• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suspensions

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asham desereved more.
Neal is about right.

Pens are done like dinner

Flyerfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't remember Asham ever acting this much like a clown when he was a Flyer. I guess being around Crosby makes everyone do strange things. I wonder how Bettman will spin this to make the Flyers appear as the villains.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asham desereved more.
Neal is about right.

Pens are done like dinner

Here is my thought on the matter. Asham indeed should get more, but whatever. This is where I have a problem, Shanahan fucked this up again, everyone in god's name knew Neal was going head hunting on Cooter, let's just say it was accidental or whatever. Then why the fuck did his skates leave the ice? Please explain this? How is 1 game justify the gutless hit on both Cooter and Giroux? That 1 game was from the Giroux hit. It's not the right call and this league is such a joke. It will continue to be a joke until Bettman and company are removed. That's my thought!

Flyerfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just watched the Shanny video...let me see if I understand this. Neal was fined once, warned twice and suspended three years ago for a hit from behind. Neal claims he launched his overrated, gutless, candy-ass into Coots to "brace himself" for an "unintended" collision. Then he clearly hit Giroux in the head 42 seconds later. Penalty=1 game. Chicago's Shaw was never fined, never warned, and never suspended and he gets three games for a shoulder to the head of a goalie. Shanahan and this league are about as consistent as a weathervane in Kansas during tornado season. I heard that Shanny is coming out of retirement to play one season with the Penguins...and Darius Kasparitis is coming out of retirement to fill Shanny's vacancy with the league's office of player safety.

Shame on the NHL. These types of incidents and inappropriate league reactions are what keep our great game on the fringe of the sports lexicon instead of squarely in the spotlight where its players deserve to be.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the Shanny video...let me see if I understand this. Neal was fined once, warned twice and suspended three years ago for a hit from behind. Neal claims he launched his overrated, gutless, candy-ass into Coots to "brace himself" for an "unintended" collision. Then he clearly hit Giroux in the head 42 seconds later. Penalty=1 game. Chicago's Shaw was never fined, never warned, and never suspended and he gets three games for a shoulder to the head of a goalie. Shanahan and this league are about as consistent as a weathervane in Kansas during tornado season. I heard that Shanny is coming out of retirement to play one season with the Penguins...and Darius Kasparitis is coming out of retirement to fill Shanny's vacancy with the league's office of player safety.

Shame on the NHL. These types of incidents and inappropriate league reactions are what keep our great game on the fringe of the sports lexicon instead of squarely in the spotlight where its players deserve to be.

Dead on I'm disappointed that the league looks at the fact of injury or not yet G could be concussed right now and if Couturier was a few inches shorter he's in the hospital...but its ok one game. Cavemen run the game and call the shots. Brace himself for contact so he had to jump...only in penguin land....

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Asham deserved 5 or 6 and Neal deserved 2 or 3. Oh well. The one game alone for Neal really hurts the Pens big time as he is far and away their top scoring forward right now with a pair of goals in that game and 21 shots in the series.

This should be a sweep for sure. I do not expect our Flyers to let up on them all of the sudden, especially after that fiasco. We've seen stranger things happen, but I expect to end this series now before some of our guys get seriously hurt.

Then I hope we have Meszaros, JvR, MAB and Sestito healthy for round 2. We'll be game to face just about anyone then, even the fucking Rangers.

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ashams was a few games short of what he should have gotten.

Neal should have seen a minimum of 3 games, but in reality he really should have been hit with a 7 gamer.

We all know what Neal means to those bitches, so there is absolutely no reason what-so-ever that we do not finish these cock suckers off tonight.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was the hit on Couturier any different than the Torres hit on Hossa last night?

pen fans claim headshot on hossa none on Couturier....but neals hit came later so take it for what you want. Plus you know he was head hunting not protecting himself with his shot a minute later to G....makes shanny look like a cheap hooker.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
im ok with the asham suspension, that was an emotional play from a guy expected to do things of that nature.

the neal suspension i am not ok with. that shift he PREMEDITATED to take out the skill players for the flyers and almost succeeded twice. don't know how that can be overlooked.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im ok with the asham suspension, that was an emotional play from a guy expected to do things of that nature.

the neal suspension i am not ok with. that shift he PREMEDITATED to take out the skill players for the flyers and almost succeeded twice. don't know how that can be overlooked.

I watch the Shanny "explanation". He bought that Neal did not see Couts and was trying to procect himself. I guess he did not have/see the video I watched.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm ok with them, based on what the league has put out so far in the playoffs

what the nhl has put out in the playoffs is a complete joke though, so there ya go

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Mario even made a statement on this yet? For a guy who is respected for this sport, I would think he would publicly apologize for the thuggery franchise he owns and make a phone call or publicly apologize to the Flyers organization. Probably to much work for him to do.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm ok with them, based on what the league has put out so far in the playoffs

what the nhl has put out in the playoffs is a complete joke though, so there ya go

not really though, torres was suspended indefinitely for an identical hit on hossa...and one could argue that hossa possessed the puck at least 2 seconds before the hit, not 5 seconds.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really though, torres was suspended indefinitely for an identical hit on hossa...and one could argue that hossa possessed the puck at least 2 seconds before the hit, not 5 seconds.

indefinitely til he makes a real decision.. we'll see what torres ends up w/

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
THere were reports that Mario was disappointed with how his team acted on SUnday. Nothing official as far as a statement goes. To be fair, it would be bush league for an owner to call out his own players while the series was still in progress and suspensions were being debated.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THere were reports that Mario was disappointed with how his team acted on SUnday. Nothing official as far as a statement goes. To be fair, it would be bush league for an owner to call out his own players while the series was still in progress and suspensions were being debated.

True

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have given Neal one for each hit. The Giroux hit was tough to call b/c it wouldn't have been up high if Claude didn't have his head so low. But I'd have given him one anyways and after watching a couple replays, the only thing that Neal could have argued with the Couturier hit was that he was anticipating Couturiur getting the puck.

Adams I would have given 1 game for the crosscheck to the chest and 4 for the punch afterwords.

Pens will be a little thin tonight...