• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars: The Mandalorian

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it seem like R2 and Grogu knew each other? Grogu seemed more comfortable to go with Luke once he saw R2 and R2 seemed to have lots of happy beeps when he saw Grogu. Grogu was being trained at the Jedi temple at some point before Order 66 and R2 was hanging out with Jedi for about 12-15 years before Order 66, so it's quite possible they might have encountered each other on Coruscant (in a retconned sort of way).

Speaking of Order 66, it would be fun to get a flashback showing how Grogu survived it. But now I'm also wondering what happened to Grogu when Kylo was said to have either killed or recruited all of Luke's students. Not sure if or how they'll ever tell that story but I'd be interested to know that one too. I doubt the intent is to have the viewer assume he was sent away to be killed by Kylo in about 10-15 years. Join him? Maybe. Whatever the case, I wonder if they'll come up with some sort of way to explain his absence in 7, 8, and 9 like they did for Asohka in 3, 4, 5, and 6.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it seem like R2 and Grogu knew each other? Grogu seemed more comfortable to go with Luke once he saw R2 and R2 seemed to have lots of happy beeps when he saw Grogu. Grogu was being trained at the Jedi temple at some point before Order 66 and R2 was hanging out with Jedi for about 12-15 years before Order 66, so it's quite possible they might have encountered each other on Coruscant (in a retconned sort of way).

Speaking of Order 66, it would be fun to get a flashback showing how Grogu survived it. But now I'm also wondering what happened to Grogu when Kylo was said to have either killed or recruited all of Luke's students. Not sure if or how they'll ever tell that story but I'd be interested to know that one too. I doubt the intent is to have the viewer assume he was sent away to be killed by Kylo in about 10-15 years. Join him? Maybe. Whatever the case, I wonder if they'll come up with some sort of way to explain his absence in 7, 8, and 9 like they did for Asohka in 3, 4, 5, and 6.

My guess is Grogu is gone by the time Kylo and crew kill Luke's recruits. Kylo isn't even born yet right now (maybe?) so there's still like plenty of time to pass. Given how slowly Grogu's race ages, he'd probably only be like a 10 year old by the time TFA stars, but I bet he's elsewhere in the galaxy. You know they'll reunite him with Mando at some point.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So next year they will have the book of boba fett I see

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So next year they will have the book of boba fett I see
Pretty happy to see they might be going into the gangster underground. There was supposed to be a video game about the dark grimy gang world that got scrapped. I hope this next season is heavy into a Star Wars Godfather meets Blade Runner kind of thing.

Wonder how much we'll see Din (Mando) in S3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty happy to see they might be going into the gangster underground. There was supposed to be a video game about the dark grimy gang world that got scrapped. I hope this next season is heavy into a Star Wars Godfather meets Blade Runner kind of thing.

Wonder how much we'll see Din (Mando) in S3
I think the BoBF will be its own show, not a hijacking of the Mandalorian...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my initial thought too, but they would both be coming out Dec 2021, and that's not what a business like Disney would do. Plus, the episodes being referred to as chapters, and this being the book of Boba, I think Boba leads season 3.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my initial thought too, but they would both be coming out Dec 2021, and that's not what a business like Disney would do. Plus, the episodes being referred to as chapters, and this being the book of Boba, I think Boba leads season 3.
Interesting.

Boba does qualify as “The Mandalorian”, so that fits.

Maybe this show will become a kind of AHS, but with multiple-season arcs rather than just 1 season per story.?.?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better not be done with him in the show. None the less, the next season will be very interesting to where the show goes.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think its gonna be its own show. Unless Giancarlo Esposito was throwing stuff against the wall to throw people off the scent, he's mentioned in interviews before this season even started that he's gonna be back as Moff Gideon for season 3. Not sure Gideon really fits into Boba'a narrative at all so that makes you believe its gonna be separate shows

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is that Grogu reminded R2 of Yoda... That simple

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much what we all expected. And I agree that I felt like it didn't hit hard enough with the reveal. Still pretty damn good, but just felt like it lacked something more to make it epic.

Also, just to nitpick a little more... Or maybe someone can dismiss this, but I thought it would have been badass to at least see Mando face off with a handful of the Dark Troopers with the Darksaber. Putting his life on the line to protect the child once more, and even earning more respect with Bo-Katan & Fennec. Obviously would have been less finesse & more brute strength as opposed to the jedi, but still would have been badass seeing Mando & the jedi fighting the Dark Troopers together from opposite sides before meeting in the center for the ultimate reveal.

Season 2 was awesome though. Every episode was packed with a great story.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much what we all expected. And I agree that I felt like it didn't hit hard enough with the reveal. Still pretty damn good, but just felt like it lacked something more to make it epic.
Way too much standing around at the end.

The Mando Moff Gideon build up and fight were great. After that? Mando should've then dragged Gideon to the deck. Gideon should've just stood there and laughed while everyone was uncomfortable. Bo-Katan then should've explained the situation. Then instead of watching Luke come up on the monitors, it should've just been lightsaber sound effects and then Luke's voice on the other side as he tries to convince them to open the door. For me, Mark Hamill dialogue would've been way better than lightsaber slice and dice. But maybe thats just me.

The key emotional moment in the episode was Mando taking off his helmet and letting Baby Yoda go. The fanboy stuff didn't really add to that.

But it was still a good episode. I personally would rank the Season 2 episodes: Tragedy > Believer > Rescue > Marshal > Heiress > Jedi > Siege > Passenger

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, and Robert Rodriguez. That's a great group at the helm.
I didn’t watch the vid, but...

ROBERT RODRIGUEZ???

When did he enter the SW universe?

Edit:

I noticed at the time, but forgot that he directed one of the episodes in S2. It doesn’t look like he has any more ties to the universe outside of that, though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t watch the vid, but...

ROBERT RODRIGUEZ???

When did he enter the SW universe?

Edit:

I noticed at the time, but forgot that he directed one of the episodes in S2. It doesn’t look like he has any more ties to the universe outside of that, though.

He did Episode 14 of Mando...

Yep. And with it looking like Boba is taking over Jabba's old crime syndicate, having a guy like Robert Rodriguez tell that story could be A LOT of fun