• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Steelers are parting ways with Leveon Bell

What what you would give up for Bell?

• a 1st round pick

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 2 #2's

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's going to get the kind of money he "expects" to get. Plus he's already losing out on a bunch of money this year ... nearly 900K per game. He'll be 27 which is tail end of a RB's prime ... but he's looking for a long term deal. In the end I think he'll look back and realize that he made a mistake handling things this way.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said Northern Eagle and Rey. I have been thinking the same way and not trying to muddy this situation too much.

To say he won’t get what he feels he deserves handling it this way is not also saying he doesn’t deserve to be paid. He is highlighting a shitty issue that RBs face. It is one that their union put them into and need to be addressing (unfortunately along with a bunch of things).

It’s just the fact that he is handling it wrong, and I don’t see that playing well for him. He will get paid by someone and no matter what it won’t be what he should deserve on a purely talent level. Most of that will be because the system is fucked. But some of that will be because of how he handled this (as well as, you know, past instances where he hurt his team by thinking me first).

Amazing talent for sure....but even if cap wasn’t a reality for us I would feel better looking other ways for future RB production.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tricky situation to be in. He definitely deserves to get his money, and everyone knows that the Steelers were going to use the shit out of him if he did report. I know he wants long term commitment, but how do you turn down $14M guaranteed, even for one year?
Bell didn't want to play the Steelers' games.

And they don't want to play his.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell didn't want to play the Steelers' games.

And they don't want to play his.

And in the long run it really won’t hurt the Steelers.

I don’t like that. I really don’t. I’ve always leaned much more heavily to players over owners rights on most things.

But it is reality.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's overwhelming that we don't want Bell. OK, I'll let Howie and Doug know. Thanks for participating Guys!

Here is how I feel. We need to get a "Bell Cow" RB. One that that has no healthy problems. I know a RB usually won't get 30 carries a game, but I would love to get one who can average 20-25 caries per game. A complete RB who can catch and importantly block well to protect the QB. A stud. I know many want a RB by committee, and I can see that, but I have to think that if they ever draft a complete back, they'd relish that.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's overwhelming that we don't want Bell. OK, I'll let Howie and Doug know. Thanks for participating Guys!

Here is how I feel. We need to get a "Bell Cow" RB. One that that has no healthy problems. I know a RB usually won't get 30 carries a game, but I would love to get one who can average 20-25 caries per game. A complete RB who can catch and importantly block well to protect the QB. A stud. I know many want a RB by committee, and I can see that, but I have to think that if they ever draft a complete back, they'd relish that.

Totally agreed on bell cow if we can. I won’t speak for all that mention RBBC favorably, but I would imagine most feel something like me on this.

RBBC is not most preferable option in a vacuum. I would love to have a bell cow to match with Wentz. But they come around about as often as a franchise QB. Odds are more likely you won’t get one of those. In such a case you can take a committee and do well with it if you have a good scheme. Something we get with Doug and his coaches.

It’s not most preferred, but working with what hand you’re dealt. I was high on Guide at 32 last year if he was there. If another young bell cow type sits there in an upcoming draft I hope they get him. If we could come away with a Kamara or Hunt type and have him cheap while we absorb Carson’s hit that would be awesome.

I think there is a huge difference between that path if it comes out and making a panic move on a FA that comes heavy cap and might not work.

I heard Murray’s name mentioned here the other day. FA RBs don’t always provide a cure.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the latest rumor (Jason LaCanfora) is that the "sleeper" team interested in acquiring Bell is our own Philadelphia Eagles! In his scenario, Howie will trade Foles for a pick (it doesn't matter how high), thus increasing the cap room to accommodate trading for and negotiating a new deal for Bell.

Just reporting.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potato Salad.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the latest rumor (Jason LaCanfora) is that the "sleeper" team interested in acquiring Bell is our own Philadelphia Eagles! In his scenario, Howie will trade Foles for a pick (it doesn't matter how high), thus increasing the cap room to accommodate trading for and negotiating a new deal for Bell.

Just reporting.

Yeah....I saw this linked on BGN. Even went and read the article. So....they trade Foles (simple at this point) and get $8M in cap space.....then turn that $8M into Bell? I.....don't understand.

Then I remembered what you see consistently when you Google "Jason La Canfora Accuracy" and gave up trying to make sense of it. Look....maybe Howie has something sly up his sleeve and I would be willing to give that a listen. But I am not taking it from La Canfora.

Not throwing this at your feet OD....I know you are just reporting :)

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the Eagles get a true bell cow type stud RB ... but there are zero guarantees trading for Bell. I don't think his heart will be into busting his arse until he gets what he wants ... and that is to hit free agency next year. I'd rather look into trading for Arizona RB David Johnson if we're going that route. The Cardinals are not going anywhere soon and Johnson isn't even getting used over there. Meanwhile he's signed through 2021 at a reasonable stud RB price. Maybe with the Cards about to hit the total rebuild button they would listen to offers.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmmmmmmmm. Guess we'll find out.

Is the 8M cap hit for Foles accurate? I thought it was more.
whatever. I'm not trying to be a rumor mongrel.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the Eagles get a true bell cow type stud RB ... but there are zero guarantees trading for Bell. I don't think his heart will be into busting his arse until he gets what he wants ... and that is to hit free agency next year. I'd rather look into trading for Arizona RB David Johnson if we're going that route. The Cardinals are not going anywhere soon and Johnson isn't even getting used over there. Meanwhile he's signed through 2021 at a reasonable stud RB price. Maybe with the Cards about to hit the total rebuild button they would listen to offers.

Now this one I really like the sound of! He is 26 so has some years left. I’m sure he wants to play badly and prove he is back. He would be one who would come off the trade ready to go. Bell didn’t stay home because he wants a trade. He did it because he wants to get paid. He might be traded and then have to be sold on coming in to play. DJ would just come play.

Already stated but DJ is signed for years. Very managable cap hits of 5M this year and 9M in 2019. Grows from there but they would have option to extend him if he works out.

I much more prefer that if howie is picking up the phone he is calling Arizona than Pittsburgh. I’m somewhat doubtful Arizona wants to talk. But, then, maybe they could use a guy like Foles right about now. Maybe we put a 4-5 rounder with Foles and see if they bite?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that case, DJ makes a lot of sense - kudos to Rey, who never ceases to amaze us with thoroughness. Acquiring DJ for Foles (no matter what picks we get for Nick) gives us more cap room, plus a bell cow, that I am looking for.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going to be able to poach a roster for the best possible RB help then I really like that call for DJ and hope it gets made.

Ultimately I don’t think the Cards are interested to move DJ. It doesnt compute for me. But then I really didn’t see Miami parting with Ajayi either.

With Rosen there I can see them not feeling hopeless at QB long term. Plus they way overpaid for Bradford (and maybe overpaid some for Glennon). That’s a lot of money at QB already. Counter to that is it is not working in the short term.

It’s all very interesting. I’m sure if there is a way to pull DJ loose Howie could do it. Maybe another player aside from Foles could have appeal.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams offering a 5th rounder and a big bag of Cheetos

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The responses that didn't want to touch him...I don't blame you.

Here's the deal with Bell.

Clearly he doesn't want to play this season because he wants to preserve his health for his big FA windfall. Idk why that would change for another team. At best I think you'd be getting a 6 or 7 game+ playoffs rental player.

For a team like maybe Tampa that has the money to retain him long term and he could put them over the hump this season...I would take a chance on a 3rd rd pick.

If PIT is assured their 3rd round comp pick already, there's a good chance they will release him and eat those remaining game checks when ever he does show up. If that we're to happen, I don't expect Bell to play for anyone this season.