• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stefanski to return as OC

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's being reported

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Oline coaches might be nice.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was honestly probably their best option for the OC position. I am assuming it's a minimum of playoffs-or-bust for both Zimmer's and Spielman's jobs next season (with both having just 1 year left on their deals), and the more in-demand guys that might have been options would probably prefer to avoid a potential 1-year stint in the event that they flop. Plus, Stefanski gives them a decent degree of continuity that they haven't had much of on the offense during Zimmer's reign.

New Oline coaches might be nice.

I doubt it would happen, but they should seriously talk Mike Tice into coming out of retirement to run the O-line. For all of his faults as a HC the last time he was here, there are few people who are better O-line coaches. If anyone can coach up our lousy line, it's Tice. I could see them going from terrible to slightly above average by next season if they brought him in along with bolstering the line with about 4 total new players via the draft and FA. I'd emphasize that at least 2 of those new faces should come from rounds 1-3 of the draft.

I'd imagine that'll happen

Let's hope so. The window with a bank-busting contract on a QB like Cousins who gets very average to terrible against top-tier opponents isn't going to be very big. If Spielman hasn't learned his lesson about how important investing in the O-line is yet, then he's simply an idiot and never will. I'm already skeptical going into next season, but I'll have zero hopes whatsoever of making the playoffs if they don't make the O-line their clear #1 priority this off-season.