• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Spurs @ Cavs on ABC now

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie 9/17 for 21, LeBron 10/17 for 29, KLove 8/13 for 21...only the 2nd time all year the Cavs big 3 have all scored twenty in a game- the other time? yesterday against the Pistons.

Do i think its coincidence that the only 2 times the Cavs big 3 have each scored 20 in a game is the last two games- against some pretty solid teams?--- No- i do not think it is coincidence.

Ok

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Title hopes resting on a 40-year old man. It's a pretty safe bet that we'll see a lot of rest for Duncan.

Hopefully February 9th vs Miami is one of those rest days. Need to get Timmy that extended AS break rest

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie 9/17 for 21, LeBron 10/17 for 29, KLove 8/13 for 21...only the 2nd time all year the Cavs big 3 have all scored twenty in a game- the other time? yesterday against the Pistons.

Do i think its coincidence that the only 2 times the Cavs big 3 have each scored 20 in a game is the last two games- against some pretty solid teams?--- No- i do not think it is coincidence.
I do.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skipped this game for "The History of the Eagles" on CNN. Looks like I made the right call

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Nice win. Although it means nothing ( unless it somehow determines HC in June) like the Warriors loss, it's more fun to win.

2. Certainly not shocking that the Cavs would be in the mindset to play very hard right now after the coaching change.

3. Cavs big test is having everyone stay healthy until it counts, not anything before that.

4. Championships are won by teams that can adjust over a 7 game series, and most important, defend.
It looks to me, so far, that Lue wants to run, and run, to negate the importance of D because it clearly isn't Love or Kyries strength. Problem is, the games always slow down in the playoffs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Nice win. Although it means nothing ( unless it somehow determines HC in June) like the Warriors loss, it's more fun to win.

2. Certainly not shocking that the Cavs would be in the mindset to play very hard right now after the coaching change.

3. Cavs big test is having everyone stay healthy until it counts, not anything before that.

4. Championships are won by teams that can adjust over a 7 game series, and most important, defend.
It looks to me, so far, that Lue wants to run, and run, to negate the importance of D because it clearly isn't Love or Kyries strength. Problem is, the games always slow down in the playoffs.

Very good insight.

What this game tells me more than anything is that the result from Monday's GS/SA game is completely irrelevant.

I think GS is best, but we will not know for sure until the West Finals. The Spurs will not show GS everything they have until then. I don't think there is another truly meaningful regular season game on the NBA schedule from here on out, aside from the Warriors' pursuit of history.

The lone exception could be Raptors/Cavs. Perhaps the Raptors can sneak up on Cleveland. They are playing well and could prove to be a matchup nightmare for the Cavs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TIMMY for Defensive Player of the Year. He deserves it this year.

1st in Defensive rating
1st in Defensive box +/-

This team has looked like shit defensive without him the last 3 games on defense.
I am worried that the Magic might drop 100+ on them without Duncan.

He is the still the best player and heart and soul of the team.

Yep, even at 175 years old, The Big Fundamental still brings it on defense. Dude is pretty amazing. He still does it the way he always has, being smart and fundamentally sound.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imo, the smartest thing the Cavs have done is get Love involved early. Unlike Lebron and Kyrie, he can't just take the ball and get himself a shot whenever he wants. He needs someone to get him the ball for him to be involved in the offense. If Lebron and Kyrie continue to do that, it will help the offense tremendously.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic until we get more of a reasonable sample size going... but I'm really liking what I've seen from the Cavs this past week. Making much better use of their offensive weapons and still putting in the effort on defense.

I was impressed by Simmons on the Spurs. I don't think I'd ever even heard of him before. Where do the Spurs keep getting these hidden gems from?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic until we get more of a reasonable sample size going... but I'm really liking what I've seen from the Cavs this past week. Making much better use of their offensive weapons and still putting in the effort on defense.

I was impressed by Simmons on the Spurs. I don't think I'd ever even heard of him before. Where do the Spurs keep getting these hidden gems from?

He was on their D league team for 3 years i believe

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win, Cavs Fans.

I know people say regular Season is irrelevant.

But, this has to be a confidence builder...especially for Love.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hoepfully they continue to play with the same strategy as they have been the last couple games. Lue has really pushed them to do these key things but will he continue to push it. And will Lebron continue to go to the bucket and stop taking outside shots lol. It will be hard to beat the Spurs or Warriors 4 games even if they do all this. Defense will have to step up regardless

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win, Cavs Fans.

I know people say regular Season is irrelevant.

But, this has to be a confidence builder...especially for Love.
i love how this thread would be exponentially longer if the Cavs would have lost....lol....cost of doing business though i suppose.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoepfully they continue to play with the same strategy as they have been the last couple games. Lue has really pushed them to do these key things but will he continue to push it. And will Lebron continue to go to the bucket and stop taking outside shots lol. It will be hard to beat the Spurs or Warriors 4 games even if they do all this. Defense will have to step up regardless
watching LeBron actually be the roller on the pick and roll is just ridiculous. He is uncoverable in that spot- but he just loves having the ball in his hands...he needs to play off the ball a little more- we have better ball movement a lot of the time.

Its been so overdue its not even funny to have Love operate at the elbows and facilitate the offense from there. He is amazing at that- hopefully this doesnt fade out- hopefully they keep on taking advantage of one of the very best passing bigs in the NBA and let Love do his thing from the spots he likes- a novel idea right?

the team just seems to have a better feel

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cav's throwback uniforms from this game are the best.