• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla's Week 4 Top 25 Discussion Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, then explain ranking Michigan State?

Everyone acted like Ole Miss being ranked is some sort of joke, need to look at that.
Pretty simple. Michigan State is a proven commodity. They lost in a game across the country in the last second while committing a very uncommon amount of self-inflicted wounds. Otherwise, they have beaten two teams that are 3-1. No reason not to have them ranked at this point given some of the other options.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Penn State wasn't my #5 last week, they just moved up this week, and that was only due to Oklahoma struggling mightily with Army. Also, Penn State beat Illinois by 39 points, so not sure why they're even being brought up.

Secondly, USF is ranked due to attrition, simple as that.

You know why they’re being brought up. The only difference in how USF and Penn State looked against Illinois is USF scored 18 unanswered in the 4th quarter to win, while penn state scored 35 unanswered in the 4th quarter to make it look like a blowout.

You’re full of shit, but we already knew that.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty simple. Michigan State is a proven commodity. They lost in a game across the country in the last second while committing a very uncommon amount of self-inflicted wounds. Otherwise, they have beaten two teams that are 3-1. No reason not to have them ranked at this point given some of the other options.

They were a proven commodity in 2016 too. They lost to ASU, and looked bad against USU. I don't see much point in bitching about teams 20-30. But here we are....

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:spit:

By two teams that are 3-1 you mean Utah state and Indiana... just so we’re all clear.

In before “but the last (insert number of years) something something proven commodity.”

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know why they’re being brought up. The only difference in how USF and Penn State looked against Illinois is USF scored 18 unanswered in the 4th quarter to win, while penn state scored 35 unanswered in the 4th quarter to make it look like a blowout.

You’re full of shit, but we already knew that.
Wow, that's some of the more retarded shit we've seen on here. Penn State led for basically the whole first half and trailed for a whopping 2 whole minutes at in the early 3rd quarter before running away from Illinois. USF, on the other hand, trailed for the entire game EXCEPT for the final 2 minutes of the 4th when they were finally able to take their first lead and win. Two completely and entirely different games that have no reason to be compared.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were a proven commodity in 2016 too. They lost to ASU, and looked bad against USU. I don't see much point in bitching about teams 20-30. But here we are....
That's fine. That's hardly the worst part about your rankings.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:spit:

By two teams that are 3-1 you mean Utah state and Indiana... just so we’re all clear.

In before “but the last (insert number of years) something something proven commodity.”
Still 3-1, are they not? What I said is 100% valid and correct.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly, now looking back, I probably have Colorado too high. Feel better? Lmao.
Kentucky at 13th was actually the worst. The fact that you honesty think these teams are among the 15 best teams in all of college football, holy crap.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky at 13th was actually the worst. The fact that you honesty think these teams are among the 15 best teams in all of college football, holy crap.

You have them fucking 19th. Lmao. If they suck so bad why are they ranked in your poll?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just sitting in the background laughing at Kentucky football being ranked at all.

I was feeling kinda down. This makes me feel better lol.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's some of the more retarded shit we've seen on here. Penn State led for basically the whole first half and trailed for a whopping 2 whole minutes at in the early 3rd quarter before running away from Illinois. USF, on the other hand, trailed for the entire game EXCEPT for the final 2 minutes of the 4th when they were finally able to take their first lead and win. Two completely and entirely different games that have no reason to be compared.

You remember it how you want, you make everything else up so why not. Penn state had a 3 point lead going into the 4th quarter, and the way the game was going everyone had them on upset alert.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have them fucking 19th. Lmao. If they suck so bad why are they ranked in your poll?
I have them because I was running out of teams. You have them just outside of the top 10. Kentucky.

Also, you're kidding me with Colorado that high. Yet you have michigan at 24, a week after they brutally destroyed the same Nebraska team that Colorado only beat because of a last minute self-inflicted penalty. The same Colorado that has two other wins, one over an 0-4 FCS New Hampshire team and the other over a 1-4 Colorado State team. This is the 15th best team in the nation in your mind.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You remember it how you want, you make everything else up so why not. Penn state had a 3 point lead going into the 4th quarter, and the way the game was going everyone had them on upset alert.
Penn State won by 39 points and only trailed for 2 minutes. USF won by 5 and only led for 2 minutes. Again, these games are not similar, as badly as you're trying to twist things. You took a shot and missed badly. Just dust yourself off and admit you were wrong.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State won by 39 points and only trailed for 2 minutes. USF won by 5 and only led for 2 minutes. Again, these games are not similar, as badly as you're trying to twist things. You took a shot and missed badly. Just dust yourself off and admit you were wrong.

Here’s a retarded horse for you. You’ve earned it.

:ipw:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s a retarded horse for you. You’ve earned it.

:ipw:
That's what I figured. Resort to that instead of just admitting you made a misinformed comparison. Whatever you've gotta do.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have them because I was running out of teams. You have them just outside of the top 10. Kentucky.

Also, you're kidding me with Colorado that high. Yet you have michigan at 24, a week after they brutally destroyed the same Nebraska team that Colorado only beat because of a last minute self-inflicted penalty. The same Colorado that has two other wins, one over an 0-4 FCS New Hampshire team and the other over a 1-4 Colorado State team. This is the 15th best team in the nation in your mind.

Who gives a shit what's on the front of the jersey? They've played really well this year. I'm not going to rank 1 loss teams ahead of them that don't deserve it.

And yes, Colorado admittedly is probably too high. I was higher on them in the preseason, which is probably factoring into where I ranked them. No doubt the schedule has been atrocious. They should probably be behind some of those 1 loss teams.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I figured. Resort to that instead of just admitting you made a misinformed comparison. Whatever you've gotta do.

I’m not resorting to anything, I told you you earned it. You tried to make your point, it was stupid, you won the horse, there’s nothing else to say but I get it. In magical, scenario village adjacent across the field land, it’s different when teams like Penn State need overtime to beat Appalachian State, or let Illinois hang with them for 3 quarters. What else do you want? Take your horse and feel good about yourself. :ipw:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not resorting to anything, I told you you earned it. You tried to make your point, it was stupid, you won the horse, there’s nothing else to say but I get it. In magical, scenario village adjacent across the field land, it’s different when teams like Penn State need overtime to beat Appalachian State, or let Illinois hang with them for 3 quarters. What else do you want? Take your horse and feel good about yourself. :ipw:
tumblr_me31aq3Mjr1qacv60o1_500.jpg