• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers plan to tag Bell

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF!
@FaCe-LeE-uS @ATL96Steeler @Psych-Ward
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports "all indications" are the Steelers plan to use the transition tag on free agent Le'Veon Bell.
Yikes. The first day the Steelers can apply the tag is next Tuesday. It is an almost stunning level of pettiness, but within the Steelers' rights via the collective bargaining agreement. Per reporter Gerry Dulac, under no circumstance would the Steelers consider actually keeping Bell. The scheme would also require Bell signing the tag. The Steelers' endgame would be: Getting Bell to sign the tag, matching an offer sheet from another team, and then trading Bell for compensation. It promises to be an acrimonious end to an exceedingly bitter feud.

SOURCE: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Feb 14, 2019, 8:40 PM

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bad form to appeal to future free agents
Unless they've spoken with Lev and have told him their plan is still to trade him and he agrees to it, yes this is a really bad look. The issues with AB are bad enough. It's time to rip off the bandaid and just cut ties with Lev already.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total clown show in that formerly respectable franchise.

Emphasis on former.
Lmao you wish you were relevant, your back up qb is the most relevant thing about Philly

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to transition him you just should've traded him last year when you could've got something better for him

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting situation. I figured Bell would be disappointed with his market. Figured teams would want to low ball him. Now I could see a team try to discourage the Steelers from matching with a spendy contract offer. Then if the Steelers match, let them have Bell unless they want to give a pick to take him off their hands.:dhd:
Probably not, but this makes things complicated to say the least.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw him. I say slap the tag on him again. Sooner or later he needs to show up to work or he isn't going to get paid. If he wants to keep wasting his prime years then he'll just guarantee that even after this saga ends he won't get a big contract.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF!
@FaCe-LeE-uS @ATL96Steeler @Psych-Ward
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports "all indications" are the Steelers plan to use the transition tag on free agent Le'Veon Bell.
Yikes. The first day the Steelers can apply the tag is next Tuesday. It is an almost stunning level of pettiness, but within the Steelers' rights via the collective bargaining agreement. Per reporter Gerry Dulac, under no circumstance would the Steelers consider actually keeping Bell. The scheme would also require Bell signing the tag. The Steelers' endgame would be: Getting Bell to sign the tag, matching an offer sheet from another team, and then trading Bell for compensation. It promises to be an acrimonious end to an exceedingly bitter feud.

SOURCE: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Feb 14, 2019, 8:40 PM

I read something about this on Steeler Depot a week or so ago.

It really sounds like the Steelers are pissed at Bell not playing LY and the FO is going to continue to play the leverage they have here instead of just letting Bell pick and choose as a FA. You can't do anymore damage than has been done, so I get it...why not?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting situation. I figured Bell would be disappointed with his market. Figured teams would want to low ball him. Now I could see a team try to discourage the Steelers from matching with a spendy contract offer. Then if the Steelers match, let them have Bell unless they want to give a pick to take him off their hands.:dhd:
Probably not, but this makes things complicated to say the least.

IMO...for PIT, that's what this is all about...a '19 pick vs a '20 comp pick.

It makes sense...both sides are playing the game. Bell decided he would not play under the tag LY and thought that he would be allowed to walk scot-free this offseason.

PIT is saying...we've got one last bullet in the chamber and we're shooting it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure tbh

Across the Field nailed it.

Bell can't afford to sit out another season so if he wants to get a deal done...he will sign tag.

If Bell has any functioning brain issue left, he would understand that PIT is not going to just let him piss on their season by holding out...They want compensation now, not 2020. So...sign the tag, and whomever wants you will make you and offer that PIT will not match and that will be the end of it....both sides get what they want.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bell can't afford to sit out another season so if he wants to get a deal done...he will sign tag.

If Bell has any functioning brain issue left, he would understand that PIT is not going to just let him piss on their season by holding out...They want compensation now, not 2020. So...sign the tag, and whomever wants you will make you and offer that PIT will not match and that will be the end of it....both sides get what they want.

I feel like that is expecting too much at this point

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I'm understanding you here, this gives the team the leverage they need so this asshat doesn't get away scott free and get everything he wants. Is that about it? Then I say good for them and I hope other teams see this guy for what he really is and his offer is a helluva lot less than him and his agent think it will be.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. If Bell is smart he will do this (not so sure) bc it will drive his contract up.