• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the less we get of old man, nice guy, often helmetless Boba the better (not faulting the actor).

So in this episode he was outshined by Mando, Luke, Grogu, Ahsoka, Cad Bane, Cobb Vanth and arguably R2-D2 and it was the probably the best episode of the series if not all 3 seasosn of Star Wars TV shows. But hey, he was in an 8th place tie with Fennic and Krrsantan for most bad-ass character in this episode of his own show and at least he beat out the annoying rookie deputy.

Last edited:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was cool to see Luke and Ahsoka interact. I thought he Luke might have inherited his father's nickname she had for him but they are both so serious all the time in these TV shows. Hopefully in the Ahsoka show we see them meeting for the first time and hopefully they lighten up a bit.

Speaking of which, I think eventually they'll allow Grogu to have both the lightsaber and the armor. If so, I suspect we'll eventually find out somehow that the beskar armor helped him survive a 2nd jedi purge.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clone Wars is essential viewing before this episode, imo.
They really leaned on Ahsoka’s back story, and you need to know who Cad Bane is to really understand his scene.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was cool to see Luke and Ahsoka interact. I thought he Luke might have inherited his father's nickname she had for him but they are both so serious all the time in these TV shows. Hopefully in the Ahsoka show we see them meeting for the first time and hopefully they lighten up a bit.

Speaking of which, I think eventually they'll allow Grogu to have both the lightsaber and the armor. If so, I suspect we'll eventually find out somehow that the beskar armor helped him survive a 2nd jedi purge.
I got the sense that Luke and Ahsoka have a back story going into this ep. They were not new acquaintances. I would guess that they have a brother/sister relationship (as does Leah), even thoug Ahsoka is considerably older than L&L

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Grogu might have some influence on Luke’s leaving the Order. I think Ahsoka’s history with the Order, and obviously Kylo’s purge have their influence as well, but if Grogu does get both the armor and the saber, that would indicate that he leaves the Order himself at some point as well.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really leaned on Ahsoka’s back story, and you need to know who Cad Bane is to really understand his scene.
Yup. There is so much back and forth between Ahsoka and Anakin in Clone Wars that getting a scene with her and Luke is epic levels of geek satisfaction. To the point where it slightly overshadowed Grogu and Mando which is the peak geek level in the Mandalorian.

I dont think you need to know Cad Bane to find that scene good but if you do then really know how little chance Raylan has. At first I wasn't sure which assassin it was but I knew it was a Clone Wars assassin right away. On second glance, it was obvious but...yeah..

The show got good. Fast.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. There is so much back and forth between Ahsoka and Anakin in Clone Wars that getting a scene with her and Luke is epic levels of geek satisfaction. To the point where it slightly overshadowed Grogu and Mando which is the peak geek level in the Mandalorian.

I dont think you need to know Cad Bane to find that scene good but if you do then really know how little chance Raylan has. At first I wasn't sure which assassin it was but I knew it was a Clone Wars assassin right away. On second glance, it was obvious but...yeah..

The show got good. Fast.
I knew it was him the second he was seen in the distance. I had to look him up to remember his name, but I was 99% certain it was him.

Some of the stuff he said was very hypocritical, though. Him taking the moral high ground in regards to Boba having worked with the Empire was pretty rich, but Cad Bane has always been pretty ruthless.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show got good. Fast.

I agree, but what the hell took them so long?

The bar bombing scene alone... Aside from the Mando and Jedi stuff, that small scene is what this series should be about: war in the criminal underground. Instead we got trips to the local mayor and really boring team building for 4 episodes. They should have crammed the Mods and Black Krrsantan into 1 episode early and started the show off with a syndicate terrorist bombing or two to up the stakes. It feels like the story is just starting and there's 1 episode left.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The marketing/packaging of this show is just puzzling. Why completely ignore the title character for 2 episodes, right when the his story should be totally ramping up?

I love the last 2 eps. They both would rank as top 5 or so Mando episodes. But they just feel completely out of place in a show called Boba Fett.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a shit that the show isn't really about Boba Fett. Episode 6 was fucking awesome

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the stuff he said was very hypocritical, though. Him taking the moral high ground in regards to Boba having worked with the Empire was pretty rich, but Cad Bane has always been pretty ruthless.
I figure that was just him trying to appeal to Cobb Vanth's judgmental side. Cobb let someone live and Im sure Cad Bane was told all about the situation. Having Cobb alive and on the syndicate's side would've been significantly more valuable than killing him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a shit that the show isn't really about Boba Fett. Episode 6 was fucking awesome
Yeah, I thought the internet overacted a little bit to episode 5. It was just a decent Mandalorian episode imo although that was a step up from what we were watching previous.

Episode 6 is probably the best Star Wars episode they've shown on Disney+ so far imo.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boba Fatt.

Let's be honest, that jet pack is gettin' off the ground 1 foot tops.

Disney, 'Disney'd' it again. When they said Kathleen Kennedy would be involved I immediately shelved watching it. Gotta have a kind old fat bald guy on there who is a soft teddy bear now to appease the kiddies and their snowflake adults.

If I had kids I think Disney (at least 21st century) would be banned in my household. Of course my kids could watch TV. I'll plug in Predator, Aliens, Tremors, and Goodfellas for em'.

Last edited:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's clear now this isn't really 'Boba Fett's show'. It's just a little detour of The Mandalorian.

6muyqpr74tf81.png

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far it’s boring af. Thank god Mando and grogu showed up the last two shows to make it worth watching

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they make Boba Fett look like a do-gooder coalition builder and the best 2 episodes of BOBF have the least to do with the title character or the plot created by the previous episodes. ...Makes perfect sense...smh

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they make Boba Fett look like a do-gooder coalition builder and the best 2 episodes of BOBF have the least to do with the title character or the plot created by the previous episodes. ...Makes perfect sense...smh
In my head canon…

Kennedy and Filoni are wrestling for control. Kennedy said she can make BF a loved character and her eps would be best. Filoni said, “give me just 2 episodes to prove my point”, and he brought in Mando and blew Kennedy away.

As reward for his victory, Filoni now “owns” the IP.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Yoda did have his lightsaber when he went into exile cause I thought it got destroyed along with the other Jedi lightsabers.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Yoda did have his lightsaber when he went into exile cause I thought it got destroyed along with the other Jedi lightsabers.

Apparently he rebuilt it in one of the comics.