• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starlin Castro???

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade for Starlin Castro to play 2nd base and then move him to left field when Cano returns? I'm sure Jeter would love to dump Castro's contract. If the Mariners took .75 cents on the dollar on Castro's contract and then sent them Ben Gamel...

I mean, hell, is Gamel ever going to consistently hit MLB pitching? After he peaked around the end of May last year, he's been pretty god awful since then. And at the time he peaked last year, his BABIP was ridiculously high.

And I don't know if Castro can play LF, but it can't be any harder the second base. Just have to learn the walls and the wall caroms.

And yeah, I know Dipoto said that they would look to replace Robby from within the organization, but that is what we should expect him to say. It's a negotiation ploy. If he isn't looking outside the organization then he should be fired. This team is competing. They deserve all options to be considered.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather bring Gordon Beckham up from Tacoma to fill in for the time being...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not opposed to the idea, and if they'd be willing to just trade Castro for Gamel and the Mariners taking on Castro's contract, I'd do it.

That, or the Mariners could consider moving Dee Gordon to 2B for the time being, starting Heredia in center and trading for an actual corner outfielder to replace Ben Gamel.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not opposed to the idea, and if they'd be willing to just trade Castro for Gamel and the Mariners taking on Castro's contract, I'd do it.

That, or the Mariners could consider moving Dee Gordon to 2B for the time being, starting Heredia in center and trading for an actual corner outfielder to replace Ben Gamel.

They'll never allow Heredia to start everyday

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't want to move Gordon... He was signed for 3 more years... He was brought in to be our CF... I don't want to stunt his development at CF by moving him to 2B for 6-10 weeks...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want to move Gordon... He was signed for 3 more years... He was brought in to be our CF... I don't want to stunt his development at CF by moving him to 2B for 6-10 weeks...

I think filling the gap at 2B by moving Gordon to 2B and acquiring a corner outfielder is a better option than finding a stop-gap at 2B while Robbie is out and potentially moving them to the outfield.

But it doesn't really matter since the team gave the indication moving Gordon to the infield isn't in the equation.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather bring Gordon Beckham up from Tacoma to fill in for the time being...

agreed on beckum

they wont trade gamel cuz he is having a bad start..he only has 52 at bats..he needs to get heated up

beckum is doing as well as any or/most of the AAA infielders..he deserves a call up

there is realy no better option at aaa/ or any other teams AAA...cuz they would have to throw trade material at it that they do not have..... there is always motter as well

i usually go by slg ..as to weather or not... a guy is ready to come to the majors like 630 to 700 or better like vogey

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed on beckum

they wont trade gamel cuz he is having a bad start..he only has 52 at bats..he needs to get heated up

beckum is doing as well as any or/most of the AAA infielders..he deserves a call up

there is realy no better option at aaa/ or any other teams AAA...cuz they would have to throw trade material at it that they do not have..... there is always motter as well

i usually go by slg ..as to weather or not... a guy is ready to come to the majors like 630 to 700 or better like vogey
Except it is not just 52 at bats. Dating back to last July 1st, in his last 98 games, Gamel is slashing .212/.253/.330/.583. For a majority of the time he has spent in MLB, he has shown that he does not have the skill set a player needs to be a starting corner outfielder.

Beckham has a grand total total of 3.9 WAR over his last 8 years combined and has not had a productive season since his rookie year in 2009. Forget what he deserves. I don't care. MLB isn't a touchy feely sport. I'm more concerned about what the team deserves, and it isn't Beckham.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except it is not just 52 at bats. Dating back to last July 1st, in his last 98 games, Gamel is slashing .212/.253/.330/.583. For a majority of the time he has spent in MLB, he has shown that he does not have the skill set a player needs to be a starting corner outfielder.

Beckham has a grand total total of 3.9 WAR over his last 8 years combined and has not had a productive season since his rookie year in 2009. Forget what he deserves. I don't care. MLB isn't a touchy feely sport. I'm more concerned about what the team deserves, and it isn't Beckham.

Has anyone ever been given a golden ticket the way Gamel has from 2 good months? Heredia is the better player than Gamel, Gamel is the 4th OF but Gamel somehow is the golden boy. I love Heredia obviously but now Gamel is on my shit list because of some fan idolizing Gamel made it where I can't chew at Safeco or CenturyLink.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll never allow Heredia to start everyday

That's the maddening part about this whole thing.

Heredia is a better glove in CF then Gordon
Heredia is a hitter then Beckham/Romine
Gordon is a probably a better defender at 2nd then Beckham/Romine

But why risk putting the better team out there to prove a point I guess

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really buy that. He isn't going to suddenly forget how to play CF. And its like we would be asking for a permanent move here. There's no harm in splitting his time between 2nd/CF. I just think rolling Romine/Beckham out there every day is just a giant black hole.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really buy that. He isn't going to suddenly forget how to play CF. And its like we would be asking for a permanent move here. There's no harm in splitting his time between 2nd/CF. I just think rolling Romine/Beckham out there every day is just a giant black hole.

I totally understand the not wanting to move Gordon to 2B, but on the other hand, as a fan I truly don't care about 2019 and 2020. It's kind of like it was in 2014 or whatever year it was that they lost out of the playoffs by one game because they didn't go trade for a bat because they didn't want to give up a prospect.

My opinion is worry about 2018 first and foremost. The organization is all set up for this year anyway.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is worry about 2018 first and foremost. The organization is all set up for this year anyway.

Exactly. There may be an opportunity to compete for the playoffs this year.

After that who really knows.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there goes the playoff hope
Sounds about right. You even utter the word playoffs and the Mariners find a way to mess it up real quick

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about JT Realmuto & Castro for your 2 best prospects?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about JT Realmuto & Castro for your 2 best prospects?

I would do that in a heart beat, except you would get more in return if we just gave you a couple of hotdogs and a bucket of popcorn.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do that in a heart beat, except you would get more in return if we just gave you a couple of hotdogs and a bucket of popcorn.
Might as well throw in some garlic fries too. :pound:

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I'd rather keep Lewis and White thanks.