throughout Russ and KD's tenure together. It was either Dallas, Memphis, San Antonio or Golden State and if they were able to get past the best of the West, LeBron was gonna be waiting for them and we know how that turned out. Just wasn't able to get the job done. Now Russ is stuck and he'll end his career without a title unless he leaves.

Russell Westbrook will end his career title-less unless he leaves OKC. Bookmark it lol.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Westbrook will end his career title-less unless he leaves OKC. Bookmark it lol.
I think someone can agree with that and still think that Durant could've won 1-2 titles with OKC over the course of his career.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone can agree with that and still think that Durant could've won 1-2 titles with OKC over the course of his career.

I would agree with that statement.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant can do things on defense that Green cant.
Green can't do things on offense that Durant can.

My money is on Durant being more valuable.
I don't agree with the first part of your statement; I think it is the other way around.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with the first part of your statement; I think it is the other way around.

Draymond Green is not as flexible on offense as Kevin Durant is on defense. KD and Draymond are comparable in rebounding, blocking and assists. KD also defends the rim a LOT better than Draymond.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is speculation.

The biggest injury was in the playoffs when Beverly hurt Westbrook. That was the year, well that one and the year the cavs won when the thunder choked it away up 3-1.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green is not as flexible on offense as Kevin Durant is on defense. KD and Draymond are comparable in rebounding, blocking and assists. KD also defends the rim a LOT better than Draymond.
Totally agree that Durant has more offense than Green. But that is not something the Warriors have lacked. Green does a lot of stuff for the team that doesn't show up in the numbers. We'll just have to agree to disagree because I think that Green is more important to the team's success than Durant.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree that Durant has more offense than Green. But that is not something the Warriors have lacked. Green does a lot of stuff for the team that doesn't show up in the numbers. We'll just have to agree to disagree because I think that Green is more important to the team's success than Durant.
Ideally you don't have to choose one or the other but they will not be able to keep both even if KD wants to stay, after next year. All dynasties end.