• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Still Think It's a Coaching Problem?

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Herman isn't the guy. I don't know who else the AD may be eyeing...but I don't see how TH is retained.

The OL and RB situation there seems dire...and IMO those are two areas where you guys shouldn't ever have a problem. 9 sacks in one game should have resulted in the OC or OL position coach to be sent packing immediately.

Allowing 446 yds a game isn't going to win you a lot of games either. We have been putting the "Boatrace Principle" through rigorous testing for you...it doesn't work.

Do you think that two separate coaching groups could fail on getting the "right" personnel? I would think that Strong and Herman both should be decent talent evaluators.

It took us 3 coaches to get Stoops.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has gone through numerous coaches in the past 7 or 8 years. There's just no way Texas is just unlucky when it comes to hiring head coaches, and teams like OU are lucky. No way. Texas has had good coaches, just no talent on the field. Sure, there's a few bright spots, but overall, average at best. I stopped listening to the media when it comes to recruiting classes. They make teams like Texas and ATM look like heroes. Texas has got to get some top notch talent on the field, not on paper. Hard to do when you lose 4 to 5 games a year.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has gone through numerous coaches in the past 7 or 8 years. There's just no way Texas is just unlucky when it comes to hiring head coaches, and teams like OU are lucky. No way. Texas has had good coaches, just no talent on the field. Sure, there's a few bright spots, but overall, average at best. I stopped listening to the media when it comes to recruiting classes. They make teams like Texas and ATM look like heroes. Texas has got to get some top notch talent on the field, not on paper. Hard to do when you lose 4 to 5 games a year.
Agreed. Strong had a good first year due to a strong senior class in 2014, but after that the roster was in a terrible, terrible place. Strong recruited a very good 2015 and 2016 class but how good can they be when you absolutely depend on true freshmen and sophomores? It's ok when its maybe just a spot here and there but those teams depended on those young players to start from day 1. I still believe that it stunted a lot of those kids growth with confidence.

Coming into the 2020 season, the roster finally looks healthy on paper. There isn't one true freshman that needs to play immediately. Bijan Robinson can ease into playing with three healthy RBs already on the roster. The OL is experienced.. just no more excuses. Time is now to consistently get 10 wins or more. #HookEm