• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Trek: Discovery

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure this looks good enough to make me subscribe to CBS online.

And we have yet another Klingon facial structure? Why? They explained the differences between the TOS and TNG faces, now they will have introduce a third for STD?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Star Trek.
This looks great but we will see.
Since it is set before Kirk and Spock, the playbook is completely open.

It might be as good as TNG and the original, or as bad as Enterprise, although I liked all of them.
Star Trek fans are very forgiving overall and very critical all at the same time, but it comes from not having any good science fiction on TV.

Maybe having a Woman as Captain will be different this time.
Janeway, in Voyager, always made the worst decisions and always got her ass kicked which I didn't like at all. And Chakotay was just a terrible actor. (see Sisko below).

Deep Space Nine was ok when it started, but lacked a lot. It was more like a galactic bus station, and Sisko never did anything for me, he was just a terrible actor. They tightened it up the last couple of years and it was much better when Worf got there.

This one looks to have a lot of diversity of species which will help, I think.
All comes down to the writers of the show.

Didn't even know this was in the works.
Glad you brought this up.
I'll be watching.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, shit.
I didn't even know this was a thing.
What exactly is CBS "online".
This might be a deal breaker.
CBS is actually very smart with the idea. They see that the future does not exist in the world of broadcast, it is in streaming, so they are trying to get their foot in the door on that market.

CBS All Access has been around for a couple years. Basically, it is HULU, but only for CBS (I think). They have a few original shows on there as well. They had the last season of Big Brother exclusively there, and now Star Trek. I think they had some other stuff as well. I have no idea how much they charge. I will look into it when this starts up.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only watched Voyager to see Seven of Nine.

MMMM
7 of Hooters

7of9_s4a.jpg

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume there is some trial period for the CBS All Access thing. Probably worth going for it and checking out Discovery. Can always cancel if it ends up sucking.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Star Trek.
This looks great but we will see.
Since it is set before Kirk and Spock, the playbook is completely open.

It might be as good as TNG and the original, or as bad as Enterprise, although I liked all of them.
Star Trek fans are very forgiving overall and very critical all at the same time, but it comes from not having any good science fiction on TV.

Maybe having a Woman as Captain will be different this time.
Janeway, in Voyager, always made the worst decisions and always got her ass kicked which I didn't like at all. And Chakotay was just a terrible actor. (see Sisko below).

Deep Space Nine was ok when it started, but lacked a lot. It was more like a galactic bus station, and Sisko never did anything for me, he was just a terrible actor. They tightened it up the last couple of years and it was much better when Worf got there.

This one looks to have a lot of diversity of species which will help, I think.
All comes down to the writers of the show.

Didn't even know this was in the works.
Glad you brought this up.
I'll be watching.
Jason Isaacs is also on the show. Great actor, I think it's going to be good

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS is actually very smart with the idea. They see that the future does not exist in the world of broadcast, it is in streaming, so they are trying to get their foot in the door on that market.

CBS All Access has been around for a couple years. Basically, it is HULU, but only for CBS (I think). They have a few original shows on there as well. They had the last season of Big Brother exclusively there, and now Star Trek. I think they had some other stuff as well. I have no idea how much they charge. I will look into it when this starts up.

Yeah, cable pretty much has gone the way of Hulu,netflix etc so the networks are realizing this and starting these "new changes"

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching it now.

My live reactions as I watch...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they explain in the aesthetic change to the Klingons. If the ignore it, I will be disappointed...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the opening credits, but I will let it grow on me.

It doesn’t have the sense of epic ness that TOS, TNG, DS9 or Voyager had. While it seems better than Enterprise, it is closer to the Enterprise open than the others.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like this takes place pre-Khitomer...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

I would think a pilot would offer more meat to chew on and digest. Especially if they actually want people to PAY for the show.

That just didn’t entice me nearly enough to actually make me want to change my habits AND pay for it.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I watched the pilot. As a life-long Trek fan, I had to.

But I won't pay to watch this series...no way.

And the Klingon remake was ridiculous. It took THREE series to explain the previous change in their appearance. If this series is set before the original, but after "Enterprise," they should look almost human.

Lack of continuity, and respect for the prior incarnations of the show, doesn't cut it with me.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they explain in the aesthetic change to the Klingons. If the ignore it, I will be disappointed...

A bigger makeup budget? Forehead ridge of the week alien becomes full face treatment of the week alien?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the opening credits, but I will let it grow on me.

It doesn’t have the sense of epic ness that TOS, TNG, DS9 or Voyager had. While it seems better than Enterprise, it is closer to the Enterprise open than the others.

Seriously?

I'd put all of those earlier shows at <3 on the epic scale.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll watch it again if it's on tv, not subscribing for anything.

It was tough to watch last night. Why in hell would they put Perry Mason, Columbo, The new Star Trek, and a Battlestar Galactica marathon all on at the same time?

Bastards!

I almost wore out my remote.