• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SteelersPride’s Year long FF help thread

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, my RBs are sort of a mess this week...

STANDARD PTS

QB: Wilson @ARI
RB1: Conner vCIN
RB2: Montgomery vMIN
WR1 (locked): Adams vPHI
WR2: Allen @MIA
TE: Howard @LAR
FLEX: Hardman @DET
DST: Jags @DEN
K: Maher @NO

BENCH
RBs: R Freeman vJAX, Peterson @NYG, Hyde vCAR, D Williams OUT
WRs: Boyd @PIT, Davis @ATL
QB: Ryan vTEN

RBs... I haven't gotten much out of Conner this year, but this week presents a very favorable matchup. Montgomery has a tough matchup, and he hasn't quite seen the volume that I was hoping for. Nor is his usage as consistent as I'd like to see. I'm waning on him quickly. Today might be a good day to bench him. But I simply don't have a great option behind him. Freeman is in a timeshare, and Peterson is averaging <3ypc. Hyde has been averaging 8.5pts per game off of roughly 15 carries. He needs a bounce back game this week against CAR.

WRs... Locked in with Allen as my WR2 obviously.

FLEX... Hardman has been booming, but it carries significant risk. Just 2 receptions last week created 16pts. And just 4 receptions the week before. Defenses will likely be keying on him more when he's in there. But Detroit's best CB, Slay, is a gametime decision. So that entire secondary looks significantly weaker if he sits. Boyd is a good option here as PIT's secondary has been relatively subpar (even though I think they are significantly better after trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick). So do I got for higher ceiling (Hardman), or higher floor (Boyd)?

@SteelersPride @averagejoe @femurov @Shanemansj13 @tlance @TREFF etc

Last edited:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS
Yeah, they're all close in their projections.
Weather is calling for rain in Chicago. Not sure if that changes Montgomery's role?
Me personally, I'd bench him until he sees more touches.
Hyde seems to have new life. Plus the Panthers have more to worry about defensively than just Hyde.
And I like Boyd too over Hardman.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyd is the safer play. Hardman is the boom play imo.

I would probably sit Montgomery for AP or Hyde. Imo AP, but most might not agree

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS
Yeah, they're all close in their projections.
Weather is calling for rain in Chicago. Not sure if that changes Montgomery's role?
Me personally, I'd bench him until he sees more touches.
Hyde seems to have new life. Plus the Panthers have more to worry about defensively than just Hyde.
And I like Boyd too over Hardman.

Boyd is the safer play. Hardman is the boom play imo.

I would probably sit Montgomery for AP or Hyde. Imo AP, but most might not agree

RB2... Leaning towards Hyde. AP's just not looking the same. Granted he had a very difficult matchup last week so he could have a much bigger role against the Giants. Hard to say.

Flex... Not sure if this sways your opinions, but Detroit is allowing the 10th most receiving yards per game. And will likely be without Darius Slay today. Chiefs offense will have no issues throwing the ball. But there are a lot of mouths to feed.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with those kind of options at RB...I think the safest course of action is to play to the touches. I think Hyde is gonna see more action than anyone (other than Conner)_ so he'd get my nod over the others. That'll change when/if Monty ever convinces Nagy to stop being a friggin idiot.

As for flex, its a tough call. Seeing as its standard, and Boyds 5 catch 80 yd day wouldn't match Hatdman's 1 for 50 and a score...I'll go with Hardman here. Wish Dalton was looking for Boyd more often when it matters

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with those kind of options at RB...I think the safest course of action is to play to the touches. I think Hyde is gonna see more action than anyone (other than Conner)_ so he'd get my nod over the others. That'll change when/if Monty ever convinces Nagy to stop being a friggin idiot.

As for flex, its a tough call. Seeing as its standard, and Boyds 5 catch 80 yd day wouldn't match Hatdman's 1 for 50 and a score...I'll go with Hardman here. Wish Dalton was looking for Boyd more often when it matters
FWIW, I'm expecting a low scoring game on MNF... But I'm rarely correct with my predictions!

I do feel that I am afforded some risk play with Devante Adams getting me 19pts, and I can probably bank on a double digit day for Keenan Allen against the Dolphins. As long as I get 8-10pts per RB, then I'm in good shape to gamble on my FLEX.

Just spitballin here!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, my RBs are sort of a mess this week...

STANDARD PTS

QB: Wilson @ARI
RB1: Conner vCIN
RB2: Montgomery vMIN
WR1 (locked): Adams vPHI
WR2: Allen @MIA
TE: Howard @LAR
FLEX: Hardman @DET
DST: Jags @DEN
K: Maher @NO

BENCH
RBs: R Freeman vJAX, Peterson @NYG, Hyde vCAR, D Williams OUT
WRs: Boyd @PIT, Davis @ATL
QB: Ryan vTEN

RBs... I haven't gotten much out of Conner this year, but this week presents a very favorable matchup. Montgomery has a tough matchup, and he hasn't quite seen the volume that I was hoping for. Nor is his usage as consistent as I'd like to see. I'm waning on him quickly. Today might be a good day to bench him. But I simply don't have a great option behind him. Freeman is in a timeshare, and Peterson is averaging <3ypc. Hyde has been averaging 8.5pts per game off of roughly 15 carries. He needs a bounce back game this week against CAR.

WRs... Locked in with Allen as my WR2 obviously.

FLEX... Hardman has been booming, but it carries significant risk. Just 2 receptions last week created 16pts. And just 4 receptions the week before. Defenses will likely be keying on him more when he's in there. But Detroit's best CB, Slay, is a gametime decision. So that entire secondary looks significantly weaker if he sits. Boyd is a good option here as PIT's secondary has been relatively subpar (even though I think they are significantly better after trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick). So do I got for higher ceiling (Hardman), or higher floor (Boyd)?

@SteelersPride @averagejoe @femurov @Shanemansj13 @tlance @TREFF etc
face, you have seen the steelrs, play boyd over hardman, your praying for 1 long bomb ........

id play AP, the skins suck.......and have been gashed by EVERYONE, even if he falls the into the endzone, its liekly

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
face, you have seen the steelrs, play boyd over hardman, your praying for 1 long bomb ........

id play AP, the skins suck.......and have been gashed by EVERYONE, even if he falls the into the endzone, its liekly
Could be right, but the payoff is bigger with Hardman. See my post above. I think I have been afforded the risk play.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be right, but the payoff is bigger with Hardman. See my post above. I think I have been afforded the risk play.
it is. but the argument thaat dalton isnt looking boyds way is crazy he has 33 targets, 24 catches.

if this is ppr his floor is 12 points......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is. but the argument thaat dalton isnt looking boyds way is crazy he has 33 targets, 24 catches.

if this is ppr his floor is 12 points......
True. He hasn't had less than 10 targets in a game yet. That's very consistent volume.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. He hasn't had less than 10 targets in a game yet. That's very consistent volume.
i guess i see that, and i see our team? i does minkah lock him down? he plays the slot alot right? but 11 targets against us is probably good for something.......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i see that, and i see our team? i does minkah lock him down? he plays the slot alot right? but 11 targets against us is probably good for something.......
We do have to account for "Primetime Andy" though right? lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm starting to lean towards Adrian Peterson as a potential sleeper this week lol. :gaah:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pick 3

marvin jones
chris thompson
paul richardson
gallman
godwin
1. Jones vKC... Targets are trending up. Detroit is going to be throwing a ton today. Stafford is playing through hip pain though.

2. Richardson @NYG... Rookie McLaurin is out. Richardson has been emerging. Giants are a very favorable matchup.

3. Gallman vWAS... Just assuming he's going to get a lot of volume today. Daniel Jones has the arm to keep the Skins from stacking the box.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Jones vKC... Targets are trending up. Detroit is going to be throwing a ton today. Stafford is playing through hip pain though.

2. Richardson @NYG... Rookie McLaurin is out. Richardson has been emerging. Giants are a very favorable matchup.

3. Gallman vWAS... Just assuming he's going to get a lot of volume today. Daniel Jones has the arm to keep the Skins from stacking the box.
thing is to get richardson, i have to drop one of crowder, dam williams, singletary, john brown, for a one week rental

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing is to get richardson, i have to drop one of crowder, dam williams, singletary, john brown, for a one week rental
Maybe drop John Brown... Plays NE this week, and TEN next week. Not favorable matchups. Week 6 bye. Doubt anyone will want to stash him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe drop John Brown... Plays NE this week, and TEN next week. Not favorable matchups. Week 6 bye. Doubt anyone will want to stash him.
he'll be gone, #wr getting 7 targets a week, instant scoop up, it would have to be drop crowder

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 5 going to be a little difficult for me. The league is .5ppr.

I’m trying to figure out my WR2, RB2, and my FLEX, so pick THREE players but at least one WR and at least one RB. I know where I’m leaning but want to see what you guys think.

Tyler Boyd vs Arizona
Courtland Sutton @ LA Chargers
MVS @ Dallas
Devonta Freeman @ Houston
Melvin Gordon vs Denver
Ronald Jones @ New Orleans