• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford one-up'd Dan O'

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlovsky's famous endzone safety blunder has nothing on Stafford's slide today. Inexcusable.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should of put a poll up on this one

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest bitch moves I've witnessed. You fight for yards there. Hell, you fight for inches. But it was trumped by how incredibly dumb it was to not kick the field goal.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest bitch moves I've witnessed. You fight for yards there. Hell, you fight for inches. But it was trumped by how incredibly dumb it was to not kick the field goal.

The thing is, he didn't even have to fight for it. He had it! Just keep running/angling out of bounds!

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were down 18 points with a couple minutes left in the fourth quarter of a regular season ballgame in November. Do you know who else slides there? I'll assure you the list is long and distinguished, and includes names such as; Manning, Brady, Montana, Elway, Marino, etc. Do you know who wouldn't have slid there? Mike Vick. No way he slides. Robert Griffen I I I. I bet you anything he doesn't slide there either. I'm sure you can find plenty of other guys too, my best advice to start looking for them is look at guys who missed significant portions of multiple seasons due to injury.

Besides that, go watch the replay. The guy holding the stick backs up field a full step as Stafford is running. Right as Stafford gets to the guy holding the stick he slides. Which is completely understandable, QB's are taught to slide. All of our hopes go completely down the tubes if Matty gets hurt there. In fact I cant even believe how many people seem to think he should have gambled our season on that one play.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, he didn't even have to fight for it. He had it! Just keep running/angling out of bounds!

Yep, it would have been a first down AND a stop of the clock. There's no reason/excuse to go to the ground in that situation.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I was pissed at Stafford on the play, I find it unrealistic for someone to comment about it being the dumbest play ever. I think he flat out misjudged it or didnt realize what he did until he done it. Common mistake we all make. It should've never even been a fourth down play anyway.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of our hopes go completely down the tubes if Matty gets hurt there.

I don't know what's worse, the fact this is true, or that we couldn't replace a guy with a 1.3 TD to INT ratio and a qb rating of 83.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know my comprehension is bad at times. I am thinking Smitty was talking about the lack of a FG attempt and not the Stafford run? Just maybe I am wrong here and read wrong also...

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like that we kicked a field goal earlier, but once that decision was made it was very stupid to go for it the next time. We kicked the field goal earlier making us need 2 TDs one 2 point and one field goal to tie it. Then we forego a field goal and go for it on 4th and ten. Don't get me started about pretending to go for it then calling a time out to send out the field goal unit on the last one.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I know my comprehension is bad at times. I am thinking Smitty was talking about the lack of a FG attempt and not the Stafford run? Just maybe I am wrong here and read wrong also...

Yeah, Caldwell was incredibly dumb.

FS broke down the reasons.