• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strangecreek Music Festival - Greenfield, MA May 23-26 2014

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone in the NE ever attend this fest? The folks who run it from Wormtown Trading Co. do a fine job. I't just the right size and it's on a beautiful grounds. They even allow folks to swim/wade in the river that runs along it which is awesome. Most fests would close it off.

StrangeCreek Campout

Funny, they have four pics that scroll across the main page of their campout website and I found myself in the second pic of the daytime crowd. I'm top center in a navy Ryan Adams & the Cardinals shirt with sunglasses. My current claim to fame!

Anyone going? I'm mostly in because Yarn is playing on opening night but Max Creek is a terrific act too.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Is that what they used to call Camp Creek? It has grown a lot!

I was psuedo-friends with Max Creek years ago. (I used to play with a CT Jam band - Flipper Dave.) Scott, Rob & Scotty used to sit in with us, and we'd sit in with them.... Good times....

Nice to see they're getting some real bands...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit, I used to did Flipper Dave. Great band you guys had/have. I've also been seeing the Creek since '81. Awesome musicians......nobody in the band can sing for shit tho!

It's actually not Camp Creek. It originated as an amalgamation of Max Creek and Strangefolk. Stangefolk, however, suck. Doesn't look like they're listed this year which is a plus.

steve, def check out Yarn. Alt-Country Americana with some great jam pieces.

Yarn