• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers disappointed Bell didn't show up today

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:stephena:

"But go on about how this guy won't mail it in once he's paid."

My opinion on this is that Bell knows that he is going to go into the next off season as a free agent. Right now he does not have any security for the future. He did know that after the end of last season he was going to at a minimum get the tag. It is no secret that most players do not like playing with the franchise tag. Given how he always seems to play hard I am not sure how it can be assumed he is just going to mail it in once he gets his big deal.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the teams side on this one.
he outpriced himself from the market. Thats on Bell &/or his agent, not the team.

That is true but once the Gurley deal was done I can't see how they could not at least try to make an offer comparable to his.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion on this is that Bell knows that he is going to go into the next off season as a free agent. Right now he does not have any security for the future. He did know that after the end of last season he was going to at a minimum get the tag. It is no secret that most players do not like playing with the franchise tag. Given how he always seems to play hard I am not sure how it can be assumed he is just going to mail it in once he gets his big deal.
He had to do that if he wants paid.

Teams don't exactly line up to break the bank on players if they know they are being lazy it the field. The quickest way to kill your value is show signs that you are hot dogging in this instance because then who's to say they won't do the same once they're paid?

Especially when they have this kind of past baggage

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest mistake he made IMO was either not being straight/flat out lying to his teammates. If he told them straight up he wouldn't report until week 10 they'd probably be unhappy but generally understanding. I think that's why this frustration is where it is.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had to do that if he wants paid.

Teams don't exactly line up to break the bank on players if they know they are being lazy it the field. The quickest way to kill your value is show signs that you are hot dogging in this instance because then who's to say they won't do the same once they're paid?

Especially when they have this kind of past baggage

I can see your point and to be honest I even understand the Steeler stance as well. This is business and the Steelers have to look out for the Steelers. The NFL is not like the other leagues where entire contracts are guranteed and the players have to get what the can when they can. Le'Veon Bell is an elite running back. I am sure if he holds out 10 games he is going to have to convince elite teams of his commitment and probably explain himself if he wants to be on a contender. He is going to get his money there is no doubt of that in my mind.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Bell and his agent are doing this for rational reasons, gotta think they are pressuring the Steelers to trade him- that way he gets paid.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this shit coming outta Pittsburgh.....Bell is little more than a me-first, asswipe who's in it for himself, and it's great that some of his O-lineman are trashing him.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bell wants out more than the money at this point (trying to force a trade), in which case he wont be worried about the Oline comments about him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if that happens then week 9 the Steelers should just rescind the tag. Then Bell is a FA in the middle of the season, after bye weeks, likely out of shape. Sure they miss out on 7 games with him but if he shows up for week 10 then by the time he is ready to roll it's week 12. I'd give up 4 games to set the precedent to players that if you want to play hardball then let's play.

Everyone is well within their rights to do what is best for them, that includes the team.
at this point i dont know what to think, our oline is pisssssssssed at him

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt HAS to trade him now. He's become an active detriment to team cohesion.

Trade his ass to Cleveland, preferable. Give the Steelers two opportunities a year to posterize him. Not like they're gonna be any good, anyway.

Dude will learn soon how good he had it in Pittsburgh. I don't even need to see proper compensation. Let him go for a 2.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade his ass to Cleveland, preferable. Give the Steelers two opportunities a year to posterize him. Not like they're gonna be any good, anyway.

Dude will learn soon how good he had it in Pittsburgh. I don't even need to see proper compensation. Let him go for a 2.
i heard hanging a two for him may be the best we can do now

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no way Pitt trades him to a division rival. Ever!

Hell if they did trade him they would probably try & trade him to the NFC.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way Pitt trades him to a division rival. Ever!

Hell if they did trade him they would probably try & trade him to the NFC.
Cleveland can't even be called a rival. I want him to never sniff the postseason. I want the Steelers to have a chance to hit him, often.