• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh in town

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening about this on the radio. Highly doubt he comes cheap and what is cheap? He made 19 mil last year and was due to make 26 mil this year, so is like 20 mil cheap? 15? 10?
Seems to me the Seahawks are going young once again and in the past have never paid anything but peanuts for the position he plays.
He's a big name, but don't see the fit for the Seahawks.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening about this on the radio. Highly doubt he comes cheap and what is cheap? He made 19 mil last year and was due to make 26 mil this year, so is like 20 mil cheap? 15? 10?
Seems to me the Seahawks are going young once again and in the past have never paid anything but peanuts for the position he plays.

I think he's from Portland, so playing for the Seahawks might be something he wants to do, if we're lucky maybe he'll sign for a decent price, he is 31 now, has already made a massive amount of dinero ... But we'll see, it's all speculation at this point, BUT DAM, that dude is a monster upfront...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought the plan was to cut bait with older players and get young.

signing suh makes no sense, keeping s. richardson makes a lot more sense. he is not as good but a lot younger.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought the plan was to cut bait with older players and get young.

signing suh makes no sense, keeping s. richardson makes a lot more sense. he is not as good but a lot younger.

Suh hasn't been as good lately so Richardson might be about as good with growth potential.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh hasn't been as good lately so Richardson might be about as good with growth potential.

Suh was plenty good lately, that's not the problem. Seahawks need to restock a lot of positions, they need to get younger, and they need to save their pennies so once they've restock they can fill in the one or two spots they could use help with.
Signing old but still good players ( also pricey) isn't in the cards this year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think given his age, he'd be cheaper on a one or two year contract on an APY basis than Sheldon Richardson. He's 31 and coming off a good year, but he's an older player from the PNW. Give him a contract that doesn't contain much guaranteed money. Little risk there. If he performs, he's worth the money. If he doesn't, you cut him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think given his age, he'd be cheaper on a one or two year contract on an APY basis than Sheldon Richardson. He's 31 and coming off a good year, but he's an older player from the PNW. Give him a contract that doesn't contain much guaranteed money. Little risk there. If he performs, he's worth the money. If he doesn't, you cut him.
I would prefer they use the money on Norwell. Only 26 , all pro guard. That would make more sense.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Giants are hot after Norwell.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd have to be willing to take a "hometown" discount I would think. A big one too. I know the Hawks are a bit thinner on the defensive line without Bennett now, but I can't see them tying up so much of what cap space they do have on a guy who isn't much younger than the guy we just traded and who is just as capable of being a distraction as Bennett was. It wasn't like Bennett's cap hit was huge, so he wasn't traded to free up a big chunk of money. That leaves other reasons for the trade which also makes signing Suh unlikely.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh was plenty good lately, that's not the problem. Seahawks need to restock a lot of positions, they need to get younger, and they need to save their pennies so once they've restock they can fill in the one or two spots they could use help with.
Signing old but still good players ( also pricey) isn't in the cards this year.

Well compared to his contract he under performed. No pro bowls lower sack numbers since going to Miami

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is, does S. Richardson even want to play here regardless of the money we offer him... He likes the big cities and night life...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably just in a weird mood today. Not pointed at you specifically, just the way fans think that their team can trade for a great player for pocket change and some sweat-socks.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made him the highest paid G in history.

Fans are funny.
Early money in free agency doesn't have a great track record for being smart money in free agency.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably just in a weird mood today. Not pointed at you specifically, just the way fans think that their team can trade for a great player for pocket change and some sweat-socks.
Hey I knew it was just a ideal dream, but if the Seahawks are going to big , someone that would be part of the next good drive for the gold is what I would want.