• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Steelers are parting ways with Leveon Bell

What what you would give up for Bell?

• a 1st round pick

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 2 #2's

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you give he Steelers for Bell? Since we have two # 2's next year, I would give up a 2nd in 2019, and another in 2020. What would you give up? He's 26 (or 27), and is one of the best all around back in the NFL.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give up ONE of our 2's. IF they want Ajayi, I give him up in a heartbeat also.
The Eagles will NEVER give up a 1 and I doubt that they would give up two 2's.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not give up anything. He is going to want too much money.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give up anything. I don't want anything to do with a guy who would be a distraction. Pass!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't afford him with Wentz' contract coming up soon.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cap could be a big issue with signing a player like Bell what with Wentz looking to get a Mega Deal perhaps as soon as this off season. As to what I would offer....2, 3rds and Ajayi but that comes with risks inasmuch as Bell is not a team player and could be a distraction.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize what you're saying, but to me, if he would accept a deal with incentives, he will solve the RB spot for 5 ears, barring injury, and is a great back.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize what you're saying, but to me, if he would accept a deal with incentives, he will solve the RB spot for 5 ears, barring injury, and is a great back.

If....I think that is the pushback a lot are speaking to. Similar discussion when we talked about Dez in one respect. If the player would take the deal that would make it feasible for the Eagles.....Bell is absolutely one I would not expect to take such a deal.

But even if he were to....I would still feel unease. Extremely talented player....but he smacks a bit as cancerous to me.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worth the trouble. He basically quit on his teammates, I know he wants to get paid and he should definitely get paid, but do it the right way.

I heard yesterday he's out partying in Miami and isn't anywhere close to being in football shape. I wouldn't even give up a 7th round pick for him at this point.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had the depth at safety we could move Jenkins to make the money work.

Maybe Jones can play FS?

Steelers suck in the secondary.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worth the trouble. He basically quit on his teammates, I know he wants to get paid and he should definitely get paid, but do it the right way.
There is no right way. The RBs are financially fucked compared to their peers.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way do we trade Jones. Darby for Bell - I would do that. Now, I realize we don't have cap room, so it is a moot point. I was just seeing what other guys think. I do think we need to draft a stud WR AND a stud RB. Ajayi is not reliable, nor are any others studs, but serviceable. And I think that's the way it will be unless a guy turns out to be Stud. We focus on OL and D, and that probably will not change.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way do we trade Jones. Darby for Bell - I would do that. Now, I realize we don't have cap room, so it is a moot point. I was just seeing what other guys think. I do think we need to draft a stud WR AND a stud RB. Ajayi is not reliable, nor are any others studs, but serviceable. And I think that's the way it will be unless a guy turns out to be Stud. We focus on OL and D, and that probably will not change.
I didn't mean to trade Jones. I meant move Jones to FS after trading Jenkins. Frees up money and doesn't give up any youth.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing. Far too expensive. Might as well throw in Brandon Graham for him because we can't afford his contract as is, and wouldn't be able to re-sign him next year with Bell anyways.

Maybe he would solve the RB spot like Demarco Murray and Ryan Matthews were sure to do.

I'm fine keeping the rest of the talent level up for that money and hoping for the best with outcasts and drafted guys like last year instead.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt that Bell is a great RB and his talent would benefit the Eagles
I'm not even that worried about him possibly being a "cancer"
The Eagles have enough veteran quality leadership guys on the team that should be able to overcome any "cancer" issues

However, one of those leaders is Jenkins and if getting Bell means getting rid of Jenkins I'm against that
Jenkins is worth more to the team than just financial and play considerations

Yes - financially there will be issues with the cap but I trust in Roseman to be able to work that out
He is a wizard at manipulating the cap

If the trade price is right for Bell Eagles need to seriously think about it but I don't know what that price is so my opinion in this regard doesn't hold a lot of water

With all of that being said though I think the Eagles need a stud WR more than they need a stud RB
Eagles can get by at the moment with Sproles, Smallwood, Ajayi, and Clement
It just looks bad because 3 of those 4 RBs were out
Again though if Eagles were looking to trade draft assests I would much rather them concentrate on getting another WR in there to go alongside Jeffrey and add another target for Wentz
That to me is where the Eagles will get the bigger benefit

:2cents:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pass altogether ... for starters, the Eagles are fine at RB. This is Wentz' team and the Offense will flow through him; we are perfectly fine with our 3 to 4 headed RB crew. 2ndly we'd be trading an asset or asset(s) for a rental whom we don't even know what game shape he's in. Thirdly, we are not going to break the bank on a RB with Wentz' contract right around the corner ... RB is the easiest position to fill, makes no sense to commit that kind of cap cash to the position.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope my team doesn't want him and he goes to a team I don't like.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell is looking forward to free agency after this season. How hard is he going to bust his butt on a rental team he gets traded to? If he gets hurt this year it would defeat the purpose of what his ultimate goal is.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. I would rather use that money to get Brandon Graham a new contract, etc. I have no problem with the RBBC we are using now. Let them all get healthy and we will be fine.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no right way. The RBs are financially fucked compared to their peers.

It's a tricky situation to be in. He definitely deserves to get his money, and everyone knows that the Steelers were going to use the shit out of him if he did report. I know he wants long term commitment, but how do you turn down $14M guaranteed, even for one year?