• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Spurs at Warriors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope no one get upset at me for starting this game thread. Okay, now I realize that I'm not allowed to do this. Was trying to edit my post to add the date and time and couldn't do it. Sorry.

Date is 11-11-14, 7:30 PST tip

It looks like there is much in doubt as to who is going to start for both teams. The Spurs have their vets take off on a lot of B2b games and K. Thompson missed the last game with a hand injury, though nothing is broken. My guess is that Thompson starts, but I have no idea who plays for the Spurs. I say that they won't bench their starters for 2 back to back B2bs.

The Spurs won't give up easy baskets and my guess is that it will be a low scoring game. They just held the Clippers to 85 points in Los Angeles.

I think that the Warriors come back strong, take care of the ball, have Klay starting and get the win over the Spurs. Score 101-91.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg, we'll only be getting upset with you if the Dubs lose. Way to step up, though.

So will Pop do his normal back-to-back benching of his aging stars? If so, then if Klay's wrist is still hurting at all, he should be sat and players like Iggy, Livingston and Barbosa will need to step up for this one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say that I know now often Pop sits those older guys, but I wouldn't think that he'd do it after EVERY B2b game. The Spurs are only 3-3 and I'll take a guess that they play everyone. I just think that the Dubs will really be focused on taking care of the ball and play inspired b-ball to get the taste of their first defeat out of their system.

I hope all of the Spurs play and we run them out of the building to make a statement.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Thompson is back, this will be a real test to where the Dubs are truly at.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news : Dubs didn't turn the ball over 20+ times tonight, they still lost though

Bad news : 1 Offensive Rebound only , UGH. AI#9's lack of production is now reaching La Ta level of concern for me. Currently average 6.8 pts, 3.3 boards, 3 dimes a game. He wasn't brought here to be a background player, he needs to produce.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennis or some else start the next game thread, We will keep switching this up until we find a winner again.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I began watching the game near the end of the 3rd qtr.... so can someone please tell me if Bogut wasn't sick or injured, why didn't Kerr put him in the game ?
He didn't play 1 min of the 4th and could have really used him.
The Spurs had way too many offensive boards, and lots of points in, or around the paint.

:L

Last edited by a moderator:

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I began watching the game near the end of the 3rd qtr.... so can someone please tell me if Bogut wasn't sick or injured, why didn't Kerr put him in the game ?
He didn't play 1 min of the 4th and could have really used him.
The Spurs had way too many offensive boards, and lots of points in, or around the paint.

:L

Listening to the post game interview, Kerr felt SPeights was providing needed offensive off the bench, and that's why he left SPeights in there.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a meeting of boys v men for both players and coaches.

Steph Curry may be one of The Association's fastest rising stars and arguably the most fun player to watch, but Tony Parker showed us the stuff of champions last night. Parker played just 30 minutes, but was in total control of himself and his team for virtually every second. Curry, not so much.

It seemed like Kerr was trying in vein all night to match up with Pop's substitutions. Pop manged Parker perfectly on the back end of two straight, and rotated Duncan well enough to get 35 out of the big man. Also, I concur with the previous criticism questioning Bogut's fourth quarter absence.

But even with both of those match-up defeats, the Dubs still could have pulled one out if the collection of Iggy, Livingston and Rush had pulled their heads out of their collective asses. You know why Iggy kicks out rather than finishing at the rim? He can't make two free throws. That's got to change if this team is going to take the next step. And Livingston is making Jordan Crawford look like an All-Star.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennis or some else start the next game thread, We will keep switching this up until we find a winner again.

It's all my fault. I need to be put in time-out for at least a month. If y'all want to suspend my posting privileges, I understand.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all my fault. I need to be put in time-out for at least a month. If y'all want to suspend my posting privileges, I understand.

Nope, it's definitely my fault. I wasn't able to watch the game again against the Spurs.

So far we're 5-0 when I watch and 0-2 when I have not. Clearly, my fault.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three or four points to make.

Curry got thoroughly abused by Parker. He kept on going over the pick and he was always just a step behind Parker. Being a step behind Parker is called "no man's land". They never had the player whose man was setting the pick step out and hold up Parker so that Curry could catch up. I guess they'd just decided to let Curry handle it all by himself, but he's not strong enough to both get over the pick and to still stay with Parker. Parker has been using the pick and roll when Curry was still in grade school. The Dubs never addressed this the entire game and Parker was simply dazzling, just like Curry can be when no one bothers to step out when Curry gets a pick at the top of the key.

AI#9 has zero confidence in his offense. He's lost without being a starter. He doesn't seem to know his role, and that's just something that has to be worked on.

However, HB continues to blossom with the first team. Playing with the first team gets you easy buckets from good passes/assists from Curry, Bogut and Green. AI9 is a tweener already, and creating his own shot isn't his forte'. At times on offense, he looks like he's been playing basketball for just a few years, like Ezeli.

This game was THE MOST DISCOURAGING game so far this year. Curry's shot selection, especially his quick outside shots that he creates off of the dribble, leaves a little to be desired. A number of times the other 4 guys were just standing around watching Steph try to create a shot for himself, which is not what Kerr is preaching. We can get better shots than step-back jumpers from 26 feet. I'd rather him take open shots or else drive to the basket and finish or dish to the open man. He's got incredible vision and he will find the open man. I'd rather that someone else take an open shot than have Curry jack up step-back J's from 3-pt range.

Klay had a good all-around game. No one else did other than HB.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fast start aside, after watching the last two games, it seems like we are the same old team from last year. A team that can shoot well for stretches but leads the league in turnovers and cannot rebound.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got so many guys surrounding the 3 point line that they aren't anywhere near the goal to get any offensive rebounds. While watching the game this morning, before the announcers said anything, I realized "we haven't gotten any offensive rebounds all game". If we get one it's a long rebound off of a missed 3.

You're right about the team reverting to how they played last year. It was Curry dribbling around the top of the key without much player movement happening. Oh well, there's always the next game.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to the post game interview, Kerr felt SPeights was providing needed offensive off the bench, and that's why he left SPeights in there.

Bogut & Sp8's on the floor at the same time would have been fine by me....Iggy & Steph weren't doing squat in the 4th but fouling people, missing shots and turning the ball over.