• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SUPERBOWL SUNDAY

Whose your pick today?

• Patriots

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Eagles

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Refs

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only fitting that the SB fell on Jerome Brown's birthday.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams combined for 1,152 yards in SB LII.
(the most in NFL history for any game, reg. or post season)

Nick Foles is the 1st player in SB history to Pass for a TD, and have a TD reception.

Tom Brady is the 1st losing QB in SB history to pass for 500+ yds, 3 TD's, and 0 INT's.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1,151 in total offense last night... WTF ... 874 passing yards between the 2 teams... Think about that for a second, that's almost 1,000 yards in passing between the 2 teams.... I can't even wrap my mind around that...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, I found the game poor. Sure there were a ton of points and the QB's were bombing the shit outta each other, but most of that was due to biblically-poor pass defense - especially from the Eagles D. I can't recall so many blown assignments and bad tackling. Brady was pretty much off in the first half and the guy ends up with 500 yards?

At least it was close and came down to the last play....due to the fact that Nick Foles turned into Dan Marino or something.

And speaking of Brady.....fuck you. You helped cost Jimmy Garoppolo another ring.
I don't think the game was poor. I'd have it right now as the 5th or 6th best Super Bowl in my lifetime.

That said, I do think its important to point out how bad the tackling was for most of the game. It was like watching a Chiefs game except with better trench play and fewer penalties. I think the play of both olines and dlines is what elevates the game for me but if you came for 'run the football and defense wins championships' then the Super Bowl looked like a completely different sport.

It was Andy Reid/Chip Kelly heaven out there. Defense optional and the refs basically just took a step back and tried to disappear.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams combined for 1,152 yards in SB LII.
(the most in NFL history for any game, reg. or post season)

Nick Foles is the 1st player in SB history to Pass for a TD, and have a TD reception.

Tom Brady is the 1st losing QB in SB history to pass for 500+ yds, 3 TD's, and 0 INT's.
He's the first QB in league history to do that. Super Bowl, postseason, regular season, any game.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady may have lost the Super Bowl, but I think he deserves Patriot of the week

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the game was poor. I'd have it right now as the 5th or 6th best Super Bowl in my lifetime.

That said, I do think its important to point out how bad the tackling was for most of the game.

The tackling was terrible...but compared to the pass defense, it was stout. The Pats played the better pass defense as Foles made a few very, very good throws....but that Eagle secondary? It's up there with one of the worst showings I've ever seen. Brady's first half wasn't impressive at all....and the dude had 275+ yards.

If defenses are simply beaten good, I'll tip my hat to the offense - a recent example of that was the Jags/Steelers playoff game. Yeah...Big Ben and co. put up some massive passing numbers, but there was tight coverage on most of those throws/catches.

Yesterday, those defenses were fully beaten badly....at times it seemed like those were scrimmages with the blown coverages. It was only good because they were both atrocious...so the game could come down to the end.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm surprised no one has mentioned how slow brady looked. the whole reason he dropped the pass was because he was moving like a 70 year old man. same thing the few times he tried to move around the pocket. his arm might hold up for another couple of years.. but those legs are a death blow.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick was not very good last night. His "genius" was definitely in question at least for one game.

Brady almost overcame all the questionable coaching by himself, helping strengthen his side of the debate.

Pederson was a lot better than Belichick. And that was enough (barely) to overcome a great Brady effort.
Belichick wasn't the reason NE lost. NE didn't execute and Philly did. Missed FG and XP, Cooks trying to leap that defender instead of getting to the sticks. He's supposed to be the fastest WR on NE no reason he coldn't have gotten to the marker. Cooks getting knocked out. Brady dropping the pass... These aren't excuses this explains BB was as good as ever just ended up a little short.

Now if we want to blame him sitting Butler, maybe? Personally I don't feel Butler would've made a difference. He had been terrible all year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tackling was terrible...but compared to the pass defense, it was stout. The Pats played the better pass defense as Foles made a few very, very good throws....but that Eagle secondary? It's up there with one of the worst showings I've ever seen. Brady's first half wasn't impressive at all....and the dude had 275+ yards.

If defenses are simply beaten good, I'll tip my hat to the offense - a recent example of that was the Jags/Steelers playoff game. Yeah...Big Ben and co. put up some massive passing numbers, but there was tight coverage on most of those throws/catches.

Yesterday, those defenses were fully beaten badly....at times it seemed like those were scrimmages with the blown coverages. It was only good because they were both atrocious...so the game could come down to the end.
The Pats offense left a lot of points on the board, imo. Somehow even with all of those yards.

Man coverage on Gronk with a midget is something that should get you beat 95% of the time. That double move where the Eagles DB got beat early should have been a TD 90% of the time. Brady was totally uncovered on the trick play. I get that its Brady but no one was even on the screen.

Pats run defense has extremely suspect, though. Same suspect D from week 1 in that regard.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm surprised no one has mentioned how slow brady looked. the whole reason he dropped the pass was because he was moving like a 70 year old man. same thing the few times he tried to move around the pocket. his arm might hold up for another couple of years.. but those legs are a death blow.
Yeah it's too bad he's not the speedster he used to be

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought his footwork in the pocket was excellent for the most part. Obviously the Eagles finally got to him for what was the biggest defensive play of the game but they're the Eagles. You expect them to get to the QB at some point.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's too bad he's not the speedster he used to be

:clap: for the sarcasm.

but we all know when your speed drops from like a 4 to a 2 on a scale of 1-10, it's going to be a problem. while his footwork was great, he can't live in the pocket forever.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Philly D was pretty much torched all night too. Very strange game.
That's Brady though. The Pats got torched by a backup QB. Their numerous missed tackles and blown coverages were unlike them. The most glaring thing though was a complete lack of a pass rush. And Bellicjick fucked the team over with his silly vendetta against Malcolm Butler.

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Eagles fans. Particularly to @ErkTheJerk, @Iggloo, and @mannyz.

Yo, Breed! How have you been? I haven't been around much the past year or two. Our daughter and 5-year-old grandson were living with us for 3 years. They just moved out in December. She worked second shift so we were essentially raising the grandson. Back to an empty nest again.

Wasn't sure if I was going to see an Eagles Super Bowl championship in my lifetime. What a crazy one it was!

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats offense left a lot of points on the board, imo. Somehow even with all of those yards.

Man coverage on Gronk with a midget is something that should get you beat 95% of the time. That double move where the Eagles DB got beat early should have been a TD 90% of the time. Brady was totally uncovered on the trick play. I get that its Brady but no one was even on the screen.

Pats run defense has extremely suspect, though. Same suspect D from week 1 in that regard.

Pats D was something like top 5 in points allowed and near the bottom in yards. The ultimate bend but don't break kinda thing....but the Eagles broke them in half.

The Eagles didn't play defense until the sack/fumble.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats D was something like top 5 in points allowed and near the bottom in yards. The ultimate bend but don't break kinda thing....but the Eagles broke them in half.

The Eagles didn't play defense until the sack/fumble.

They were 5th in points allowed. 29th in run defense and 30th in pass defense.