• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

statistical projections for the skins

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agg 300 tops probaly inside the 20 wr first year

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Haskins is a couple less than 27 TDs but close if he continues to grow. I think he throws 12-14 Ints

Kerrigan with at least 8 sacks

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold prediction. Are you predicting RK in a relief role or does he beat out Sweat?

I just think with rotations no teams will be able to double team our DE's constantly pretty much they will have to pick their poison

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold prediction. Are you predicting RK in a relief role or does he beat out Sweat?

I don't think there is anything bold about it. Without injury he most likely gets 8 last year in what would be a bad year compared to his previous two. I have NO idea why you think Sweat beats him out. This is Gruden thinking. I'll award the guy the job before he wins it on the field. The one guy that has a track history is Kerrigan. Sweat one year, Young never played a down.

I have also talked about rotation forever. It is going to happen. I don't care who starts, they are all going to get playing time. So four seems way short to me. We'll see at the end of the year. I can't help but laugh when I see people giving Sweat 11 and Kerrigan 4 when Sweat never had 11 and Kerrigan in his worst year and only year with injury had 5.5. I'll have some of what you all are smoking and if I am wrong you can laugh at me at the end of the year.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is anything bold about it. Without injury he most likely gets 8 last year in what would be a bad year compared to his previous two. I have NO idea why you think Sweat beats him out. This is Gruden thinking. I'll award the guy the job before he wins it on the field. The one guy that has a track history is Kerrigan. Sweat one year, Young never played a down.

I have also talked about rotation forever. It is going to happen. I don't care who starts, they are all going to get playing time. So four seems way short to me. We'll see at the end of the year. I can't help but laugh when I see people giving Sweat 11 and Kerrigan 4 when Sweat never had 11 and Kerrigan in his worst year and only year with injury had 5.5. I'll have some of what you all are smoking and if I am wrong you can laugh at me at the end of the year.

Well, first off it was a serious question because I can see RK beating Sweat out. As for beating Young out...second overall for a reason. RK is not beating him out.

I agree, they will all get playing time. The question becomes, how much? What kind of snap count do you think that is? I am a history fan, so I looked it up. The last time Ron Rivera had two guys, like I am projecting with Young and Sweat, is Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson (2013)...except I think ours are better. Hardy played in 86% of the snaps and Johnson played in 71%. That left 350 snaps total for all DEs in Carolina that season not named Hardy or Johnson. I don’t see RK playing both sides of the end so that will presumably cut into those numbers. That is how I come up with it and see this as the definition of “rotation.”
Carolina Panthers 2013 Snap Counts | Pro-Football-Reference.com

As for Sweat and RK comparisons, all we have to compare is rookie years. Sweat had 7 sacks (5.5 in second half of season) and RK had 7.5. The reason people are giving Sweat 11 and RK 4 is the exp3ctation that RK will be relief, if he is even on this team. The expectation is Young will take all kinds of pressure off Sweat and free him up because you can’t double team everybody.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, first off it was a serious question because I can see RK beating Sweat out. As for beating Young out...second overall for a reason. RK is not beating him out.

I agree, they will all get playing time. The question becomes, how much? What kind of snap count do you think that is? I am a history fan, so I looked it up. The last time Ron Rivera had two guys, like I am projecting with Young and Sweat, is Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson (2013)...except I think ours are better. Hardy played in 86% of the snaps and Johnson played in 71%. That left 350 snaps total for all DEs in Carolina that season not named Hardy or Johnson. I don’t see RK playing both sides of the end so that will presumably cut into those numbers. That is how I come up with it and see this as the definition of “rotation.”
Carolina Panthers 2013 Snap Counts | Pro-Football-Reference.com

As for Sweat and RK comparisons, all we have to compare is rookie years. Sweat had 7 sacks (5.5 in second half of season) and RK had 7.5. The reason people are giving Sweat 11 and RK 4 is the exp3ctation that RK will be relief, if he is even on this team. The expectation is Young will take all kinds of pressure off Sweat and free him up because you can’t double team everybody.

So like I said maybe you are right and maybe I am right. We'll see who has bragging rights when the season is over. :suds:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a very good year for a rookie.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think only 4 guys got double digit sacks year one

Not a lot which is why I said that would be a hell of a first year. 10 sacks is impressive, three FFs would be outstanding.