• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers disappointed Bell didn't show up today

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland can't even be called a rival. I want him to never sniff the postseason. I want the Steelers to have a chance to hit him, often.
I know this is something I will get laughed at. But I think Cleveland will start turning the corner. in the next few years they might be battling for a playoff spot. Although they do have to get rid of their head coach. but then it might even be sooner.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is something I will get laughed at. But I think Cleveland will start turning the corner. in the next few years they might be battling for a playoff spot. Although they do have to get rid of their head coach. but then it might even be sooner.
Heard that for years. Maybe, someday, someone will be right when they say it.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i1wuqs96qhk11.png

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I truly understand the hate. If he was on the Eagles I would probably be pissed to and want him gone. However the contract you talk about was not as it appeared. There was only $33 mil in guaranteed so I don't think it was that good a deal. I do think Bell overvalued himself by wanting $17 - $18 mil a year. That was just stupid on his part.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly understand the hate. If he was on the Eagles I would probably be pissed to and want him gone. However the contract you talk about was not as it appeared. There was only $33 mil in guaranteed so I don't think it was that good a deal. I do think Bell overvalued himself by wanting $17 - $18 mil a year. That was just stupid on his part.
His OL is furious at him. Those guys get paid a fraction of what Bell is getting under the tag. They are risking serious injuries every day, for a lot less money. I think these salaries need to be equalized more. OL have significant injury risks, too.
I understand the resentment. Bell is great, but he wouldn't be so great without the guys who block for him and let him patiently sit back there to choose a gaping hole.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His OL is furious at him. Those guys get paid a fraction of what Bell is getting under the tag. They are risking serious injuries every day, for a lot less money. I think these salaries need to be equalized more. OL have significant injury risks, too.
I understand the resentment. Bell is great, but he wouldn't be so great without the guys who block for him and let him patiently sit back there to choose a gaping hole.

you are correct there. I don't care how good a RB you are. If your Oline does not want to block for you then you are going to have a shit year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are correct there. I don't care how good a RB you are. If your Oline does not want to block for you then you are going to have a shit year.

By the same token, if a lesser RB plays behind that line, they won't look as good and won't make as much either.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the same token, if a lesser RB plays behind that line, they won't look as good and won't make as much either.

You will go no dispute from me there. One thing all the great running backs have is oustanding field vision. The can spot a hole very quickly and get to it. The thing that seperates Bell also is his patience. He waits for a play to develop and as soon as he sees an opening he is through it pretty fast. Not many backs can do that IMO.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading an article about 2:35am that said as it stands now the Steelers don't paln to budge on this or lift the tag etc. They feel pretty comfortable with the RB group they have in place.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think his agent is much help in these negotiations. After hearing him interviewed yesterday, he was just spouting nonsense. He should be realistic with his client and try to get this resolved. Bell's annual salary expectations are a bit high, and if he brought that down, a multi-year deal with more guaranteed money may have been possible. Tough to say without being part of the negotiations. This looks bad for both sides IMO, although Bell should get a solid contract next year in the free agent market, provided he doesn't sustain a serious injury this season. There's the rub...