• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training delayed?

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cactus League, Arizona officials ask MLB to delay start of 2021 spring training due to COVID-19

Major League Baseball is scheduled to open spring training camps in Arizona and Florida in less than a month's time. Yet on Monday, a Cactus League task force comprising the league's executive director and a number of Arizona government officials sent a letter to commissioner Rob Manfred requesting that spring training be delayed in response to the area's COVID-19 situation, which is one of the worst in the nation.

The letter, originally shared on Twitter by KPNX TV's Brahm Resnik, reads as follows:

Dear Commissioner Manfred:

Amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Cactus League has formed a task force to ensure that our 10 spring training facilities are prepared to host the 2021 spring training season in a manner that is safe for all involved. We stand ready to work with you on the final preparation and outcome to begin the season.

{...}

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Arizona doesn’t want it, just relocate to Florida for this year only.

Or move to Texas. Though I doubt Texas has the infrastructure to handle it...

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Arizona doesn’t want it, just relocate to Florida for this year only.

Or move to Texas. Though I doubt Texas has the infrastructure to handle it...
The MLBPA has already said no. Seems that the commissioner's office leaned on the Cactus League to make that request, though the Cactus League is denying that to be the case.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no problem with delaying the start. And I have no problem with a 120 game regular season in 2021.