• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

St. Thomas (DIII) kicked out of MIAC for winning too much

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that confirms it....minnesota is full of fags

hope they find their safe spaces asap

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more concerned how they're called St. Thomas and its rival is Saint John's.

Pick a damn spelling and stick with it.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could end up for the best. I feel like if Bama was kicked from the SEC every conference would be knocking on the door to get them. Same idea here.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two words....david shula. this too shall end
These decisions are also pretty short-sighted. If they're set up to keep winning for the next ~5 years someone could jump at that opportunity.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more concerned how they're called St. Thomas and its rival is Saint John's.

Pick a damn spelling and stick with it.

I mean if they're rivals doesn't it kind of make more sense to use different spellings?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bullshit decision.

They didn't complain when Saint John's was winning all those titles.

It all centers around coaching at those levels. Who can do the most with what they can find.
Just better coaching at St Thomas. The guy knows what he can do with what he's got. He develops
a "program" not just a "good" team here or there.

I researched, a few years ago, what made Mt Union, so damn good. Obviously it was how they
developed and maintained their program. All the other schools in their league followed suit but
I'm going to assume that Mt Union still gets better players, for their level, than the other schools.

Mt Union has become so good because they play JV football. (The whole league does, now) They play
very few frosh on the Varsity. And their JV's play 7 or 8 games a year. They get those kids experience
playing at a 13th and 14th grade level. (For lack of a better term))

Each year they replace departed seniors with youngsters that have played as many games as the folks
that have departed. They make do with what they've got and do it better than their competition.

Big Z 1990

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've proposed a split of the DII Northern Sun Conference along state lines. 6 of the 7 non-Minnesota schools in the conference (all of them except D1-bound Augustana) would leave to form a new conference, adding Dakota State, Dickinson State, Central (IA), Peru State and UW-Whitewater from lower levels, and NU-Kearney from the MIAA.

The Minnesota schools, retaining the NSIC name, add not only St. Thomas but also Gustavus Adolphus and the tandem of Saint John's and Saint Benedict from the MIAA come 2021.

What is happening to St. Thomas is really an opportunity to move up to the next level.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've proposed a split of the DII Northern Sun Conference along state lines. 6 of the 7 non-Minnesota schools in the conference (all of them except D1-bound Augustana) would leave to form a new conference, adding Dakota State, Dickinson State, Central (IA), Peru State and UW-Whitewater from lower levels, and NU-Kearney from the MIAA.

The Minnesota schools, retaining the NSIC name, add not only St. Thomas but also Gustavus Adolphus and the tandem of Saint John's and Saint Benedict from the MIAA come 2021.

What is happening to St. Thomas is really an opportunity to move up to the next level.

Which league would UCF play in?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those other schools need to be able to convince 100 HS dudes to get their parents to pay 35K/year so they can keep playing football.

Gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pussies.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying I agree with this decision, after all the MIAC didn't boot St. John's when Gagliardi was there and was so dominant, but there may be more going on here than meets the eye. I saw another article that pointed out that St. Thomas has an enrollment that is about double anybody else in the conference, which is something the ESPN article linked pretty much glosses over. So there's a case that St. Thomas would maybe be better suited for DII instead.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are that good, maybe they should consider moving up to D2 football.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could end up for the best. I feel like if Bama was kicked from the SEC every conference would be knocking on the door to get them. Same idea here.
Hell, I think the conferences should kick out the other end of the spectrum for not being worth a shit. Oregon State, Rutgers, Kansas, etal.

That would also mean C-USA would say adios to my Miners...and we deserve it.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying I agree with this decision, after all the MIAC didn't boot St. John's when Gagliardi was there and was so dominant, but there may be more going on here than meets the eye. I saw another article that pointed out that St. Thomas has an enrollment that is about double anybody else in the conference, which is something the ESPN article linked pretty much glosses over. So there's a case that St. Thomas would maybe be better suited for DII instead.
Not sure that makes as much difference at the college level like it does at the high school level.

Quick Look
Wake Forest has 7,500 students and Florida State has 32,000.
TCU has 10,000 students and Texas has 51,000