• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stud and Duds

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some surprises this season so far.

Frist off it was nice to see Brooks cme alive with Al. Smith out. He had 2 1/2 sacks and put a lot of pressure on Bradford. We need of that while Al Smith is gone.

Whitner PFF Coverage Grade is a Plus 4.2. That is 3rd best in the league. I guess you can say he is having a great season. I think overall our safetys have played well. Not many deep passes have been caught.

Boldin being a #1. with out him we would be 1-3 or 0-4. Thank God for this pick up and great move by Baalke.

Glenn Dorsey has been great for this team. Dorsey has the 2nd best run defense score in Pro Football Focus NT/ DT in the league. Better news he has 2 sacks this season. He had 4 sacks in 4 seasons with KC. maybe he will become that 1st rd pick.

Bowman Took his game to the next level last game. He already has 4 pass break ups. 2 shy from all of last year. He also has the 2nd best PFF rating with in ILBs.

V. McDonald- For a rookie TE he has been playing alright.

Biggest surprise Eric Reid. The guy has been also. He has already been better then Golson. 49ers got laughes at when we moved up to land him. Some had him #3 or #4 safety in the draft. Well right now he is the #1 safety in that class. Future looks bright for him. Also of draft experts now say if they had to redo the draft he would of been a top 10 pick.

Ok time for the Dud part

1- Kyle Williams. He hasn't done much and his playing time is about to be taken away fro Baldwin. When Mario and Crabtree come back he will have 0 playing time.

2- Kap- Im a big fan but overall he hasn't lived up to last year. In my opinion I think it has to do more with play calling. They went away from the run. I think he bounces back.

3. LMJ- Just not doing much. Expected better from him

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here are some surprises this season so far.

Frist off it was nice to see Brooks cme alive with Al. Smith out. He had 2 1/2 sacks and put a lot of pressure on Bradford. We need of that while Al Smith is gone.

Whitner PFF Coverage Grade is a Plus 4.2. That is 3rd best in the league. I guess you can say he is having a great season. I think overall our safetys have played well. Not many deep passes have been caught.

Boldin being a #1. with out him we would be 1-3 or 0-4. Thank God for this pick up and great move by Baalke.

Glenn Dorsey has been great for this team. Dorsey has the 2nd best run defense score in Pro Football Focus NT/ DT in the league. Better news he has 2 sacks this season. He had 4 sacks in 4 seasons with KC. maybe he will become that 1st rd pick.

Bowman Took his game to the next level last game. He already has 4 pass break ups. 2 shy from all of last year. He also has the 2nd best PFF rating with in ILBs.

V. McDonald- For a rookie TE he has been playing alright.

Biggest surprise Eric Reid. The guy has been also. He has already been better then Golson. 49ers got laughes at when we moved up to land him. Some had him #3 or #4 safety in the draft. Well right now he is the #1 safety in that class. Future looks bright for him. Also of draft experts now say if they had to redo the draft he would of been a top 10 pick.

Ok time for the Dud part

1- Kyle Williams. He hasn't done much and his playing time is about to be taken away fro Baldwin. When Mario and Crabtree come back he will have 0 playing time.

2- Kap- Im a big fan but overall he hasn't lived up to last year. In my opinion I think it has to do more with play calling. They went away from the run. I think he bounces back.

3. LMJ- Just not doing much. Expected better from him

for the 'surprises', agree in general except maybe McDonald? do see him putting his all into blocking.

for the 'duds', yeah citing of Kap is a little due to the high expectations to start with. we can only hope with more experience, he gets comfortable throwing receivers open?

NewcastleKEG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with all your points.

Will add our special teams have been average-poor as well

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duds
Goodwin. Can't run block for shit this year

Marlon Moore. Practices well played well in preseason. Now sux

GM letting Marcus Cooper go. He is playing lights out single coverage even when teams try to pick on the rookie

Aldon Smith missing games because of drunk driving

Offense play calling. Trying to be too tricky

Defensive tackling. Missing way too many tackles

Penalties. Most penalized team. Delays of game wasted time outs and stupid personal fouls giving up first down

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant put Moore in there, we didnt expect much from him. Also I didnt put Goodwin in because I expected his play to decline. Dont know much about Cooper. I think tackling is alot better from the 1st 3 games. The last 2 havent been bad.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duds

GM letting Marcus Cooper go. He is playing lights out single coverage even when teams try to pick on the rookie

Penalties. Most penalized team. Delays of game wasted time outs and stupid personal fouls giving up first down

You hit the nail right on the head with all of these. You forgot Kaepernick though, that guy has been horrible this year.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duds

Man I forgot we cut him :doh:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit the nail right on the head with all of these. You forgot Kaepernick though, that guy has been horrible this year.

I was just adding on to the first list.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team is this Cooper guy playing on and he is starting for that team.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't week 1 count as this year?

I also think he played ok last week