• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sports Goats

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played in an 8 team league with 6 HOF’rs....the rings are great but it really doesn’t matter considering there were other players so much greater. Never said he wasn’t great but Wilt dominated him every team they played. He was a 3rd or 4th scoring option at times...no way I could EVER put a player like that into the GOAT conversation

I never said anything about Russell being in the GOAT conversation. But you did say this, comment # 29- he played in a 10 team league. So did Wilt. And you said this- top 50 player? That could be argued. Actually no it can't. And to say Russell was the Draymond Green of his era is absurd. Russell was the most important player on the greatest dynasty the league has ever seen.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have a hard time with this GOAT thing, look at boxing with all those weight divisions. The different positions in team sports. All the different events in track. This GOAT thing has to be more specific. Have a real hard time with any QB the GOAT in pro football, so many great athletes there and a unathletic QB is THE GOAT?

A miler vs a sprinter, a center vs a guard, a welterweight vs a heavyweight, and on and on.....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anything about Russell being in the GOAT conversation. But you did say this, comment # 29- he played in a 10 team league. So did Wilt. And you said this- top 50 player? That could be argued. Actually no it can't. And to say Russell was the Draymond Green of his era is absurd. Russell was the most important player on the greatest dynasty the league has ever seen.
Anyone saying Bill Russell isn't one of the greatest basketball players but Wilt was must be pure hater shock value agenda shit. The comparison to Draymond Green is a top 5 uninformed posts ever on the site.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone saying Bill Russell isn't one of the greatest basketball players but Wilt was must be pure hater shock value agenda shit. The comparison to Draymond Green is a top 5 uninformed posts ever on the site.

I would never argue for Russell to be in the GOAT conversation. But when shane said Russell was nothing more than Draymond I gotta good laugh outta that.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Racing GOAT = Aryton Senna

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to not ignore how things were pre black athletes. Seriously doubt Don Hutson is blowing by black cornerbacks.

"Cool Papa" Bell in the negros leagues was far faster than anyone in MLB back in the day,

Jackie Robinson was an NCAA long jump champ and a stud running back while at UCLA. Without question the best athlete in MLB.

Yes, but Babe Ruth is known for hitting home runs. Are black pitchers better than white ones somehow?

I'm just addressing his "Babe Ruth didn't play against minorities" remark -- I don't think it affects the argument for Babe Ruth's greatness.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but Babe Ruth is known for hitting home runs. Are black pitchers better than white ones somehow?

I'm just addressing his "Babe Ruth didn't play against minorities" remark -- I don't think it affects the argument for Babe Ruth's greatness.
It was a stupid comment by a dumbass. Babe Ruth is the GOAT, minorities has nothing to do with it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously exagerration dumbass. And if you read the post I responded to...the conversation wasn’t if he was one of the greatest but that he was not the GOAT. Next time read you old fuck.

And yes Wilt dominating Bill for years...why did Bill win more, well he had 6 HOF teammates. It’s pretty simple, Bill wasn’t even a 1st option on his team for years and we are talking about in an 8-10 team league. The Draymond was not comparing them as PLAYERS but his style in today’s NBA. I have no doubt Bill would be very good in this era but he would be the Draymond type of player, which is almost HOF but not quite. Bill will and should never be in the GOAT conversation and that was the whole point.

Read. Dumbfuck...better put on your bifocals lolzzz

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s funny someone even mentioning ole Billy in the same sentence as the GOAT. The guy averaged 15 pppg against 6’6” post guys in a watered down 10 team league and he couldn’t dominate offensively? Lets hear the excuses, he had so many great teammates he liked to spread the ball around lol. There were no teams out of 10 team league that could match what the C’s had with their 5-6 HOF’s...it’s like throwing an All-Star team out there. Bill was a great rebounder even at his size, great leader, great defender in his era but he is not one of the greatest players of all-time, not top 10. He is the greatest winner, I will give him that. A guy that averaged 15 ppg vs white guys...think about that...should never be mentioned in the top 10. There is NO WAY he was better than MJ, Lebron, Wilt (who he was dominated by year after year), Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq, Kobe, Oscar, Bird...no way, there is no fair argument he is better than any of those player and more. The rings argument is really a lame one considering all the things mentioned. Hell of a winner. Congrats

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh and he was 44% from the field..this is a guy that took basically all his shots 10 feet in...44%. That is bad for a big man. 56% from the FT line. Cmon man, putting him in the GOAT talk is blasphemy!

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well we know for a fact blacks are better running backs, sprinters, hurdlers, cornerbacks, long jumpers, wide receivers, mobile QB's, basketballers, so to think better pitchers way back then not far fetched.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB- Ruth
NFL- Brady and he's still a fag
NBA- Kareem
NHL- Gretzky
Golf- Jack Nicholas
NCAAM- Kareem
NCAAF- Herschel Walker
Pool- Minnesota Fats

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a stupid comment by a dumbass. Babe Ruth is the GOAT, minorities has nothing to do with it

Ignoring a valid point does not make your point. Nobody said Babe wasn't a great player, but ignoring facts like not playing against minorities and ground rule doubles counted as home runs are valid points, no matter how nuch you may not like it. A lot of he best players in baseball history are minorities. Nothing wrong at all wondering how his stats would look like if he played minorities too. Doesn't mean he wouldn't be still considered the best, but saying he didn't play minorities is worth noting.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You obviously know nothing about sports dumbass, if ya did then you'd get never facing African Americans is huge.

You, calling others stupid, hahaha!!!!

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignoring a valid point does not make your point. Nobody said Babe wasn't a great player, but ignoring facts like not playing against minorities and ground rule doubles counted as home runs are valid points, no matter how nuch you may not like it. A lot of he best players in baseball history are minorities. Nothing wrong at all wondering how his stats would look like if he played minorities too. Doesn't mean he wouldn't be still considered the best, but saying he didn't play minorities is worth noting.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
babe ruth was a cheater. fuck him

"Even the Big Bambino himself, Babe Ruth, injected himself with extract from a sheeps testicles, hoping for increased power at the plate (and in the bedroom). He attempted this only once, and it made him incredibly ill; the Yankees covered the story by telling the press that the Babe just had one of his famous bellyaches."