• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars: The Mandalorian

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 2 special look:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOMORROW!!!!!!!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best show on television.

So does Pedro Pascal actually come back (if there is a season 3) or does he get replaced. Technically doesn't matter since you aren't supposed to see his face

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally watched Season One over the previous few days. I almost gave up after the first 5 episodes which were quite sub-standard. The series finally picked up with episode 6 (the jailbreak story).

The first 5 episodes were dull & uninspiring, and I'd only give those 5 a collective score of 4 out of 10. However, the final 3 episodes were very enjoyable, and definitely raises the overall score of Season One to approx. 6.5 out of 10.

So... it is good enough that I will probably watch Season Two. But IMO, The Mandalorian doesn't come close to the quality of some of my other current favorite dramas such as Better Call Saul, Vikings, The Expanse, Kingdom (South Korea), The Boys, Westworld, The Handmaid's Tale, Fargo, and Killing Eve.

I would put The Mandalorian at the same "OK" or "decent" level as shows such as Raised by Wolves, Star Trek: Discovery, Cobra Kai, The Terror, and The Walking Dead. Those are all "OK" shows that I watch, but wouldn't shed a tear if they were cancelled.

Final note... Giancarlo Esposito portrays awesome villains, and he currently plays villains in three current shows that I watch: Better Call Saul (Gus Fring), The Boys (Mr Edgar), and The Mandalorian (Moff Gideon). Kudos to Giancarlo Esposito!

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First episode was solid. If you're expecting it to pick back up after the big events of last season, you're gonna be disappointed. This was more along the lines of your adventure of the week type episodes. But its a fun one, basically a straight Western.

Not just a Western, almost like an episode of Justified with Timothy Olyphant being there, lol. Also, that's totally Boba Fett at the end. Wonder how he got out of the Sarlacc. Some cool easter eggs in the episode too; R5-D4 cameo, Anakin's podracer engine was Cobb's speeder, the Krayt Dragon pearl at the end was shout out to the Knights of the Old Republic video game

Unrelated request; the streaming site I use (ololo) is no longer operational. I found a workable one for this ep, but if any of you know of any good streaming sites, send them to me with a PM.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dug dragon together.

We are really spoiled when it comes to tv right now. Those special effects were great. That's the type of thing that probably plays well around the world. The casting is almost too on the nose but it's great.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pretty big reveal at the end. Technically could be a clone trooper, but almost certainly who we think it is. The actor would probably be between the ages of those 2 possibilities but could probably make it work either way.

Apparently Timothy Olyphant was riding Anakin's podracer. Could be a cool story to learn how he got that but it will probably be in a comic or book and won't see it on the show even if we see that character again.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 2 was so fucking cute. Mando needs to get that kid some snacks!

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 2 was alright. Kind of seemed like filler. My favorite parts were when the frog lady used the droid to communicate. It just made her seem really creepy and intimidating all of a sudden, which wasn't an easy task after her species was used for lame attempts at cheap humor in TLJ.

I also liked the back and forth with Mando and the New Republic guys, especially when he said "May the Force be with you" so awkwardly. Reminded me of Han on the Death Star in Episdoe 4. It took me a while to clue in what he had he had to hide since he had nothing to do with the Empire. It wasn't until they mentioned his ship being involved in the breakout that I finally clued in.

Giant ice spiders? Weren't we supposed to see those in another high budget fantasy series that Perdo Pascal was involved in?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of episodes like #2. It was capable characters doing dumb things in the name of urgency. It was really well shot, though, but ultimately felt like they have something way bigger planned down the line and they just needed to get these characters moving and removing some of their power so that they will likely be overwhelmed both in that episode and somewhere down the line.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 2 was alright. Kind of seemed like filler. My favorite parts were when the frog lady used the droid to communicate. It just made her seem really creepy and intimidating all of a sudden, which wasn't an easy task after her species was used for lame attempts at cheap humor in TLJ.

I also liked the back and forth with Mando and the New Republic guys, especially when he said "May the Force be with you" so awkwardly. Reminded me of Han on the Death Star in Episdoe 4. It took me a while to clue in what he had he had to hide since he had nothing to do with the Empire. It wasn't until they mentioned his ship being involved in the breakout that I finally clued in.

Giant ice spiders? Weren't we supposed to see those in another high budget fantasy series that Perdo Pascal was involved in?

Kind of? LOL...40 minutes and plot went nowhere...but there were spiders and lots of Baby Yodles...so my kid was happy...therefore I am happy.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of episodes like #2. It was capable characters doing dumb things in the name of urgency. It was really well shot, though, but ultimately felt like they have something way bigger planned down the line and they just needed to get these characters moving and removing some of their power so that they will likely be overwhelmed both in that episode and somewhere down the line.

The "ice scene cave" looked so fake

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like season 1, many of the storylines are homages of classic westerns. Last season, episode # 4 was clearly a tribute to "The Magnificent Seven." This season, episode one was a tribute to either Seth Bullock and/or Raylan Givens. Number 2 is adapted from "Stagecoach."

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't care for either of the first two episodes in this season. Bad dialogue and horrible stories. Too many plot holes as well.

If they don't start blowing up more shit people are going to lose interest

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New episode sprung the "main" plot into the next gear and had quite a bit of backstory/history

FUCK YEAH! Bo-Katan!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we knew Ahsoka was going to show up, to have her actually name-dropped was fucking awesome! Cant wait to see he portrayed in live action!

And having her mention the Darksaber by name was further fanboy jizz-inducement.

in Ep4, we basically have it confirmed that cloning is part of the big picture. Not clear if baby yoda is a clone himself or not, though.

Sad hearing Dune talk about being from Alderaan. Nice scene, though.