• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers ready to move on from Big Ben

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an avi bet on another board that Dwayne Haskins will never be a top 10 passer in the next 5 seasons. My only concern would be this situation, where he finds himself on a team with a stable organization and is respected. That would be the Steelers.

I'm still pretty confident.
Looks like a solid bet. Kid gets a chance to be a starter in the NFL after playing just 1 year in college, and goes to strip clubs during Covid, instead of studying and trying to develop his craft

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a solid bet. Kid gets a chance to be a starter in the NFL after playing just 1 year in college, and goes to strip clubs during Covid, instead of studying and trying to develop his craft

Yeah that was my take. But maturity is fixable, especially with a coach like Tomlin. But he is just so inaccurate I like my chances.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was my take. But maturity is fixable, especially with a coach like Tomlin. But he is just so inaccurate I like my chances.
Maybe , maybe not, didn't work for Manziel. I'm talking more about his worth ethic, is he another Russell? Guy was too lazy and wouldn't watch film and even when teammates offered to come over to make sure he watched, he made them bring a shitload of fast food

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe , maybe not, didn't work for Manziel. I'm talking more about his worth ethic, is he another Russell? Guy was too lazy and wouldn't watch film and even when teammates offered to come over to make sure he watched, he made them bring a shitload of fast food

That was my argument. He liked being a football player more than actually being a football player. I'm not convince you can change a guy like that. Either it's in you like Peyton, Russell, Mahomes etc and you put in the work because you love it or it's not.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget all of his past achievements, except last season's stats. He played great last year and showed that he can still win and put up big numbers. I wouldn't be so quick to find the next latest and greatest If I were the Steelers...............look at New England. Looking for the next latest and greatest can take time. That said, I would be grooming a next Qb in Pitts. and I get the feeling that Big Ben isn't eager to help pass on the torch, kind of like how Favre was with Rogers.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AFC North fans are celebrating everywhere

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget all of his past achievements, except last season's stats. He played great last year and showed that he can still win and put up big numbers. I wouldn't be so quick to find the next latest and greatest If I were the Steelers...............look at New England. Looking for the next latest and greatest can take time. That said, I would be grooming a next Qb in Pitts. and I get the feeling that Big Ben isn't eager to help pass on the torch, kind of like how Favre was with Rogers.
shows that you really didnt watch anything, and are commenting on box scores, his arm died as the year went on..........

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My arm got tired watching him throw the ball almost 300x his last 6 games......
agreed, but thats concerning, because it was dead by like attempt 350 or so.........Obviously didnt reinjure it.......and he had the zip early in the year, so with some rest, hopefully it strengthened back up

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed, but thats concerning, because it was dead by like attempt 350 or so.........Obviously didnt reinjure it.......and he had the zip early in the year, so with some rest, hopefully it strengthened back up
Exactly something didn't seem right with his arm as the season went on. I'm a little leary of signing him. But he said he'd work with the team WRT the cap. So a win for the Steelers.

Will be interesting to see how he does with a new OC and QB coach and a different O line.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly something didn't seem right with his arm as the season went on. I'm a little leary of signing him. But he said he'd work with the team WRT the cap. So a win for the Steelers.

Will be interesting to see how he does with a new OC and QB coach and a different O line.
Bens still the OC lol. But his line is in shambles, the coach is known to those guys thoughZ but whatever . He can go out his way, earned it imho

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably just arm fatigue from being out the previous year. It'll be much stronger this year, I think.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he needs an old receiver too

Please, let the Steelers sign him so we can get the slowest plays in the NFL

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he needs an old receiver too

Please, let the Steelers sign him so we can get the slowest plays in the NFL
Of course Dez is going to say that... He was like a WR5 or somethin for them. A bit role player. His ego couldn't take it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this isn't what I thought would happen. But I'm content with it so long as they can massively reduce his cap hit. He still has plenty of arm left to play at a high level, but making him throw 40+ times per game should no longer be in the cards. As I stated many times last year, they needed to refocus on the run game to increase Ben's arm longevity. That didn't happen and the result was a tired old man down the stretch late in the year. Plus nobody was fooled when they couldn't even run the ball for 50yds per game. Being that 1-dimensional, plus having a cast of receivers with the highest drop rates in the NFL... Yea it was spelling disaster long before their quick exit in the postseason.

New OC & new OL should help rejuvenate this offense. But what concerns me is that Ben isn't capable of doing PA & boot passes effectively anymore... Which is Matt Canada's bread & butter. Keeping Ben here means they will be hindering Canada's offensive schemes next year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably just arm fatigue from being out the previous year. It'll be much stronger this year, I think.
Yeah i dunnoi think thats part of it....but just fatigue..... eh. Generally just fatigue doesnt have THAT much drop off and loss of control as well