• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers Extend Mike Tomlin Through 2024

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since he did that little sideline hop to the Ravens returner followed up by that shitkicker grin (and then denied it) I can't stand him. Dunno why that left such a sour taste.

Posts decent records though.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,948.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked tomlin. This is a great move by the Steelers

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn good coach. Not a fan of his personality but then again not a fan of many HCs personalities. This extension is no surprise as the Steelers organization retain their coaches for decades. They could've done a lot lot worse.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he's a good coach and was smart to retain him IMO. Don't fix some thing that's not broke.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I consider him a good but not great coach and he's in that Pete Carroll category where he's too good to be fired but leaves you with that feeling your team should or should've done better.

Just too many loaded Steelers teams with bad playoff loses that they had no business losing for me to call him great. He's had rosters more than capable of at least getting to a Super Bowl but he hasn't been to one in 10 years now.

It's kinda the worst kind of good too because you can get someone way worse so you're afraid to fire him but you wonder if you're ever going to win another one as long as he's the head coach

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider him a good but not great coach and he's in that Pete Carroll category where he's too good to be fired but leaves you with that feeling your team should or should've done better.

Just too many loaded Steelers teams with bad playoff loses that they had no business losing for me to call him great. He's had rosters more than capable of at least getting to a Super Bowl but he hasn't been to one in 10 years now.

It's kinda the worst kind of good too because you can get someone way worse so you're afraid to fire him but you wonder if you're ever going to win another one as long as he's the head coach
Him and Pete are a very good comparison imo. The X's and O's leave a lot to be desired but they both seem very good at running the team from Monday to Saturday every week. Also in terms of playoff success both have stalled the last 4 years or so. I think both have coaches have 1 playoff win the last 4 years or so?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

Oh go mouth off to one of the very nice Metro cops. They like it when people interact with them.
They ain't so bad now, but back in 1994 they were in full Shoot First ask Later mode.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ain't so bad now, but back in 1994 they were in full Shoot First ask Later mode.

I just remember when I lived out there anytime I had family or friends in town and they insisted on staying on the Strip (hated it when they stayed down there) saw Metro rough people up. Most deserved it, some didn't. But I think this is a funny story.

Got stopped once for no reason by Metro. Ran my license. Kept going back to his car, returning and asking me more questions. I asked why I got stopped and after he asked for my SS a half of dozen times I finally got a response. He said my name didn't show up in his system. So I told him I'm not a criminal, just on my way home from work. He told me to have a nice day. WTF was that!? I also remember when the Henderson PD shot & killed the ice cream man's wife. That was bizarre.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remember when I lived out there anytime I had family or friends in town and they insisted on staying on the Strip (hated it when they stayed down there) saw Metro rough people up. Most deserved it, some didn't. But I think this is a funny story.

Got stopped once for no reason by Metro. Ran my license. Kept going back to his car, returning and asking me more questions. I asked why I got stopped and after he asked for my SS a half of dozen times I finally got a response. He said my name didn't show up in his system. So I told him I'm not a criminal, just on my way home from work. He told me to have a nice day. WTF was that!? I also remember when the Henderson PD shot & killed the ice cream man's wife. That was bizarre.
So because you're not in NCIC the cop was suspicious of you?

I'm a police backer, but the moment my son was old enough by my standards to leave our street, I told him if he's ever stopped by metro for any reason he'd better stand real still, feet at least shoulder length apart and hands out to the side away from his body.

That lesson paid off once when KNUCKLEHEAD, thought it was wise to walk around with a pellet rifle.

I get a call from my son's phone, but it's Metro on the other end. He told me the situation, and I responded immediately. As I got out of my vehicle, I think the cop said "Oh shit, I think he's going to kill his son", so he met half way to cool me off, told me he sees I'm going to rectify the situation, then told my son, "If there's any 911 calls from our house, they ain't responding". Son got his freedom back 4 weeks later.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because you're not in NCIC the cop was suspicious of you?

I'm a police backer, but the moment my son was old enough by my standards to leave our street, I told him if he's ever stopped by metro for any reason he'd better stand real still, feet at least shoulder length apart and hands out to the side away from his body.

That lesson paid off once when KNUCKLEHEAD, thought it was wise to walk around with a pellet rifle.

I get a call from my son's phone, but it's Metro on the other end. He told me the situation, and I responded immediately. As I got out of my vehicle, I think the cop said "Oh shit, I think he's going to kill his son", so he met half way to cool me off, told me he sees I'm going to rectify the situation, then told my son, "If there's any 911 calls from our house, they ain't responding". Son got his freedom back 4 weeks later.

Damn. He's very lucky it wasn't anything worse. Can't be walking around with a pellet rifle like that. Hopefully he learned a lesson.