• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stevens has lost the team

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach” they are not listening to me”
Coach “ I have no idea how to get through to them”
Coach “ maybe one/some of them will get traded”
Fans “ fire coach”

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt DD basically saying the players aren't doing what they are supposed to? I know the coach is supposed to do some stuff, but these are veteran professionals not peewee football players. I mean do we need a certain coach for Pearson, another for Thompson. A coach that can help Wagner finish, a different one that can make Phanuef not suck someone that can show Kempe how not to take a penalty....I know your thinking 1 coach will do this but the reality is that these guys haven't bought into scoring at all. Skill and split second thinking was pounded out of them in the Kings system from day 1 and its shown in their PP for as long as any of us can remember. When I mentioned the Kings got rid of their "grit" or guys that will step up I don't mean slow heavy hit everyone people. The closest thing the Kings have to a a physical aggressive get pissed off and try to hit someone player is Phanuef. There isn't anybody on this team that can rally the club, I know Kopistar is the C...but we know he isnt that guy either, That's Stevens fault? I don't like Stevens and as most of us thought he wasn't a good choice but this play isn't his fault....that said I fully support getting rid of him and moving on sooner rather than later. On a side note is it me or does it seem like someone grinded off the "heel" of every Kings hockey stick with all the whiffs and shanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say that all the time. Kings are the only team that seems to consistently miss on basic hockey plays. Overskating pucks, whiffing, passing to guys at knee high level where they can't do anything with it. Every time Lewis whiffs I say out loud that he should try playing with the other-handed stick. Just try it out.

I think accountability falls on a lot people along with Stevens, BUT you look at a team like the Islanders, who don't have a ton of talented guys, and they get Barry Trotz, and instantly look like a better team, so you can't underestimate coaching.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they get Barry Trotz, and instantly look like a better team, so you can't underestimate coaching.

well, 3-4 isn't really a "better" team. That % is down from last season....they do have some good talent on the team even with the loss of JT...maybe if they were 6-1 or 5-2 I would jump on the wow what a coaching job bandwagon