• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strength of Victory of Playoff Teams

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't laughing at those wins. I was impressed by the Bolts in Denver. They did what every team hopes to do in get pressure up the middle on Peyton and keep him off the field with great ball control. Honestly of all the teams in the AFC that worry the most I would say it is San Diego. Just was pointing towards I don't know if that SOV is as objective as you would like it to be considering some of the losses that you suffered against inferior teams as has been pointed out plus playing the second and third string Chiefs team and needing some help to win that. IF there has been one consistency in the NFL this year it has been inconsistency in my opinion. I don't know if I have ever seen playoff teams lay so many eggs against bad teams this year such as the Bolts and Indy. At the same time then you have the Chiefs who beat almost everybody that a playoff team should but not really win any that show they can hang with the big boys yet here we are having no clue especially in the AFC what the heck is going to happen. Like I said I am more afraid of the 6 seed than I am of the 2 seed at this point in the season for the Broncos.

Agree, if there was ever a season to prove the "any given Sunday" theory this was the one. The Chargers and the Colts are good examples. Here's hoping we can pull the upset and I can have some intelligent debate with some real NFL fans out in Denver. I don't know what they put in the water in Cincy but some of their fans need to relax. It's almost as if they're insulted by somebody suggesting their team with 5 playoff wins in their history and none in 23 years can be beat.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, if there was ever a season to prove the "any given Sunday" theory this was the one. The Chargers and the Colts are good examples. Here's hoping we can pull the upset and I can have some intelligent debate with some real NFL fans out in Denver. I don't know what they put in the water in Cincy but some of their fans need to relax. It's almost as if they're insulted by somebody suggesting their team with 5 playoff wins in their history and none in 23 years can be beat.

Haha believe me after last year I definitely feel humble when it comes to getting a playoff win. Honestly last year I didn't think there was even a 5% chance the Broncos would lose to Baltimore since they came into the playoffs looking so bad and we had just smoked them earlier in the year plus being on an 11 game win streak. Playoff wins are hard to come by no matter how good a team has looked. Wouldn't mind one bit a clean sweep by the AFC West this weekend and show once again why the AFC West is the best division at least in the AFC possibly the NFL.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-1 down the stretch against with the opponents combined records being 57-39. What are these "grandiose claims" I'm making? The only point I'm making is the Chargers are capable of beating anyone, anywhere. They're also capable of losing. Try to stay with me. And don't worry, I won't resort to name calling on a message board. Any pussy can do that.

Hmmm....maybe you can try and stay with me.

Down the stretch (after the L to the Bengals) in which the chargers had to win out to make the playoffs (or have a shot) the chargers went 4-0. Impressive win @Denver. Already mentioned that.

They then beat the Giants (7-9), Oakland (4-11), and The KC backups...so, the record you list above is a bit skewed. You can't use KC's record in week 17 because that's not the team SD faced. They faced, what would be a 3-13 team, at best if that were to be the starting lineup week in/out. Nice try, nice twisting, but I'm not buying. Even if you gave an 8-8 record to the KC backups, that would only give you a opponent record of 32-31 in the last 4 games. And really, the KC backups wouldn't come close to having an 8-8. Again, nice try to twist some facts around to make it look more impressive than it really was. Fact of the matter, outside of the Denver game, the other 3 games were gimmies. Oakland, NY, and KC backups? Suck, suck, and ultra suck (even though SD should have lost, and was outplayed).

If you knew how to read, you would know I wasn't refering to you making those claims, but you bitching about a Bengal fan storming all kinds of suff on the boards, and you bitched about it, but when someone mentions some very discernable topics, you seem to take offense and bitch about that.

If you bitch, and bitch, then you're a bitch. I'm not name calling, I'm just stating it how it is.

Oh, and nice little dig there saying you don't call names, but any pussy can do that. Very clever, in an 7th or 8th grade kind of passive-agressive style. Either man up, drop your sack and call me out, or don't. Don't try the bitch way out of it, but then again...a bitch is a bitch, is a bitch. Guess it fits, eh?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the SD SOV would be if you take out KC whose record is definitely inflated by their SOS

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, attempt to diminish it all you want, but road wins at Philly, KC, and Denver are nothing to laugh at. They were heavy underdogs in all those games, and not only covered, they won.

Indy was also favored in the Monday night game that the Bolts won by 10.

Point is, they can play with anyone. They are also very capable of laying an egg. So we'll see who shows up on Sunday.

They're the most inscrutable team. Home or away, no matter who they're facing.. I just can't predict what they'll do.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers have not been blown out all year long. Every single loss was close and The Chargers had a chance to win it.

Not sure what evidence is out there to support a Bengal blowout? I think Rivers and company get this one done.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm....maybe you can try and stay with me.

Down the stretch (after the L to the Bengals) in which the chargers had to win out to make the playoffs (or have a shot) the chargers went 4-0. Impressive win @Denver. Already mentioned that.

They then beat the Giants (7-9), Oakland (4-11), and The KC backups...so, the record you list above is a bit skewed. You can't use KC's record in week 17 because that's not the team SD faced. They faced, what would be a 3-13 team, at best if that were to be the starting lineup week in/out. Nice try, nice twisting, but I'm not buying. Even if you gave an 8-8 record to the KC backups, that would only give you a opponent record of 32-31 in the last 4 games. And really, the KC backups wouldn't come close to having an 8-8. Again, nice try to twist some facts around to make it look more impressive than it really was. Fact of the matter, outside of the Denver game, the other 3 games were gimmies. Oakland, NY, and KC backups? Suck, suck, and ultra suck (even though SD should have lost, and was outplayed).

If you knew how to read, you would know I wasn't refering to you making those claims, but you bitching about a Bengal fan storming all kinds of suff on the boards, and you bitched about it, but when someone mentions some very discernable topics, you seem to take offense and bitch about that.

If you bitch, and bitch, then you're a bitch. I'm not name calling, I'm just stating it how it is.

Oh, and nice little dig there saying you don't call names, but any pussy can do that. Very clever, in an 7th or 8th grade kind of passive-agressive style. Either man up, drop your sack and call me out, or don't. Don't try the bitch way out of it, but then again...a bitch is a bitch, is a bitch. Guess it fits, eh?

17 point blowout. Tell me more about your 8-0 home record, bitch.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: