• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Square grooves.. what do you think?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will always give my honest take.. It makes a differnce to "long ballers" ball restrictions have been around for awhile and the only one that has been not affected to date is Tiger. The bullshit going around w/ Phil's wedge is overblown, 18 other players used the "ping" wedge last week. I have not played much golf on the west coast, but I expect some funny shit to start happening when they get to Florida.. I wonder how they will set up Augusta National? Even par has been a goal of theirs ever since Tiger torched it in 1998

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know much about them, but if they're are supposedly banned(except for that grandfather clause thing) then all of them should be banned just to atleast give the perception of fairness.

Son of a bitch I'm posting in a golf forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest difference will be w/ the wedge shots... It is such a small difference usually, but less grass will be funneled away from the clubface when hitting the ball. There won't be any difference for those who are hitting it "on the screws" but I expect cut lines to be dramatically "higher" than last year. It won't affect the ones who are playing well.

Bone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at Golf Galaxy in Syracuse yesterday and found an old Ping Eye 2 wedge. It was only $20. I should have bought it and put it up on ebay- but I think the drama is over. Unless Phil puts it back in his bag, which I hope he does.

Scott McCaron is a little bitch for calling Phil out like that. Especially when you use a belly putter. Some players think that is cheating but they don't call out everyone who uses them.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. If the clubs are available to everyone, then they should be allowed. If somebody makes some kind of rocket propelled club/ball in their garage, then that should be banned.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't see a big difference until the tour gets down into Florida and into the summer when there will actually be rough to contend with.. It will force accuracy from the tee. I like the idea.