• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring ball:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Word is the taylor will meet with Doc in morning to decide the course of action for his shoulder, may be a little more serious than i was thinking in above post.

disregard this post^^, (twitter can be confusing): taylor met with doctors today and after that posted "THANK GOD" "I'm good bro" & "yea we straight. thanks,"

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that you all might get a kick out of this quote from one of our LOI witness:

Kyshoen Jarrett - Just got a good VT workout in. I don't care if you run a 4.3, if you can't play then you just can't play. Go run track. I love when they doubt my speed but they won't be saying a thing in 2 months. I'm just saying I know the ACC is fast and they doubt my speed but if I was playing in the Big Ten they would've doubted my size. I am THE typical defensive back height, weight, and speed somewhat. It's like I got to be 6 foot 8 or something to be effective.

I love it when our players come in with chips on their shoulders. I know I have said it before but this guy is going to be a good one, a very good one.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I was @ the open scrimmage today, Had my little man with me and no roster but here are a few things worth mentioning also had to leave before it was over so i may of missed a few reps. (should have a more detailed break down after next fridays scrimmage)

Lt looked really good on his opening drive V/S second team D, except for 1 he drilled in the ground all of his passes looked crisp and on the money. Marcus Davis looks ready to take the next step and had one nice play where he carried 2-3 guys an extra 5 yards after the catch. Josh Oglesby is going to shock some people this year, he seems to have really good vision and hits the hole with power.

The first team D looked pretty impressive on the line and in the secondary, i still think the LB's (especially now that injuries are a factor) will be a work in progress deep into the summer.

David Wilson had a nice 65 yard (or so) run between tackle and guard off right side and up the sideline breaking a 2 tackles along the way. RB #27 or 37 (<--- not real sure about the number but i think its hopper) looked pretty good against the #1 D.

Lt seemed to over throw the deep route a little but really only had 1 "bad" pass (that i mentioned above) while i was there. One thing i really like and had hoped for is the fact that with his height we can run some quick slants and drags across the middle. <---FWIW logan looks really good throwing those routes also.

Gayle is a beast.

who ever was wearing 80 today (smiling i think) had an acrobatic catch in traffic right before i left.

I hope Juju is prepared because young is hurt and leal is honestly far from ready.

As players and guru's have been reporting for a while now, the energy from both players and coaches is through the roof. I've been to a lot of practices, open practices, etc and never has there been the excitement we have now.

BTW: i got a few pics today that im gonna put on flickr later tonight. Ill let you guys know when i get them up.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Oh and i almost forgot:
Randall Dunn had a couple nice catches ( 1 for a Td ) im not sure about his ability to block but he will be a pass catching threat @ TE next year (maybe more of a H-back than a true TE)

CJ looked really good kicking Fg/pat's and if he can stay focused i'd expect him to be the kicker next year.

:director:Danny Coale is auditioning for punter:noidea:

BTW: If any of you guys happen to have access to a roster for next friday or the spring game, i'd greatly appreciate a link or to have it PM'd to me. FYI the roster for spring game and scrimmages is different than the spring roster or the "general" roster. <---- i know that they are out there somewhere (because i always see people with them) but i can never seem to run across one.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
VT Football: Details from Hokies' first full scrimmage ... | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

BTW the spring roster list jerome lewis as 80. If it were him that made the acrobatic catch i was talking about above, he is one hell of an athletic TE.

BTW just confirmed it was lewis who made the catch ( if this happened during the season it play of the day w/o a doubt )

I look for drager to be in more of a TE mold (mentally and physically) when pre-season rolls around and he should lock up the #1 TE. If Lewis and/or Dunn can pick up their blocking our depth should be pretty solid also. Imo Lewis showed that he can be a playmaker with athletic ability alone and Dunn really seemed to run good routes and for lack of a better term played like a guy who knew what the hell was going on out there.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunzworth, I PM'd you a link to the spring roster earlier in the week. Did you not get it?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hunzworth, I PM'd you a link to the spring roster earlier in the week. Did you not get it?

Actually i did and thanx btw, but the roster im looking for is broken down into maroon and white teams. Most of your starters wear their normal #'s during these things but some of the second and third team guys wear a different # and some #'s are worn by 2 guys (1 in white 1 in maroon).

FWIW i think people normally get them from beamerball or tsl.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everybody! Haven't been on in awhile due to an ultra busy work and home schedule, but I've been trying to look from time to time. Here is another link on the scrimmage yesterday.

Virginia Tech defensive end James Gayle shows signs of stardom - Roanoke.com

Sounds like the D-Line will be much improved! Need some guys to step up at LB but the Line and Secondary sounds like it could be scary...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
nice pics

btw, the shots of the river make me want to get up there and go tubing!

Thanx. I just started my flickr page, right now im trying to keep it mostly VT but after the spring game im gonna add a lot more pics of other things.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
^^^thanx guys and btw 757 i know exactly what you mean about the river, being local i've spent a large portion of my life on that river in one way or another. No better scenery than Mccoy falls on a warm spring day!