• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stephen Curry goes glass, absolutely destroys hotel-room table with golf swing

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this knucklehead hits a golf ball in his hotel room, breaks some glass, then shrugs and says....

Let's break every piece of glass in here....

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually kind of metal if he trashed his hotel room.

Guidry79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My respect for Curry just dropped precipitously.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this knucklehead hits a golf ball in his hotel room, breaks some glass, then shrugs and says....

So let me get this straight.

While many of his comtemporaries are out at strip clubs partying and cheating on their wives, Curry is playing golf in his hotel room? And you think this makes him a bad person?

He will surely pay for the damage he did, but trust me when I say there are a lot more destructive ways he could be spending his time and his millions. This story probably makes Ayesha feel pretty good.

Guidry79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While many of his comtemporaries are out at strip clubs partying and cheating on their wives, Curry is playing golf in his hotel room? And you think this makes him a bad person?

He will surely pay for the damage he did, but trust me when I say there are a lot more destructive ways he could be spending his time and his millions. This story probably makes Ayesha feel pretty good.
You have unwittingly set an incredibly low bar for "admirable behavior by way-too-wealthy 20-somethings. Please read your own statement again and tell me you really think this is good behavior.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have unwittingly set an incredibly low bar for "admirable behavior by way-too-wealthy 20-somethings. Please read your own statement again and tell me you really think this is good behavior.

Admirable?

No.

He was goofing around. Frankly, I don't believe anybody who says they have never had a moment like this in their youth. Hell, I broke an exit sign in my Freshmen dorm playing hallway golf with my RA and a couple friends. Stuff happens.

My point is that Curry's transgression is completely harmless and stuff like this would have NEVER been reported in the pre-social media era.

This is a non-story.

Guidry79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admirable?

No.

He was goofing around. Frankly, I don't believe anybody who says they have never had a moment like this in their youth. Hell, I broke an exit sign in my Freshmen dorm playing hallway golf with my RA and a couple friends. Stuff happens.

My point is that Curry's transgression is completely harmless and stuff like this would have NEVER been reported in the pre-social media era.

This is a non-story.
Curry is a 28-year old man. He's not a 18-year old freshmen in college. There is not an excuse for this. Saying there are worse sins hardly excuses it. Is knocking off a 7-Eleven okay because it's not murder? As for "completely harmless", did you think about the hotel staff that had to clean up the mess? How about the poor people in the next room who had to listen to that racket? Curry clearly didn't in either case. Whether it would have been reported is irrelevant. The mark of a human is what they do when absolutely no one is watching.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anything that mofo does wouldn't surprise me.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just a stupid person.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is a 28-year old man. He's not a 18-year old freshmen in college. There is not an excuse for this. Saying there are worse sins hardly excuses it. Is knocking off a 7-Eleven okay because it's not murder? As for "completely harmless", did you think about the hotel staff that had to clean up the mess? How about the poor people in the next room who had to listen to that racket? Curry clearly didn't in either case. Whether it would have been reported is irrelevant. The mark of a human is what they do when absolutely no one is watching.

And if every detail of your life were made public, I bet you would have some not so great moments too.

If accidentally breaking a hotel room table and throwing a mouthpiece are his two biggest transgressions, then he is a good person. People acting otherwise are being ignorant.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ did some truly reprehensible things in his career that were never reported. Wilt slept with 100,000 women. Yet, people want to act like Steph Curry is some kind of villain?

You don't like him and that is fine, but questioning his character is foolish. Based on everything I have heard he seems like a hell of a good man.

Guidry79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if every detail of your life were made public, I bet you would have some not so great moments too.

If accidentally breaking a hotel room table and throwing a mouthpiece are his two biggest transgressions, then he is a good person. People acting otherwise are being ignorant.
I find it remarkable that you are actually defending this behavior. It was entirely thoughtless, to other guests and to the cleaning staff, and it reveals a mentality that "I can buy my way out of anything because I am Steph Curry." I'm truly puzzled why anyone would actually DEFEND him. You can say he made a mistake, but to actually condone this is unfathomable. Yes or no: was this a stupid thing to do?

Guidry79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you say "accidentally?" Are you kidding me???? This was completely premeditated and intentional. Did you see the room?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Accidentally?

xMKDPAy.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it remarkable that you are actually defending this behavior. It was entirely thoughtless, to other guests and to the cleaning staff, and it reveals a mentality that "I can buy my way out of anything because I am Steph Curry." I'm truly puzzled why anyone would actually DEFEND him. You can say he made a mistake, but to actually condone this is unfathomable. Yes or no: was this a stupid thing to do?

I am not condoning anything.

You are acting like he is a terrible human being. I am saying he is a good person who made a mistake.

And no, I didn't see the room. There isn't a link in the thread.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are acting like he is a terrible human being. I am saying he is a good person who made a mistake.

Okay how many mistakes is this good person allowed to make before people stop giving him a free pass? And the fact you said in comment # 10 what he just did was an accident is hilarious.

Guidry79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The picture of the room makes it look like it was hit by a hurricane. Glass everywhere. I have no idea what type of person Steph Curry is, but this reflects extremely poorly on him, his judgment and his ethics. I suggest you do a little more research before you defend him. No thinking human being would dare do this. It smacks of personal entitlement. You make it sound like he pulled out a club and was practicing his swing and hit a lamp by mistake. No. This was premeditated destruction of someone else's property with the full knowledge that one could buy off the damage. He clearly gave zero thought to who had to clean up the mess or who was next door. Yes, I judge him on this. It is beyond the norm of "mistake" or "juvenile hi-jinks." He is a grown man who should know much, much better, and it makes me think he is basically an entitled a-----e.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The picture of the room makes it look like it was hit by a hurricane. Glass everywhere. I have no idea what type of person Steph Curry is, but this reflects extremely poorly on him, his judgment and his ethics. I suggest you do a little more research before you defend him. No thinking human being would dare do this. It smacks of personal entitlement. You make it sound like he pulled out a club and was practicing his swing and hit a lamp by mistake. No. This was premeditated destruction of someone else's property with the full knowledge that one could buy off the damage. He clearly gave zero thought to who had to clean up the mess or who was next door. Yes, I judge him on this. It is beyond the norm of "mistake" or "juvenile hi-jinks." He is a grown man who should know much, much better, and it makes me think he is basically an entitled a-----e.

Maybe, still have not seen a picture.

since you all clearly have, how about posting a link?

Dealing with widespread power outages and have no internet connection aside from my phone.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay how many mistakes is this good person allowed to make before people stop giving him a free pass? And the fact you said in comment # 10 what he just did was an accident is hilarious.

I don't know?

What do you consider a mistake? Throwing a mouthpiece is gross and childish, but cmon now. That is the worst you got until perhaps now.

Guidry79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3