• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stadium location

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is awful. Glendale works for the Cardinals since they only have 8 home games a year and they're at least 1 week in between so fans will make it there for the day no matter what and plan ahead of time to get there.

The arena and everything surrounding it is awesome, don't get me wrong, but if they want to attract more fans they need to move it closer to the East Valley. Should've built the stadium in Chandler, Scottsdale or Mesa and I promise you they would be getting much better attendance #'s.

It's not so much that no one cares, it's just that it's a pain in the ass for everyone living in the Gilbert/Mesa/Chandler area to commute there. Takes about an hour and 15 mins to drive there with the traffic. Wish they would've been smarter about the location before they built it. :L

Because I sure as hell would attend at least 10+ games a year instead of just 2 or 3 if it was closer.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree. Building it way East would have been way wiser than way West. East Mesa would be ideal. I'd go to probably 5-7 games per year (would even consider Seasons if they were a little better). Now I go to maybe 1 game for the reasons you cited above.

I enjoy the Cards games even more, but typically only get to one per year and would probably see 3-4 if more conveniently located. The Cards are a bigger draw though by far and can get away with it.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is quite the drive for me from the foothills of ahwatukee. Especially when there is rush hour traffic! I still have partial season tickets but it would be much more convenient for the majority of fans.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole area is super nice though. Great bars and restaurants. I think they were tying for an LA Live kind of thing. Agreed it is a decent commute for most of the valley.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been awesome to keep everything near downtown PHX though.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have done a nice job with the Westgate area, but it's nothing that doesn't either already exist elsewhere (arguably with far better quality) or could easily exist should it move to the East Valley. At the end of the day, it's about the stadium.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole area is super nice though. Great bars and restaurants. I think they were tying for an LA Live kind of thing. Agreed it is a decent commute for most of the valley.

Yeah, the actual arena and everything that surrounds it is dope. Just wish it wasn't located so far.

The Cardinals are the only team that works there because when you go to an NFL game, it's usually going to be a planned out day trip (if you tailgate) so you'll be there quite a while and it's worth it.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP you are very correct my sir. Should have been built by Scottsdale/Mesa. It's a hour commute from my house with traffic. For football that is fine but an entire NHL season is BS. I'm not driving to Glendale to see the shit show they put on the ice and call a hockey team.

Most the hockey players in this state are located in the East Valley. It just makes sense to have the stadium where the f'ing hockey is. I bet the Ice Den pulls bigger crowds than the Yotes most nights.

It feels like this team will be relocated eventually so it's scary to invest lots of time and money into them. If they could get a decent goal scorer and remove Smitty's head out of his ass this team would be a playoff contender.

We haven't had one offense draft pick work out as an elite goal scorer. Our points leader is fucking Keith Yandle. Defense seems to be the only high point for this team. I hope we trade Shane Doan so he can get a Cup before he retires. And I Feel so sorry for Dave Tipett. One of the best coached in the league hands down.

Sorry for the rant

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP you are very correct my sir. Should have been built by Scottsdale/Mesa. It's a hour commute from my house with traffic. For football that is fine but an entire NHL season is BS. I'm not driving to Glendale to see the shit show they put on the ice and call a hockey team.

Most the hockey players in this state are located in the East Valley. It just makes sense to have the stadium where the f'ing hockey is. I bet the Ice Den pulls bigger crowds than the Yotes most nights.

It feels like this team will be relocated eventually so it's scary to invest lots of time and money into them. If they could get a decent goal scorer and remove Smitty's head out of his ass this team would be a playoff contender.

We haven't had one offense draft pick work out as an elite goal scorer. Our points leader is fucking Keith Yandle. Defense seems to be the only high point for this team. I hope we trade Shane Doan so he can get a Cup before he retires. And I Feel so sorry for Dave Tipett. One of the best coached in the league hands down.

Sorry for the rant

I thought the same thing about Tippett! He has to be shaking his head after how his team has completely forgotten how to play fundamental hockey! Even the defense, which he preaches, had a ROUGH start to the year. I want to believe that smitty still has it but it just isn't showing on the ice.