• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starter Week # 1 is:

Starter Week # 1?

• Newton

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Stidham

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Jones

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Hoyer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things do change. BB has made plenty of changes. Our front office weighs in but mostly on matters of money and administration.

It is entirely possible that BB would get nudged to get rid of Cam but until we have a clear starter, that ain't happening.
Once we have a clear replacement, Cam will ride the bench or retire.....
The cap savings for Newton is $1.9 million, If we cut him before the season.
There is no way we cut him before the season!
If he starts 8 games the cap savings is nothing!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say anywhere that Bill is on a hot seat.
No you did not, but adding oversight to Bill can be construed that way. Jonathan is not a football guy and butting his nose into football operations will go over as well as it did when Bob tried it with Tuna.

I said this is a narrative to give media fodder to mindlessly chew and BB couldn't less how he's portrayed.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say anywhere that Bill is on a hot seat. The Krafts , primarily Johnathan, is taking more control of the team and he'll be around years after BB us gone. He's been influencing his father more and more over the past ten years. Robert Kraft just turned 80 and you can see a marked difference in the man from two years ago.

Johnathan isn't going to allow anyone the latitude that his father gave. He's a not a control freak, but he's not going to let anyone have free run of the farm. People best get used to seeing those changes because there will be more as Robert fades into the background.

I disagree with this entirely. The Krafts are incredibly smart and they've seen what meddling ownership can do to a team(see Cowboys or WFT amongst others).

Bill Belichick is one of the greatest football minds ever and there is no way intelligent ownership is going to fuck with that mojo unless things go completely off the rails.

Having a 7 and 9 Covid induced season after recently winning three Super Bowls and then losing the greatest QB of all time to free agency all while having zero cap space to restock the cabinet is not anywhere near going off the rails. We will need multiple shit seasons before there's even a peep IMO.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this entirely. The Krafts are incredibly smart and they've seen what meddling ownership can do to a team(see Cowboys or WFT amongst others).

Bill Belichick is one of the greatest football minds ever and there is no way intelligent ownership is going to fuck with that mojo unless things go completely off the rails.

Having a 7 and 9 Covid induced season after recently winning three Super Bowls and then losing the greatest QB of all time to free agency all while having zero cap space to restock the cabinet is not anywhere near going off the rails. We will need multiple shit seasons before there's even a peep IMO.
Not to mention they were only two plays away from being 9 & 7.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots will not carry four quarterbacks.
Hoyer's contract was a favor to Hoyer. He will be the first one gone.

He said a long time ago he and his family loved New England and he wanted to retire there.
Bill brought him in as a camp arm only and an emergency back up if two of the others go down.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan is not a football guy
My guess? He's a hell of a lot more knowledgeable than you or I. He does nothing else but run Patriot operations. His brother runs the Cardboard business. Your expressing your opinion and not any fact.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess? He's a hell of a lot more knowledgeable than you or I. He does nothing else but run Patriot operations. His brother runs the Cardboard business. Your expressing your opinion and not any fact.
HaHa Is it BK the fact checker now? This is a forum in which participants share both facts and opinions.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HaHa Is it BK the fact checker now? This is a forum in which participants share both facts and opinions.
You're the one who stated outright that Johnathan is NOT a Football guy. You didn't preface it, you stated it.
Instead of quoting a reliable source, you deflect it back on me as a 'fact checker'. Since Johnathan came up with the deal that prevented the
player strike about ten years ago, I've never seen one negative thing written about him. He's highly respected by owners and players.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed one obvious take. On a scale of 1 to 1,000,000 of knowledgeable individuals, you and I would not rank in the top 100,000 and BB sits at or close to #1. Assuming JK is a hell of a lot more knowledgeable than you or I, would he be approaching #1?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one who stated outright that Johnathan is NOT a Football guy. You didn't preface it, you stated it.
Instead of quoting a reliable source, you deflect it back on me as a 'fact checker'. Since Johnathan came up with the deal that prevented the
player strike about ten years ago, I've never seen one negative thing written about him. He's highly respected by owners and players.
Should I provide a video so you can read my lips? Jonathan Kraft is not a football guy. Being "a football guy" is not a prerequisite for being knowledgeable about football. You have coached so at some level you are a football guy. I played football until high school and don't think that makes me a "football guy". Did Jonathan Kraft play football (Bob's bio says he did for Columbia, but did Jonathan?)?

Someone brought up Jerry Jones and he is a "football guy", but his degree of being such seems to hurt that team. Honestly though, whether JK can be considered a football guy really ruins the point. Even if I conceded that he was, to what degree is he accomplished as a football guy compared to BB.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Certainly with all three practices open to the media, we’ll have a more complete picture at how the Patriots are handling the QB position. It would not surprise me if the Patriots had a different QB among Newton, Jarrett Stidham and Mac Jones taking the top reps each day. And no, I don’t think the reps say anything at this point. We will not know anything about the QB position until very late in training camp, and even then it might switch because there is so much time before the start of the season after the media’s access to practice gets cut off.

Jones is right where he needs to be. If anyone was reading too much into his comments last week ? good luck. Jones knew exactly what he was saying to the media; he’s very smart. There was no way he was going to tell the media that the playbook was easy and he was ahead of schedule. Behind the scenes, the Patriots are very, very comfortable where Jones is. He
s way ahead of every other rookie QB that has been here."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3