• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers get Minkah

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins defense has been good... But think about how good it could be if they kept Minkah and moved him to FS instead of forcing him into the Slot/CB hybrid ILB role....

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins defense has been good... But think about how good it could be if they kept Minkah and moved him to FS instead of forcing him into the Slot/CB hybrid ILB role....
Yeah, I was thinking that earlier. Have Minkah back there with Howard and Rowe and that secondary is damn good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if they keep Minkah you have to think they don't pay Byron Jones HUGE money. They wouldn't be paying Howard, Minkah and Jones. Haven't watched the Dolphins much or Jones but Jones' PFF rating is pretty bad and no picks....so yeah lol

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if they keep Minkah you have to think they don't pay Byron Jones HUGE money. They wouldn't be paying Howard, Minkah and Jones. Haven't watched the Dolphins much or Jones but Jones' PFF rating is pretty bad and no picks....so yeah lol
That was definitely a bad signing and I doubt they do that if Minkah is there. Jones has basically done nothing for them. But with Minkah, they likely have the best safety pair in football. Don't need a high priced corner then.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Anniversary to one of the greatest fleeces in NFL history

I caught the replay of the Beng-Steeler game. Jesus Minkah had a game.

I still personally would never trade a 1st for a safety (especially a 1st that really did have potential to be in the top 5 at the time they traded for him). I save my 1st rounders for true impact positions. But if there is a safety that is worth it, it is Minkah.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still personally would never trade a 1st for a safety (especially a 1st that really did have potential to be in the top 5 at the time they traded for him). I save my 1st rounders for true impact positions. But if there is a safety that is worth it, it is Minkah.
Minkah played on fire. Which I hope to continue to see more. He was rarely a good tackler TBH, and it seems this year he has fixed those flaws in his game. Just 1 game though, and he certainly played with an edge we haven't seen in a while. Hopefully he can keep up that energy because the Steelers will need it sans TJ Watt for the next 2 months.

The trade worked out very well for the Steelers. They almost made the playoffs, and the Dolphins got an 18th overall pick out of it (OT Austin Jackson, currently starting as their RT). Meanwhile the Steelers have had an all-pro caliber safety since the trade that completely transformed its defense. It's always risky. But at the time I had been pounding my fist on the table for almost a decade for the Steelers to find a true centerfielder FS so I was VERY happy. They kept trying to band-aid that secondary and it never worked. It was exhausting watching that defense have a top flight front 7 but always getting slaughtered in the backend.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were never going to be a top 5 pick. He's up there with the Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu impact player category, IMO. Absolutely worth it, even if it was a top 5 pick. I wouldn't have wanted anyone from 15 or lower in that draft over Minkah anyway.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were never going to be a top 5 pick. He's up there with the Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu impact player category, IMO. Absolutely worth it, even if it was a top 5 pick. I wouldn't have wanted anyone from 15 or lower in that draft over Minkah anyway.
Joe Burrow? Justin Herbert?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Burrow? Justin Herbert?
They went 1 and 6. Steelers were not going to be drafting that high. Minkah made the Steelers a much better team, but they weren;t going to be doing that badly without him.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In that draft, the Steelers drafted Chase Claypool with their 2nd round pick which was the 1st pick in that draft.

If they had a 1st round pick, they could have picked a different WR.....

Nfl Jefferson GIF by Minnesota Vikings

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that draft, the Steelers drafted Chase Claypool with their 2nd round pick which was the 1st pick in that draft.

If they had a 1st round pick, they could have picked a different WR.....

Nfl Jefferson GIF by Minnesota Vikings
Pittsburgh doesn't need to draft WR's with 1st round picks. Had JuJu and Diontae already.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh doesn't need to draft WR's with 1st round picks. Had JuJu and Diontae already.

Yes a team with a bottom 5 passing offense in the league the last couple of years running and will once again fall into that category this year doesnt need a WR who is always open and does nothing but make play after play. They clearly needed help at the position and knew that or they wouldnt have selected Claypool only 30 pick later.

Minkah is nice. But he doesnt impact the game the way Jefferson does. That's just the way it is.

But of course there is zero way of knowing if the Steelers would have made that move. Hell they could have a similar board as the Eagles and taken Reagor instead. Hell they could have had Claypool as a top 18 pick and might have taken him there rather than a round later. No telling.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes a team with a bottom 5 passing offense in the league the last couple of years running and will once again fall into that category this year doesnt need a WR who is always open and does nothing but make play after play. They clearly needed help at the position and knew that or they wouldnt have selected Claypool only 30 pick later.

Minkah is nice. But he doesnt impact the game the way Jefferson does. That's just the way it is.

But of course there is zero way of knowing if the Steelers would have made that move. Hell they could have a similar board as the Eagles and taken Reagor instead. Hell they could have had Claypool as a top 18 pick and might have taken him there rather than a round later. No telling.
It wasn't the WR's that were responsible for those issues.

It's been the QB situation, and the terribad OL.

I'd take Minkah over Jefferson straight up right now, too.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't the WR's that were responsible for those issues.

It's been the QB situation, and the terribad OL.

I'd take Minkah over Jefferson straight up right now, too.

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went 1 and 6. Steelers were not going to be drafting that high. Minkah made the Steelers a much better team, but they weren;t going to be doing that badly without him.

Considering you said "Absolutely worth it, even if it was a top 5 pick." I think bringing Herbert into the equation is fair.

So going off of what we know now would you want Fitzpatrick or Herbert, if the puck ended up top 5?