• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training Games Thread

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice start for Justus Sheffield: Two hitless innings with four strikeouts. It would be nice if he forced his way into the rotation but I have a feeling they are going to start him in AAA.

I didn't know that Tommy Milone was in camp. That is a problem because he fits the exact profile of the type of pitcher this organization loves to bring in to fit in the #5 spot in the rotation: cheap and washed up

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that Tommy Milone was in camp. That is a problem because he fits the exact profile of the type of pitcher this organization loves to bring in to fit in the #5 spot in the rotation: cheap and washed up

Yea I had no idea either. Not sure where he would fit unless they are entertaining a 6 man rotation

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice start for Justus Sheffield: Two hitless innings with four strikeouts. It would be nice if he forced his way into the rotation but I have a feeling they are going to start him in AAA.

Thanks for posting this. I was considering posting something similar myself.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the way Mr Long is swinging ?

If he keeps it up this spring does he end up on the big league roster?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hasn't played at the AAA level yet. My guess is he'll be the Rainiers starting third baseman for as long as he can hold it. He wasn't all that good at AA.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think he'll be in Tacoma. Dipoto made it clear that he isn't going to rush anyone up to the bigs. The guy has a lot of personality and could make a decent utility player and he might end up taking 3B after the Seager regime comes to an end?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want any of our prospects on the team opening day I feel that at times spring training numbers can be smoke and mirrors I wouldn't give a player a spot on the major league roster only because they played well in spring. It would look good in making a case for him but I would want to see a solid spring mixed with 2 good months in the minors before considering bringing someone up

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want any of our prospects on the team opening day I feel that at times spring training numbers can be smoke and mirrors I wouldn't give a player a spot on the major league roster only because they played well in spring. It would look good in making a case for him but I would want to see a solid spring mixed with 2 good months in the minors before considering bringing someone up
I think the stats from the second half of spring training are more important than the first half. In the first half, pitchers are building arm strength, getting mechanics down, and working on experimental pitches. In the second half they start throwing their meat-and-potato pitches.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the stats from the second half of spring training are more important than the first half. In the first half, pitchers are building arm strength, getting mechanics down, and working on experimental pitches. In the second half they start throwing their meat-and-potato pitches.

True I think this is where analytics comes in and see what a hitters stats are vs major league pitchers because other teams are giving their prospects playing time too. If this guy is batting .200 vs major league level pitchers and .310 vs prospects doesn't convince me to give him a spot on the major league level

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shlong is definitely showing he has a big stick...